NECA Back to the Future

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PSPS13
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA Back to the Future

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:26 pm

RPM716 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am
Randy said there’s no plans for Part 3? Aside from being disappointed with that decision since I like 3 more than 2, it just seems silly to skip on the movie that would give us cowboy figures. C’mon NECA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's a reply on his Twitter relatively recently (within the last month and a half). I'd have to paraphrase from memory, but nothing at all as negative or extreme as ruling them out, but definite confirmation that none at all were currently in any stage of development from that movie. So, I guess, next year at best for Part 3.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:36 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm
The DST cars are great, but I don;t have figures that can stand next to them. More of in the distance...
Yeah, definitely the best temporary solution I've seen. 'Movie magic' problem-solving!
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:47 am

If this is it for the line, at least I got 2 fantastic Doc figures out of it, and 2 so-so Marty's. Hopefully somebody comes out with replacement heads for the Marty figures.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:51 am

Randy was also replying to BTTF tweets just yesterday saying “more to come,” so I wouldn’t fret about Part 3 figures right now. As long as this stuff sells, you’ll get your cowboy Marty and Doc, at the very least, and probably Mad Dog too.
Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:53 pm

I see 1955 doc at Walmart. His wide eyed expressions is not so bad after all.

But I’m still holding out for Devo suit Doc
Wheeljack01
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Anybody else's 1985 Marty's head come off really easily when turning side to side? Really hope we get some BTTF3 love soon.
Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:39 am

More details on 2015 Griff and finally hazmat suit doc brown!

https://news.toyark.com/2021/07/19/neca ... cap-436160

We might get a non creepy expression!

Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:59 am

Randy said no plans for part 3 BUT at some point mentioned that they have scultped like 10 more figures or so (crazy amount) i remember him stating that no girls were sculpted yet tho..

I guess if griff and 85' doc do well, they'll move to part 3 for sure, at least marty, doc (i bet neca folks are dying to work in that customized steampunk look winchester rifle Doc holds by the begging of the movie) amd bufford

If that hypothetical series does well enough, maybe they'll consider offering deloreans as a make-to-order (or however it is called) thing through their website. That would work for the price point it will have (mezco style, you know...)

I guess that's a pretty logical plan

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:02 pm

They mentioned an accessories pack like the TMNT movie one. Potentially with a minifigure. Has to be Einstein which would definitely sell an accessory pack.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:21 pm

They REALLY need the car. Chicks dig the car.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:26 pm

How many variants from Part 1 and 2 of Marty, Doc, and Biff left if they've got 10 figures sculpted but none are from Part 3?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

NECA Back to the Future

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:42 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:How many variants from Part 1 and 2 of Marty, Doc, and Biff left if they've got 10 figures sculpted but none are from Part 3?
All but certain we get Enchantment Under the Sea Marty and “inconspicuous” Marty from BttF2. Old Man Biff from BttF2 is also likely. Maybe Alt-1985 Biff. But either way I think that puts the total number at 10.

I’m torn on what I want outside them. Lorraine without George is underwhelming, but it seems like a tough chance to get Crispin Glover to sign on. Maybe as a con exclusive, but even then I’m not holding my breath. One and some with an Enchantment Under the Sea 2-pack would cover what I want. But this line needs at least one Lea Thompson. Jennifer…idk. She’s not inconsequential to the movies, but if they don’t swing her, I won’t lose sleep.

And then from BttF3, I’d expect both versions of Matty (1955 western and actual western clothes), 1885 Doc, Mad Dog, and Shamus. They all seem pretty safe. Somehow, Clara will be the only female in the line.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Accessory pack?

Hmmm.

The figures come with pretty good accessories. Einstein and model of Hill Vally square are really only things that I can think of a pack would make getting worth it.

If they aren’t going to the ladies or third film, I may be done with Griff.

Thwipp!

Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Prophet924 wrote:Accessory pack?

Hmmm.

The figures come with pretty good accessories. Einstein and model of Hill Vally square are really only things that I can think of a pack would make getting worth it.

If they aren’t going to the ladies or third film, I may be done with Griff.

Thwipp!

Maybe they can throw in some of Doc's devices, like the helmet, some extra tools, maybe Copernicus (the dog from 50s to go with that Doc figure) some of the mining stuff they use to find the buried delorean, and so on... besides, some extra stuff for Marty

I have to agree that besides Einstein is not that obvious as for other franchises they did in the past (like nightmare on elm street, aliens...) But with some imagination they could come up with a pretty cool pack!

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

heman008
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:59 pm

Come on guys there’s plenty they can add to accessory pack! Einstein of course, alternate head of Doc with the helmet, 1955 tv with attached camcorder and Doc on screen, let’s copy DST by adding the flame trail and spinning license plate, case of plutonium, giant amp. I’m sure there’s more I’m not thinking about.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”