NECA Back to the Future

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA Back to the Future

Sat May 29, 2021 2:56 am

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:He just needs a van and some candy.

Yeaaaah.... this figure might be creepy
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 am

Dr Baghead wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:He just needs a van and some candy.

Yeaaaah.... this figure might be creepy
ImageImageImage
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 29, 2021 4:22 pm

DeadMallsTellNoTales wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 pm
They are just trying to make the craziest expressions do they can reuse the molds for their FoodFight! action figure line!
Ssssuuuurvival of the f-fiiiittest MAAAARRTYYYY!
Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 29, 2021 5:49 pm

I wish 3rd party 3D designers would get in on the action and offer some alternative heads.
Samurai8472
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Samurai8472 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:49 pm
I wish 3rd party 3D designers would get in on the action and offer some alternative heads.
Dr Baghead wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:23 pm
Samurai8472 wrote:IMO they keep getting more creepier and creepier.
Creepier?! There’s nothing creepy about the new Doc Brow....

Okay, you make an excellent point...

The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has some competition
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Can’t unsee the “I don’t have my teeth in” look of that head for Doc.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 am

Any word from NECA about any version of the DeLorean in scale for these figures? They made an ED-209, Predator trophy room, Alien pilot and Alien loader, so they do make non-figure items occasionally.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 am

If we’re lucky we will get wake up juice Doc head sculpt. He’ll probably have a stern bad azz look too since he’s living out his Wild West dream.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:00 pm

NECA does great work, but these sculpts all look a bit off to me. They have that wax museum not quite right but still kinda right look about them. Pretty much across the line.

Doc is definitely fun for craziness though, very Revoltech Woody in that way.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 pm

I found the Audition Marty McFly at Target. I like it a lot. The only other Marty I would want is the Enchantment under the Sea dance zoot suit.

There was also a couple of King Kongs.

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 am

ODBJBG wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:00 pm
NECA does great work, but these sculpts all look a bit off to me. They have that wax museum not quite right but still kinda right look about them. Pretty much across the line.

Doc is definitely fun for craziness though, very Revoltech Woody in that way.
I love that these figures exist SO much I feel ungrateful complaining, but the Marty heads do feel a bit of a disappointment. I think the Doc heads are phenomenal, though! Some of my favourite, by far, ever. The more distinction, stronger features and character and age a face has, the easier it is to achieve a likeness- which I think is why 'blander', 'conventionally attractive' faces sometimes seem weaker-
And it feels like that accounts for some of the dissatisfaction with the execution of Marty (and Mac from the Thing), but I also think there's something about the paint jobs on those that just isn't serving the sculpt well enough. The grey images of the sculpts all look excellent- but when painted, they've lost a lot of the likeness they caught.
I don't know the solution, but I'd have loved if NECA did.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 am

mr Articulate wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 am
Any word from NECA about any version of the DeLorean in scale for these figures? They made an ED-209, Predator trophy room, Alien pilot and Alien loader, so they do make non-figure items occasionally.
Never heard any word, but I wish they would.
I worry, based on their pricing of their mini DeLorean, that it'd just come out too darn expensive and just not viable to sell enough to warrant it (even though they could arguably sell it three times with ammendments).
It'd be a shame, though, because there are far more collectors of model DeLoreans than collectors of the movie action figures that haven't been served by a great DeLorean in this scale.
If they did HasLab style projects, I guess it'd be achievable, but that misses so many of the customers you need that aren't massively online toy obsessives.

Never heard anything about the Toony DeLorean we saw the prototype of either, which is a shame.

According to Randy, no plans in place for Part 3 figures yet, either, and according to some Rando on Reddit, the BTTF licence is up for renewal next year-
So everything sounds a bit more precarious than I like now with these. Personally, this was a dream line for me and I wanted all the Martys, Docs and Biff/Griffs, at least, plus the cars. No longer so confident.
RPM716
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am

Randy said there’s no plans for Part 3? Aside from being disappointed with that decision since I like 3 more than 2, it just seems silly to skip on the movie that would give us cowboy figures. C’mon NECA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm

The DST cars are great, but I don;t have figures that can stand next to them. More of in the distance...
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:05 pm

man i hope we get some pt 3 figures, we need to complete the trilogy.
sometime randy would pick and choose properties and if it's more than one movie he'll focus on the more popular one and pass on the others.

i remember when they had the rocky license he only did figures from movie 1 to i think 4 and skipped rocky 5 and 6 because it wasn't his favorite. the same for robocop he only did the first and he didn't do the other 2 movies until he finally made that last robocop with the jetpack and gave us the part 2 color suit.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”