McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:41 am

I'd be lying if I said that those figures didn't look hella cool, even with no attachement to them as characters. They'd be perfect as some higher tier Hell lords and demons for Ghost Rider, Blade or Constantine and Etrigan to fight.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:14 pm

Todd has been giving so much value for your dollar with the DC toys, I was half expecting the Sam and Twitch two pack to be a $20 two-for-one like how they did the two pack in the 90's. Alas, it is $40, but that's OK, Todd, no hard feelings. I understand those days are done. Still nice to pay $20 each for two well executed figures.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:25 pm

I mean, Twitch looks like half of a figure at most. But then again, Sam is definitely a one and a half. So yeah, pricing makes sense. Hasbro would throw in a random 1 cm tall cat, call it a 3 pack and try to sell it to people for $80.
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm

I'm actually very interested in King Spider. I believe he debued in Spawn during the crossover with Ant and Savage Dragon so that gives me hope Ant may yet show up in this line soon. I think Erik Larson create him as well which really increases the likelyhood she would be able to get in. Obviously character obscurity isn't hindering a lot of figures inclusion. I still want my classic villians but this guy is a definate buy for me.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:24 pm

Weird. Amazon won’t let me order Sam and Twitch. Tells me there is a “problem”, prompts me to change my address or remove item. Everything else works fine.
Never had this happen before. Disturbing.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:30 pm

badguy543 wrote:
I'm actually very interested in King Spider. I believe he debued in Spawn during the crossover with Ant and Savage Dragon so that gives me hope Ant may yet show up in this line soon. I think Erik Larson create him as well which really increases the likelyhood she would be able to get in. Obviously character obscurity isn't hindering a lot of figures inclusion. I still want my classic villians but this guy is a definate buy for me.
I actually wouldn't mind a new Savage Dragon as well!
JackParsons
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:26 pm

This wave is a homerun. I have no interest in Plague and Omega but those Sam and Twitch are needed yesterday. Love Nightmare and the randomness of King Spider.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:38 am

badguy543 wrote:
Doesn't this mean Dragon himself could show up?? I have so many Spawn comics and 265 is like one of a handful missing. Not for long - this is such a deep cut and cool design. I love the size and costume.

While I await Sinn, Disruptor, Monolith, Medieval and other new notables I think this is the best wave yet. Wave 1 was awesome and MAYBE still my fave, but the sculpts and paint across the board here really went to another level. Thanks Todd! Can't wait for these and Wave 5
CFFJR
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:04 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:41 am
I'd be lying if I said that those figures didn't look hella cool, even with no attachement to them as characters. They'd be perfect as some higher tier Hell lords and demons for Ghost Rider, Blade or Constantine and Etrigan to fight.
They are definitely perfect for that! I'm buying them to paint up a bit and pit them against my classic Doomguy.

Omega really isn't too far off from a cyberdemon, with a bit of effort.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm a sucker for a Savage Dragon. We haven't had a Malcolm yet.
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:04 pm

Let's hope. I wish Liefeld didn't [email protected]#$ up Youngblood - would love a Diehard. Maybe Creech is fair game. Plague is the most Capullo looking design yet in this new Universe line. Give me a Batman Spawn 2 pack along with Creech please :)
Corn Viper
Super Poseable

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:47 pm

Unpopular opinion: I wish McFarlane would release some 6 inch Spawn statues once in awhile like they use to. Maybe without the articulation the paint deco could be upgraded, but mostly I like how cheap McFarlane would sale them for. The 12" McFarlane Dragon statue coming out would probably cost $100 if another company made it, but McFarlane is only charging $40. I would like to pick up more well sculpted statues but the higher general cost makes it hard to justify.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:05 pm

new spawn!

and they're also doin 3in page punchers as 2-packs with comic
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:06 pm

I'm in for all three 7" figures.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:18 pm

I was hoping for Monolith and Todd didn't disappoint!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”