McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:43 am

My signed Violator came in today at Canadian GameStop.

Even the clerk was thrilled it came through.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:00 pm
Soul Crusher cancelled at Amazon due to “lack of availability.”

Starting to be a trend with Todd’s stuff.
i think this is just amazon's dumb system. i read elsewhere that the wave was delayed another month or two. you never know if amazon is gonna update it or just cancel it
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:15 am

It’s crazy that only my McFarlane stuff has been cancelled by Amazon. First 40k and now Soul Crusher. It’s one thing to delay but why cancel if it’s a ways away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:55 am

Roufuss wrote:

Great.....and here I was hoping for good news. I remember it was originally scheduled for November. Is this a bad sign for the line?

I had a Takara Optimus delayed citing Covid so it's probably just general issues but I want more SPAWN figures.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:19 am

ditko wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:55 am
Roufuss wrote:

Great.....and here I was hoping for good news. I remember it was originally scheduled for November. Is this a bad sign for the line?

I had a Takara Optimus delayed citing Covid so it's probably just general issues but I want more SPAWN figures.
EVERYONE in EVERY industry is having shipping delay issues. This does not spell doom for the line.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm

Good to know. Well sort of. I still haven't seen Lobo or Lex either.

I won't be like the KickStarter mob last year, I do sometimes get dramatic over stuff I'm psyched for. I hope we see it by March at least.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:41 am

She-Spawn and Cygor are set to arrive “tomorrow” according to Amazon, neither one has shipped.

Fully expecting the cancellation notices like most McFarlane things I’ve ordered through them lately.
barbecue17
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:19 pm

I saw a video review of Soul Crusher and She-Spawn last night from Toy Shiz and they both look pretty good. Definitely seem to be improved over some of last year's offerings, which were quite good. This is hopefully a good sign we'll see them soon (he said he got his sent to him from McFarlane so they weren't picked up from anywhere). I'm still waiting on the blood Violator from GameStop, too. Hopefully soon! I expected him last year.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:07 pm

I found one armored Lex at Target a week or so ago, but one of his wrist balls was fused, and despite being as delicate as I always am, the peg snapped right off. :|
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:55 pm

Cy-Gor showed up yesterday from Amazon. The articulation is a little more limited than I would have hoped for - which I guess shouldn't surprise me from MCFarlane. The figure does remind me a lot of the old original Cy-Gor I bought in the 90's - which of course is the point.

Still I'm a sucker for Gorilla action figures and it's nice to have an updated Cy-Gor on the shelf. So how long until Todd releases the white variant of this guy? I remember the experience of trying to track down that old white variant 25 years ago pretty vividly.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:20 am

I hope Todd gives us a figure of this guy soon. I love this cover!!!

WinterLord
Super Poseable

Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Got CyGor from Amazon. Sculpt and paint is great but the articulation is terrible. Not sure the figure is worth buying since he can pretty much only be posed on all fours. Might as well have gotten the Raw10 figure for a fraction of the cost when it originally came out.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:56 pm

WinterLord wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:58 pm
Got CyGor from Amazon. Sculpt and paint is great but the articulation is terrible. Not sure the figure is worth buying since he can pretty much only be posed on all fours. Might as well have gotten the Raw10 figure for a fraction of the cost when it originally came out.
Agreed. I'm particularly annoyed by the places where they did include articulation and then added design elements that render the included articulation useless. The left shoulder has a ball joint but the shoulder pad won't allow upward rotation. And the right elbow - theres an elbow joint included - with an unsightly peg to accommodate the joint, but then there are plastic tubes stretching from the tricep to the wrist that won't allow any bend in the elbow at all.

I didn't buy the Raw 10 figure because it lacked articulation. This one is infuriating because it has lots of engineered articulation, but much of it is functionally unusable. Sigh.

It's not $50 worth of figure in my estimation.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm

Visionary wrote:

The character's name is "Forment"?.... like Torment would make sense and go right in line with Spawn themes - but Forment? That is just laughably silly.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:26 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm
Visionary wrote:

The character's name is "Forment"?.... like Torment would make sense and go right in line with Spawn themes - but Forment? That is just laughably silly.
I would’ve been happy with Blood Spawn.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”