McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm

That one also has his dirty alley throne, which definitely has more character than the one shown in a recent cover. Possible thrones below.

TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:03 pm

Megazarak wrote:That one also has his dirty alley throne, which definitely has more character than the one shown in a recent cover. Possible thrones below.

Probably that bottom one so he can reuse the Apokolips throne that comes with a Lex Luthor figure. They look to be the same general shape.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 pm

It will most likely be the bottom throne to have “modern” Spawn as the first Spawn release. I’m half expecting the crown as well.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:56 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 am
Jay C said in his YouTube video which I didn't catch until now that She-Spawn is not an exclusive figure to Target and will be available everywhere. He did say she is a deluxe figure. The price he mentioned was $39.99.
Cy-Gor is a Mega figure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnbxb38z6k
Not being an exclusive figure is great news.

But I love Robo's comedic timing. Showing Soul Crusher and then showing She-Spawn saying... look she is red so I guess that makes her an exclusive.

:lol: True, not true... intentional or not. Do not care. That part of the Fwoosh Weekly was pure entertainment just for the suspense with the hint of Target Horror before Halloween.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:37 am

Ultramane
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:54 am

i could accept clown since his giant backpack was articulated like a second figure, but that doesn't look like $15 of guns to me at all
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:00 pm

That's about the number of accessories the GameStop Mandarin Spawn got. But he had a much more intricate sxulpt and paint job. I might pick this up if I can get her for sub $30. I don't know the character. Is she a powered hellspawn, or just a human fangirl?
My knowledge of Spawn is mostly the HBO animated series and the live action movie. And what I've gleaned through cultural osmosis.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:24 pm

The biggest problem I have with him charging more for the accessories is so far, his accessories have been poorly made. These look nice enough, but if they're made from the same soft plastic as Redeemer's sword, he can keep them!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reefer Shark
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:31 pm

I actually like the weapons a lot more than the figure itself. Passing on she-spawn unless I find an amazing deal or something.
Ultramane
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:46 pm

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Cygor objectively looks great. But not what I want. Not really into the over-the-top techno sci-fi aspect. I want a little more grounded realism in my supernatural hellspawn demon warrior dead guy superhero comics and toys.
Same reason I'm nor feeling She-Spawn's "impossible" guns. But her blade weapons look nice.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:35 pm

Do Cy-gor have finger articulation?

In some pictures his hands are more closed
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:49 pm

Would be great if it had finger articulation, but I'm pretty sure it's all static, and that in the posed shot it just looks that way because of the angle, otherwise they look the same in all the pics, I think. In some pics it does look like at least one of the knuckles would be able to articulate, for standing and to make a fist, but I'm pretty sure it's just the sculpt, unfortunately.
VictorD10010
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:08 am

I think so

It's because this part really looks like it moves

Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:29 am

I thought so too, but then articulation in that part of the hand wouldn't make as much sense as the part connected to the hand. And if it could I would expect the knuckles to be level so as to have room for a straight rod to go through all of them, but they're not quite all connected.
Given the design it would have been a good opportunity to have jointed fingers, but who knows how that would have costed out.

Also, when looking to grab that pic, I noticed the picture on the back of the box, its actually got completely different hands. It also seems to be a bit more blue and have some paint to make it look a bit rusted. The knuckles also look even more like they're jointed, especially the index finger on the right hand. Could be a variant or an early proto, who knows.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”