McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 am

Jay C said in his YouTube video which I didn't catch until now that She-Spawn is not an exclusive figure to Target and will be available everywhere. He did say she is a deluxe figure. The price he mentioned was $39.99.
Cy-Gor is a Mega figure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnbxb38z6k
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:19 am

There was never indication any of these were exclusives. I was bummed about Gunslinger 1 being delayed. Oh well, next week will be more fun now. I heard some stores DID receive it though.
Ultramane
CROM!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 am

my store got both spawn books this week
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 pm
Hm, well, either way there's no indication yet. Both Clown and Violator were regular releases, so I don't see why non-variant versions of these would be exclusives. I guess you could point to wave 1 being 4 regular releases with 1 exclusive, so it'd be the same with this one? Who knows, I guess, but I'll assume they're regular releases until otherwise stated.
Oh, I don't want them to be, lol. Not in the slightest. I hope they're not.

But I was worried because others brought it up first, lol. :|
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:48 pm

One bit of interesting news to pass long - in an interview McFarlane said he found that cover painter Boris Barens on social media - Instagram I think. So this dude literally 3D sculpts an image first, takes a picture THEN paints it. He needed steady work so Todd hired him and he's also sculpting for the toy company. Maybe we already own some of his work - but in any case seems reasonable to assume we will see some of his badass covers come to life so to speak in the next year or so.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:19 pm

First look at Ninja Spawn proto
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:48 pm

Neat, the line needs more Spawn variants. And I don't say that in jest. I'm mostly in this line for all the cool Spawn iterations. Wave two left me a little flat.
Now my only question is the Gunslinger and Horse, is it a two pack, or do I need to pick up the wave 2 GS?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Garlador
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:18 pm

I feel like I've time-travelled from the peak 90s McFarlane Spawn heydays. It's great. Ninja Spawn is looking like a great upgrade over the classic figure.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 pm

He looks cool. Now I'm thinking Gunslinger with horse is the Deluxe Spawn set. If there's new tooling on Gunslinger then I'm probably in. I wanted Al though. If he has some new parts reflecting Booth's work then it's an easy buy.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Gunslinger+Horse would probably be at Megafig price, at least. And if that listing had anything to do with Gunslinger, it would surely have been listed as Gunslinger Spawn and probably include something about a horse.

Random musing about Amazon.ca, they briefly put up Gunslinger and Redeemer but they're at $36+. I have to assume this is an error, but between that and Jaskier at $42+, who knows what's even going on with the pricing anymore. They've been the most reliable (until they cancelled my original Gunslinger preorder...) way to get McFarlane figures in Canada, so it's kind of annoying that they're doing this with prices (they also randomly raise prices often when they go in stock for whatever reason).
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:06 am

Yeah I kinda thought it would say "Gunslinger" in the listing but who knows. A damn Target around here blew through Raven Spawn and Redeemer cases TWICE.....now they're choking on a 3rd restock. Todd overshipping stuff concerns me. Don't ruin a good thing too soon man.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:13 am

Checked that video where the little teasers from Todd were dropped, at 56 minutes (timestamped below) Todd mentions "Spawn on a throne, can't show that one yet", so that just may be the Spawn deluxe. I wonder why Ninja Spawn could be shown but not that Spawn.
https://youtu.be/N3P82mRbquc?t=3360

He also forgot what Princess Bride was called briefly, which was kinda funny.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 am

Awesome find Megazarak! I never had that Throne before. Awesome stuff.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:58 am

Megazarak wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:13 am
Checked that video where the little teasers from Todd were dropped, at 56 minutes (timestamped below) Todd mentions "Spawn on a throne, can't show that one yet", so that just may be the Spawn deluxe. I wonder why Ninja Spawn could be shown but not that Spawn.
https://youtu.be/N3P82mRbquc?t=3360

He also forgot what Princess Bride was called briefly, which was kinda funny.
I can definitely get behind a Spawn with throne. Makes sense considering the King Spawn comic.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:35 pm

I still really want a new classic Spawn.

And "throne"!? The throned Spawn with the "Alas, poor Yorick" skull pose is probably my favorite old McF staction figure ever. I'll HAPPILY take that with the new articulation & scale (though I still wish McF & NECA did 1/12).

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”