McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:11 pm

So I received that custom cape from that Takonyan Shopify store that was recommended a few pages back and I love this thing. It works perfectly on the MK11 Spawn. It’s a little larger than the 1/6th scale cape in terms of volume, but what I really like about it is how it blends in nicely with the armor and it has all these tattered looking edges that get swept up in layers. It really mimics Greg Capullo’s art quite nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:14 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:15 am
TheFallen wrote:Originality aside, if Rob’s characters were good enough we wouldn’t be discussing this in a Spawn line. I’d still love some Rob Liefeld characters as figures.

Changing the discussion a bit. Do you have any figures that you’re putting with the Spawn figures?

I’ve ordered Blight from the Batman Beyond wave. He looks like a necroplasm skeleton in a containment suit so I think it will work.
I saw one figure on a previous fwoosh weekly that seemed cool for a Spawn display, IMO.

League of Legends - Thresh

I really like that. I’m going to look in to it.
panther10

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 am

All this talk about Savage Dragon, WildC.A.T.S. and the Youngbloods has me reminiscing about that old multi part crossover “Shattered Image”. Does anyone else remember that story? I think it was written in the mid 90’s, right around the time the big comic book crash happened and all of the major comic companies at the time were in free fall. Image in particular was feeling the heat, and a lot of the writers and editors feared that all of their respective books wouldn’t even make it to issue #50, so they penned this COIE event level story where the image universe was coming undone at the seams and all the heroes had to team up to save it. But ironically, the story was horribly written and ended with a whimper, while the company ended up suffering little collateral damage after the crash.

ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:28 pm

I remember it, but it was pretty lackluster. Event books today usually feature top tier talent, but back then at Image you already had McFarlane/Capullo on Spawn, Jim Lee on various books as well as Keown, Liefeld, Silvestri, Brett Booth, Travis Charest etc. That "event" felt more like leftovers.

I do remember Todd doing a 10th Anniversary Wave in 2002. I hope it's not too much to ask to get something for the 30th. Could be amazing.

On a sidenote I might grab that cape one day Panther10, thanks for the pics! Also looking forward to more MegaFigs - one thing that's awesome about Marvel Legends are the BAFs and larger than life guys like Juggernaut, Hulk or even Colossus to a lesser extent. Will be nice to see some similarly HUGE dudes in this line next year.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:00 pm

It would be great if we get a 30th anniversary wave! Image has gotten a lot of amazing new characters since then so I hope new ones could be included and considered to be made.

Found a Redeemer and I cant believe how fun this figure is. Lacking thigh articulation and all. Love the Dr. Fate colors and the articulation is great. Details even better. Ordered some weapons for it that hopefully gets to me next week.

I think I cant resist buying into this line when I see them.
panther10

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 am

ditko wrote:I remember it, but it was pretty lackluster. Event books today usually feature top tier talent, but back then at Image you already had McFarlane/Capullo on Spawn, Jim Lee on various books as well as Keown, Liefeld, Silvestri, Brett Booth, Travis Charest etc. That "event" felt more like leftovers.

I do remember Todd doing a 10th Anniversary Wave in 2002. I hope it's not too much to ask to get something for the 30th. Could be amazing.

On a sidenote I might grab that cape one day Panther10, thanks for the pics! Also looking forward to more MegaFigs - one thing that's awesome about Marvel Legends are the BAFs and larger than life guys like Juggernaut, Hulk or even Colossus to a lesser extent. Will be nice to see some similarly HUGE dudes in this line next year.
Yeah the cape is really fun. And absolutely enormous in person. It’s over 2ft wide and about 22” long. It’s [email protected]#$ awesome.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm
Liefeld is the worst character McFarlane ever created.
TheFallen wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 pm
Neil Gaiman won him in the Angela lawsuit. I think Marvel own him now.

There was talk of Hasbro making him in Marvel Legends with rocks where his feet should be but after the issues with the leg less Cannonball that idea was dropped.

As much as I'm not loving a lot of things about these (& DC) products, super loose joints, super stuck joints, rubber crotch pieces that aren't going to last very long (and I prefer 1/12 scale, not...1/10?), not only would I buy every WildC.A.T.s figure made, but Gunslinger Spawn is probably tied for my favorite "New Todd" figure (with Eraserhead from MHA).

Even with me not being able to safely rotate the wrist balls because of his greaves (I'm gonna try to heat them up later to pop them off, I just didn't have time when I opened him last night).

He's amazing, I love him, and it kept looking like his eyes were glowing even in shadow last night, it was kinda freaking me out, haha.

(Ignore Old Todd Ghostface - my buddy gave him to me after "upgrading" to the Ultimate NECA - and I didn't wanna stick him directly into storage yet, haha.)
ditko
Thread Killer

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:52 pm

You're lucky to have found him! I have some minor mods planned to match Brett Booth's art so I will need a few and gonna have to wait for prices to fall. Also looking forward to the one with a mini gun.

I think it was mentioned before, but just saw a Liefeld tweet that Prophet has new stuff coming - totally forgot he remained with Rob. I would be happy with just him almost. Really want Diehard though. :/
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 pm

I saw Rob mention that on Facebook. If I could get get a Prophet figure that looked like the Stephen Platt art I would be extremely happy.

I just had a thought, all this talk about other Image characters that we would like to see made me realize we can actually see McFarlane tackle some. He has the DC license. We could see a Grifter, Midnighter and Apollo since they are somewhat current in the books.
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:33 am

TheFallen wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 pm
We could see a Grifter, Midnighter and Apollo since they are somewhat current in the books.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:37 am

I picked up these today. I’m going to give the necroplasm to MK Spawn and give Malefik the sword.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:36 am

Not a bad day today. No sooner as I posted the last pick up I got a notification that these were ready to be picked up from the Post Office.

My tracking shows that I should have Raven, Clown, Deluxe Mandarin and Blight before the weekend.

That’s now me done on this wave, bring on wave 2.
ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:10 pm

Stumbled upon Gunslinger Spawn last night :) :) :) Awesome figure. Need a couple more at some point. Probably will wait for the bug gun version whenever that drops.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:52 pm

Ive come across four Gunslingers at Targets in the last few days, they're definitely getting out there now.

I picked one up for myself, what a beautiful figure. Would be perfect if he could hold his guns a bit better, really a fine effort from McFarlane! I think im going for a Raven Spawn too..
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:54 pm

Saw three Gunslinger Spawn figures and some other Spawn mega figure yesterday. They look great.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”