McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
JordanRH
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am

JordanRH wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:11 am
TheFallen wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:39 am
I'm currently doing a reread of Spawn right from issue 1 and it got me thinking about early Image and how big it got so I thought I would do a non-Todd McFarlane Productions wishlist;

Savage Dragon - At one point Todd had a really good working arrangement with Erik Larsen and I think McFarlane would do an amazing Savage Dragon.

Aphrodite IX - As dated as that body is now it is such a shame we never got that Aphrodite in LCBH and it is a shame that she never really took off as a character. She has such a distinct look.

The Darkness - Witchblade can be mentioned as well as I'd love a figure of her too. I've still got the LCBH version and I dream about a newer version.

The Creech - As mentioned in this thread already a new Creech comic is meant to be coming so let's see a new Creech figure as well.

Chapel - One of the very few good characters Rob Liefeld has created outside of Marvel. But I think that is more to do with the connection to Al Simmons than anything Rob did with the character. The rights are all over the place but I think this is one that Todd should buy up so we can get a 4K release of the HBO series.

Prophet - As maligned as early image was I still get a kick out of seeing Stephen Platt's artwork on this series. It was high octane over the top excess and I still have a soft spot for this character. If the rumours are true, this is one that Rob still owns and is developing something with. I'd like Crypt to go along with it but that is another rights issue thing.

The Tenth - Another Hulk clone and I haven't read the series in decades but I did really like it at the time. Tony Daniel has become a much bigger star since those days and is working with Todd again but who knows if that character would still be viable as a figure these days.

Trencher - I think I am one of the only fans of this on the planet. I don't even think Keith Giffen is a fan of it anymore. But this would make a crazy looking figure

I would definitely like to see new Creech figures, the original comic wasn't good but some of the designs would make interesting figures e.g. the 90s over-designed mercenaries from issue 1 would look great! :lol:

I would also love to see Chapel and Prophet (90s version ofc) figures.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Huh. The Gamestop exclusive Mandarin Spawn has just shown up in stock at my local store. Neat. Todd's making it easier to buy his toys for international customers than Americans once again.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Found violator at target, $50 for this massive poseable piece of plastic seems like a steal. Especially when you realize todd blew the companies entire paint budget on this thing, sorry dc.

Some amazing poseability for his size

This thing ticks all the boxes, insanely detailed sculpt, amazing paint work, solid articulation, great range with most of it, and holds well and is super stable even holding an entire 7 inch figure one handed.

I feel like I'm back in the glory days of the spawn line again, this is going to break my toy budget.
JordanRH

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Overall that Violator figure does look impressive, despite my dislike of the chest sculpt.

I wonder if Todd will remake some of his in-house toy lines?
Imagine a new Total Chaos line, with giant Poacher and Hoof figures. That line had some crazy designs e.g. Blitz and Cornboy (that cyborg had nuke warheads strapped to his arms!) Al Simmons also made an appearance, however the version I had was a white guy. :lol:
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:34 am

JordanRH wrote:Overall that Violator figure does look impressive, despite my dislike of the chest sculpt.

I wonder if Todd will remake some of his in-house toy lines?
Imagine a new Total Chaos line, with giant Poacher and Hoof figures. That line had some crazy designs e.g. Blitz and Cornboy (that cyborg had nuke warheads strapped to his arms!) Al Simmons also made an appearance, however the version I had was a white guy. :lol:
I’m not sure if it was popular, but I would love an updated nitro riders series.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:13 pm

With a little bit of legwork, I finally got my "Tall Boy." A Gunslinger popped up on the app for in-store pick-up, so I took a chance. Store was about 45 minutes each way, but for me it was worth the drive. Wife was happy too because she found some new Disney Squishmallows while we were there.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 am

Not sure anyone here saw it before, but there was a listing for "Hoof" in Todd's Raw10 line a while back. So Total Chaos isn't off Todd's radar - maybe some of those make it into the SPAWN line?? I would love a modern Cornboy, Quartz and Al Simmons from that line really badly! Cornboy does look like a Creech merc - that's the type of thing I miss.

I would add Diehard to the lists above. I agree Chapel was better as a Spawn enemy and his rights are available if Todd wanted to license them. If Monolith gets made that kinda could satisfy the bulky armored enforcer niche Badrock was, but Prophet is pretty standalone. Would love him. I just want some paramilitary guys for this line - Total Chaos, Wetworks, Youngblood or something yet unseen in the new comic line.

A Deluxe Spawn set is rumored too????? Ooooo that was my list right up top :)
JordanRH

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:07 pm

ditko wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 am
Not sure anyone here saw it before, but there was a listing for "Hoof" in Todd's Raw10 line a while back. So Total Chaos isn't off Todd's radar - maybe some of those make it into the SPAWN line?? I would love a modern Cornboy, Quartz and Al Simmons from that line really badly! Cornboy does look like a Creech merc - that's the type of thing I miss.

I would add Diehard to the lists above. I agree Chapel was better as a Spawn enemy and his rights are available if Todd wanted to license them. If Monolith gets made that kinda could satisfy the bulky armored enforcer niche Badrock was, but Prophet is pretty standalone. Would love him. I just want some paramilitary guys for this line - Total Chaos, Wetworks, Youngblood or something yet unseen in the new comic line.

A Deluxe Spawn set is rumored too????? Ooooo that was my list right up top :)
Yeah, I remember it being mentioned that Hoof would make an appearance in the Raw10 line. I wonder if that line will continue? Tbh, it wasn't really my thing.

I loved the Total Chaos Al Simmons figure too, he could hold a flamethrower, knife, missile launcher and assault rifle all at the same time, a modern version would be fantastic! The Total Chaos line reminds me of Quake 3, I could totally imagine all these strange warriors battling it out in some type of space arena.

I am totally down for a deluxe Spawn set!
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Well, I do get lucky sometimes. Gunslinger found at Target today. There were two on the shelf now it's just one.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:33 am

Magnuz wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm
Found violator at target, $50 for this massive poseable piece of plastic seems like a steal. Especially when you realize todd blew the companies entire paint budget on this thing, sorry dc.
Warning! FRAT! :

Some amazing poseability for his size

This thing ticks all the boxes, insanely detailed sculpt, amazing paint work, solid articulation, great range with most of it, and holds well and is super stable even holding an entire 7 inch figure one handed.

I feel like I'm back in the glory days of the spawn line again, this is going to break my toy budget.
[/frat]

These pictures make Violator even more amazing. I didn’t realise he could be crunched up so much as he does, thanks for sharing these.

I don’t think there were many people saying this was the Violator they wanted, most want the skinny and lanky version, but nearly everything I have seen has been saying how impressive this figure is.

I just wish BBTS would hurry up and get them in.

I am expecting the next wave to be revealed next month with the first issue of Gunslinger Spawn. I’ve been seeing a few people find the Target exclusive Gunslinger and I am hoping the regular release is exactly the same but with the extra gun because he looks great.

It’s so crazy that 25 years later I am super excited about Spawn figures being released again. I’ve been wanting this for the last decade or more.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm

This is a prime example of "it doesn't have to slavishly adapt the source material if it can improve upon it."

This isn't the Violator I grew up with, but [email protected] if I don't prefer it!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 pm

TheFallen wrote:

Chapel - One of the very few good characters Rob Liefeld has created outside of Marvel.
How do you figure? Rob had created plenty of characters that were good, just not while he was writing them.

Prophet, Youngblood, Glory, and Supreme all had great runs once Rob was not involved.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Snagged a Gunslinger at a local Target that also had a couple Redeemers and Raven Spawns today.

This is one beautiful figure. Pictures do not do him justice.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 pm

supreme-d wrote:
TheFallen wrote:

Chapel - One of the very few good characters Rob Liefeld has created outside of Marvel.
How do you figure? Rob had created plenty of characters that were good, just not while he was writing them.

Prophet, Youngblood, Glory, and Supreme all had great runs once Rob was not involved.
“One of the very few”

I love Prophet, he was one of the characters I mentioned in that post but Glory and Supreme aren’t really original characters.

Glory = Wonder Woman
Supreme = Superman

I’m actually a fan of Rob Liefeld, I follow him on Facebook and I love 90s Image, including his less than original characters, but for someone who created enough characters for the Extreme/Awesome universe there is a lot of mediocre in there.

I’d definitely love to see a return of Supreme though. And a figure.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:31 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm
This is a prime example of "it doesn't have to slavishly adapt the source material if it can improve upon it."

This isn't the Violator I grew up with, but [email protected] if I don't prefer it!
Actually he turned bulky in #300 I think - so he is accurate to the source material! Gunslinger is also very damn accurate to his current appearances. Very curious what we get for Overtkill! I want Capullo Spawn but expect Barbieri. Barbieri is really good and his Spawn looks a lot like Capullo's, but Capullo is THE Spawn artist. Fingers crossed.

I like Liefeld too - it's a shame there aren't options for Youngblood figures. I hope Todd makes something paramilitant like them in his new Spawn's Universe and we get some cool figures.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”