McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys 7inch Spawn

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:30 am

I can’t wait to get the articulation breakdown on Violator. The old Capullo figure is still a beauty but had terribly weak joint implementation, just a few cut joints snd a ball for the chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:52 pm

Pics from Toyark.

No elbows and biceps on Violator for some reason, I wonder if they didn't have the time to cut them in yet or is there gonna be some weird overlay on them. For a beefy figure like him, I think they want to go with swivel elbows.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Isn't that actually a pin on his arm?
Can also see a bit of space around that elbow area here.
Looks like the arm is just turned inward.
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:53 pm

All of those accessories and Clown doesn't come with a chicken leg? You're slipping Todd.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Megazarak wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm
Isn't that actually a pin on his arm?
Can also see a bit of space around that elbow area here.
Looks like the arm is just turned inward.
Ah yeah. Great detective work.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:56 pm

ditko wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:18 am
Maybe that was what he was referring to, but I can't see a lot of interest or excitement there. Youngblood making its 20th comeback to IMAGE would be laughed at by some yes, but if it was part of this universe then I think it could really fly. I loved the Youngblood figures and designs, but the comics pretty much sucked except for some great pinup shots here and there along with slick designs. Having them handled well in a shared universe could be really friggin cool.
Youngblood was actually a great comic once Liefeld had nothing to do with it. Alan Moore soft rebooted them in the late 90’s. Last time I’ve seen those characters used was in the reboots of several Image characters around 2012. Glory, Supreme, and Prophet all got comics that were unlike anything else written for the characters prior to that. Great books. I would be very excited if they brought back Supreme.

In other Liefeld news, he just abandoned some Archie comic project he agreed to do before the first issue was even finished. Between that and Spawn being number one, I have a bad feeling about the comic industry right now. Seems like history is repeating itself.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 pm

I always enjoyed Cyber Force as a team. Comics weren’t the best but they were some great characters.

Wouldn’t mind if Todd did an Image side line mixed in with the Spawn stuff.

Ripclaw (done before but long ago)
Stryker (same)
Velocity (new)
Cyblade (new)
Heatwave (new)
Aphrodite V (joined briefly)(new)

I’d be in for a Supreme figure as well though I’d hate to support Liefeld in anyway.

Always wanted Big Bang Comics characters done as figures. It’ll never happen but would be awesome.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 am

Silvestri is part of this. I wonder how it all breaks down, this is the most excited I have been about comics in forever. Comics haven't been doing well, not the Big 2 anyhow, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Todd wants new characters, not connected to Spawn to be centerpieces. It will be a new option for us who like comics likely bring forth some more great figures. Huge geek out for me. I wonder if Silvestri brings some of his characters or synthesizes new ones. I hope we get more than covers from him.

I forgot if I mentioned it before, but this Steven Segovia has a wicked cool design for Medieval Spawn. Very impressive, we better see that figure one day.
crackhead9000
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:53 am

The Gamestop Mandarin Spawn shipped today. I enjoyed the standard release, and I'm hoping that the new version's paint skews more closely to the original Mandarin Spawn.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:37 am

Has it been announced that Top Cow are involved or is that just wishlist talking?
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:37 am
Has it been announced that Top Cow are involved or is that just wishlist talking?
I think Marc Silvestri was listed as someone contributing covers, IIRC. No mention of further involvement or Top Cow characters being included. That said, I'd be all over some Cyberforce figures. They'd be right up Todd's alley.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:10 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:56 pm
ditko wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:18 am
Maybe that was what he was referring to, but I can't see a lot of interest or excitement there. Youngblood making its 20th comeback to IMAGE would be laughed at by some yes, but if it was part of this universe then I think it could really fly. I loved the Youngblood figures and designs, but the comics pretty much sucked except for some great pinup shots here and there along with slick designs. Having them handled well in a shared universe could be really friggin cool.
Youngblood was actually a great comic once Liefeld had nothing to do with it. Alan Moore soft rebooted them in the late 90’s. Last time I’ve seen those characters used was in the reboots of several Image characters around 2012. Glory, Supreme, and Prophet all got comics that were unlike anything else written for the characters prior to that. Great books. I would be very excited if they brought back Supreme.

In other Liefeld news, he just abandoned some Archie comic project he agreed to do before the first issue was even finished. Between that and Spawn being number one, I have a bad feeling about the comic industry right now. Seems like history is repeating itself.
I never read the Supreme reboot, but dude holt crap Prophet and Glory reboots were fantastic! Some of the most enjoyable indie books I had read in quite a while!

And yeah, I agree with you, comic industry is in big trouble.. The pandemic might have been the nail in the coffin unfortunately.
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 pm

I don't know. I think fans just departed the Big 2. Kids like comics, just not the Western shit that's peddled out. I think Todd saw an opportunity. Spawn's Universe #1 is at 200K now. So there's interest and fans who like classic comic stuff will enjoy it. I think the NEW characters and such won't even show up until 2022 or 2023 let alone take center stage. This is just a setup, but very stoked for Segovia and Cheung. The main Spawn book itself is fun too. I think Capullo himself is on King Spawn. He's 100% doing Spawn, it's been on his Instagram a while.

Silvestri better be doing his thing! Covers are cool, but I always thought Top Cow was really solid. It would be nice to see it situated in a universe with monthly releases, media and action figures.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 pm

ditko wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 pm
I don't know. I think fans just departed the Big 2. Kids like comics, just not the Western shit that's peddled out. I think Todd saw an opportunity. Spawn's Universe #1 is at 200K now. So there's interest and fans who like classic comic stuff will enjoy it. I think the NEW characters and such won't even show up until 2022 or 2023 let alone take center stage. This is just a setup, but very stoked for Segovia and Cheung. The main Spawn book itself is fun too. I think Capullo himself is on King Spawn. He's 100% doing Spawn, it's been on his Instagram a while.

Silvestri better be doing his thing! Covers are cool, but I always thought Top Cow was really solid. It would be nice to see it situated in a universe with monthly releases, media and action figures.
Honestly, I didn't even think kids were into comics at all these days. Maybe a little manga here and there, but that's it from my experience. I cant get my kid to read any comics, which is a bummer - but just is what it is.

I hope that what Todd is doing brings a little life and interest to the medium though, I definitely needs it!
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:25 pm

"maybe a little manga" lol manga is a HUGE deal right now. kids/people love comics, but marvel/dc have been consistently failing to properly capitalize on it for like... 20 years now.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”