The NECA Predator Thread

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The NECA Predator Thread

Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:37 am

seditionary wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:58 am
Has Randy commented anything about the Prey trailer?

Disney ownership has apparently slowed things but I wonder if this is something they’d want Neca to push out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Randy did say in, I think Pixel Dan's video, that they're doing Prey figures, though they won't be able to show anything till September or so.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:54 am

Also of note, I've noticed a couple/few of the Predator re-release have improved/changed paint apps and face printing. Most noticeably Ult. Ahab, and Ult. Stalker pred.

Stalker's got much cleaner paint on the head, the designs on the head, striping, and back splotch are all much nicer looking than the release that hit initially.

Ahab seems to have a total color workover. The new version has a ton more brown coloring, more natural scar paint (the eye and the forehead) and the eye paint is much better. Here's some pics of the one I picked up:

No flash, harder to see the printing 'dots' here.
Homer Badman
Super Poseable

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 am

Could they sneak an articulated bear into the Prey line?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm

If they wanted to, sure. Is the movie good, BTW?
Homer Badman
Super Poseable

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:43 pm

citysushi wrote:
It's an absolutely delightful movie. I was hyped for it, and it still exceeded my expectations. The action scenes are satisfying (& gory :twisted: ) and Amber Midthunder as the lead actress is endearing af. I only wish I could've seen it in a big booming theater.

Can't wait to show it to my folks this weekend. My Pops was real big on Apocalypto back in the day; I just know he'd get a big kick out of this even though he's never seen Predator before.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 pm

citysushi wrote:
Yes. I only enjoyed the first two, but this is up there with the original.

I did not have high expectations short of Cool Concept.

It exceeded and hit the mark several times in a row. As a big screen devotee, the worst I can say is I couldn't see this at my local. It's stellar.

We need the lead as much as we ever needed a Dutch or Sarah Conner. The duo would be amazing.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

The NECA Predator Thread

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:27 am

Dang, i loved prey. Id love to pick up the main character and her brother. I don’t collect predators but this one was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 am

Stumbled on a refreshed Scout Predator today. Picked it up cause I had a sneaking suspicion that he got updated as well, aaand yes. Yes he did.

The unmasked head does have face printing, though more importantly they altered the plastic used on the figure. The original had that translucentish kind poking through splotches in the paint which was neat and all, but this new paint job is way more uniform and looks nicer (to me). Also the pattern on the forehead is WAY cleaner and nicer looking.

The body itself does have a lot of paint app changes too. He's more "black" overall on the armor than before. A lot of the weapons have a shinier champagne type coloring, and the markings on the body are cleaned up and tighter. Once again that translucent type plastic before is gone, so he's not as glossy. But of note is they actually included the clip on the back of the figure to hold the combi stick. The first version just had the hole but no clamp. He's also got a skull necklace that the first version was lacking (but is in the press photos).

So now we have Stalker and Scout preds with improved (to me) paint apps. Wonder if we'll get Armored Lost and Guardian at some point, if not already.

Oh, Stalker comparisons since I forgot about that (new on the right):
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Wow, very nice improvements.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Where the heck is the Feral Predator...?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:Where the heck is the Feral Predator...?
That's what I'd like to know. I guess they took a wait-and-see attitude after putting so much energy into The Predator from 2018, but they must be feeling like they're missing an opportunity here, while fans are pretty universally happy with this movie (aside from the toxic ones).

I also really want Naru.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:28 pm

At Power Con, Randy said they had the Prey stuff pretty much ready to go & they'd be revealing it very soon. I'm surprised we haven't seen it yet. Maybe holding back for NYCC?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:56 pm

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:At Power Con, Randy said they had the Prey stuff pretty much ready to go & they'd be revealing it very soon. I'm surprised we haven't seen it yet. Maybe holding back for NYCC?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Let's hope, since that's the next event coming, and we're all starting to foam at the mouth.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”