mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's humidity. UV, sure, but mine never saw a ray of sunshine.
Mr_Saver
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:21 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Mr_Saver wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:23 am
Mezco Batman turning pink? Is that a common problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dear Pentfwoosh Forums,

I never thought it would happen to me, but...

I've seen it often in Mezco/ 1:12 soft goods forums. It's the regular Sovereign Batman. I used to scoff at people taking poor care of their soft goods.

People say keep them away from sunlight, but it happened to mine after two years of never being exposed to sun, extreme temps, extreme humidity, etc. I picked it up to dust noticed it was pinkening. It looked like grey sheer fabric stretched over a pink figure. It got worse over time, so I just dyed it.

Having spoken to some local (Toronto) Mezco collectors/customizers, it seems to be luck of the draw, and the extremity of the color change varies.

No problems with Supreme grey.

Google turned this up. He says Brown, but it's the same effect.

Oh wow, that’s pretty bad. I sold most of my mezco a few years ago when I got frustrated with the line, but glad I never had this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:26 pm

When the pink skull set went up for sale did it mention when they would ship?
mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:45 pm

Blackestday wrote:
7-10 days on my order notification
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:08 pm

mimosa77 wrote:
Blackestday wrote:
Yeah that info is on all the order emails. I deleted the now available email when they went up. Didn’t know if that one mentioned a date or if it was a con exclusive type release.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 pm

I've heard second-hand that some people are seeing movement in their FedEx accounts but I haven't seen anything in mine. I'm sure the 4th of July isn't helping things move quicker. Maybe next week we'll see more.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 pm

Blackestday wrote:
mimosa77 wrote:
Blackestday wrote:
Yeah that info is on all the order emails. I deleted the now available email when they went up. Didn’t know if that one mentioned a date or if it was a con exclusive type release.
They say 7-10. Isn't always true.

No set date, but you'll receive a notice when it does ship. All I can tell you as an experienced Mezcoer is Buy It Now (which this was) usually means it's out within several weeks. There was a good run in early Covid where things shipped the next day or so, but that ship has sailed.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:10 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 pm
Blackestday wrote:
mimosa77 wrote:

They say 7-10. Isn't always true.

No set date, but you'll receive a notice when it does ship. All I can tell you as an experienced Mezcoer is Buy It Now (which this was) usually means it's out within several weeks. There was a good run in early Covid where things shipped the next day or so, but that ship has sailed.
a friend found the original email in his deleted stuff. i clear mine every few days. there was nothing special about the sale. i thought i read somewhere it shipped around sdcc time but guess not.

hopefully they ship from NY. i always feel dirty or used when handling the shipping box when they arrive from washington.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 am

No doubt. Washington outsource is trash for handling.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:23 pm

oh boy oh boy...business day 10. they should be on their way....

eh...i was just checking my order status. they're not even listed in the now shipping section. wolverine is though.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:55 am

Classic Mezco.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:16 pm

We might have a Nemo situation on our hands. That was listed as "In Stock" and it took Mezco months to fulfill the orders.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:50 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
We might have a Nemo situation on our hands. That was listed as "In Stock" and it took Mezco months to fulfill the orders.
who knows....they probably needed the funds right away to get the wolverine figures through a port. they can't be taking in too much cash if they aren't shipping items. maybe they will offer a dock worker gomez pre order to use the NRD's to get the pink skulls moving.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:24 pm

Blackestday wrote:
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
who knows....they probably needed the funds right away to get the wolverine figures through a port. they can't be taking in too much cash if they aren't shipping items. maybe they will offer a dock worker gomez pre order to use the NRD's to get the pink skulls moving.
Who knows. I've long thought Mezco operates within a "rob Peter to pay Paul" business model. They go from looking like they're flush with cash and offering robust toy lines to consumers to looking like they might not be able to keep the lights on.

I would truly love to be a fly on the wall at their office for a week. I imagine it is pure pandemonium.
Grins
CROM!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:08 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:24 pm
Spoiler! :
Blackestday wrote:
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Who knows. I've long thought Mezco operates within a "rob Peter to pay Paul" business model. They go from looking like they're flush with cash and offering robust toy lines to consumers to looking like they might not be able to keep the lights on.

I would truly love to be a fly on the wall at their office for a week. I imagine it is pure pandemonium.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets this vibe. I'm probably way off, as I know nothing about how to run a business. I just picture every room being a high-stress, tension-filled, situation room.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”