mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:23 am

I have a Mezco-adjacent question for you fine fellas; Are there any Mezco-like, but lower-priced figures out there in the fantasy/history style? The only one I know about is Palm Empire, although I've never seen one next to a Mezco figure. I'd really like a few generic medieval or barbarian warriors to fight my Conan, but not for the price of a whole new Mezco Conan PLUS an accessory kit. But I'd like it to be something that looks right with Conan and maybe can swap around some gear/weapons. Long shot, but I figured it was worth asking.

And did I pre-order the new Conan? I did. Because I'm a pathetic hypocrite that loves Conan so, so much. Maybe I'll get lucky and my new one will accidentally come with two right gripping hands.
piggyv01
CROM!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:30 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:47 am
piggyv01 wrote:Will this Conan make it to BBTS?
Not without a big mark-up. It's listed as a Mezco exclusive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Even with their mark-up, it tends to work out cheaper for me.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:07 am

KnightDamien wrote:I have a Mezco-adjacent question for you fine fellas; Are there any Mezco-like, but lower-priced figures out there in the fantasy/history style? The only one I know about is Palm Empire, although I've never seen one next to a Mezco figure. I'd really like a few generic medieval or barbarian warriors to fight my Conan, but not for the price of a whole new Mezco Conan PLUS an accessory kit. But I'd like it to be something that looks right with Conan and maybe can swap around some gear/weapons. Long shot, but I figured it was worth asking.

And did I pre-order the new Conan? I did. Because I'm a pathetic hypocrite that loves Conan so, so much. Maybe I'll get lucky and my new one will accidentally come with two right gripping hands.
I don't really have an answer, but I do have a similar question. I ordered the build up pack but only one Conan and now I'm thinking if there are any 3rd party bodies, maybe some TB League or something like that where I could use the heads and accessories.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:10 am

KnightDamien wrote:
I have a Mezco-adjacent question for you fine fellas; Are there any Mezco-like, but lower-priced figures out there in the fantasy/history style? The only one I know about is Palm Empire, although I've never seen one next to a Mezco figure. I'd really like a few generic medieval or barbarian warriors to fight my Conan, but not for the price of a whole new Mezco Conan PLUS an accessory kit. But I'd like it to be something that looks right with Conan and maybe can swap around some gear/weapons. Long shot, but I figured it was worth asking.

We all talk a big game until they show something we love. :lol:

I think Mezco's business practices are generally borderline deplorable, but if they offered a Zagreus figure, I'd be on it tomorrow.
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:22 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:07 am
KnightDamien wrote:I have a Mezco-adjacent question for you fine fellas...
I don't really have an answer, but I do have a similar question.
:?:
Similar? Don't you mean damn near identical? :lol:
Totally unrelated, if anyone has an idea for affordable, generic barbarian bodies to go with those snazzy heads and all that barbaric kit I'd appreciate a heads-up.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:43 am

Just from kitbashing Mezcos, I would say a good starting point is Mix Max bodies. I want to say it's VCToysBox.

They're sized for Mezco. They handle part swapping and standing on their own just fine. There's a strong and slim type, and the muscles are more pronounced even under fabric if you're into that.

You can kitbash Mezco parts onto them with basic heat work. The proportions are also better than Mezco, to my tastes.

You can also grab cheap KO Mezcos for the same purpose.

I haven't picked up the Gladiator figures, but I like their look and they might be an easy armor and accessory route since they sell packs.

I wouldn't sleep on that Conan expansion set, either. If anything they always spike up.
danasty
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:04 pm

KnightDamien wrote:

The Four Horsemen still have some $25 Mythic Legions: Skeleton and Goblin legions for sale on their site.

https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com/collections/all
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm

KnightDamien wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4MBRv8sa50&t=1250s

At the 20:00 minute mark this guy has some size comparisons for the Xesray Gladiator figures. I'm really in the same boat as you regarding Conan combatants. Mezco's accessory pack seems grossly overpriced when you consider all the extra Conan's you'd have to buy to make it work (or at least as seen in the promo shots). I might just decide to find a suitable monster instead. That seems quite a bit more workable.

Here's another size comparison at 13:00 minutes by D Amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTExw1oOKU as well.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:13 am

TheSameIdiot wrote: We all talk a big game until they show something we love. :lol:
:lol: Pretty much. And to further shame myself, I also pre-ordered The Crow at BBTS. I look at that one a lot and I just finally decided that when it finally sells out, I'll be angry at myself for missing it since that movie was so important to me as a teenager, and I kind of regret selling my McFarlane one (and I think the Diamond Select one looks like 14 pounds of ass in a 6 pound bag).

No wonder Mezco doesn't respect me as a customer. I don't even respect myself.

TheSameIdiot wrote: I think Mezco's business practices are generally borderline deplorable, but if they offered a Zagreus figure, I'd be on it tomorrow.
Zagreus from the Hades video game? Is there like.. any chance of that? I don't follow Mez very closely - do they do many video game figures? Because... I would NEED a figure of Zagreus. There's a Good Smile Nendoroid or something coming out but.. meh. Not really my thing.

MollyMillions wrote: Just from kitbashing Mezcos, I would say a good starting point is Mix Max bodies. I want to say it's VCToysBox.

They're sized for Mezco. They handle part swapping and standing on their own just fine. There's a strong and slim type, and the muscles are more pronounced even under fabric if you're into that.

You can kitbash Mezco parts onto them with basic heat work. The proportions are also better than Mezco, to my tastes.

You can also grab cheap KO Mezcos for the same purpose.

I haven't picked up the Gladiator figures, but I like their look and they might be an easy armor and accessory route since they sell packs.

I wouldn't sleep on that Conan expansion set, either. If anything they always spike up.
Thanks!
Good call on KOs.
The VCToys and DAMToys nude bodies look really good too. Ideally, I want to find finished figures with faces, since I don't want to paint and I didn't order the accessory pack for Conan with the alt. non-Conan heads. But, on the other hand, some good face-obscuring 1:12 helmet and I guess it doesn't matter as much. Hm.

danasty wrote: The Four Horsemen still have some $25 Mythic Legions: Skeleton and Goblin legions for sale on their site.
They do. Thanks. But I absolutely despise the Horsemen stuff.

Joda wrote: At the 20:00 minute mark this guy has some size comparisons for the Xesray Gladiator figures. I'm really in the same boat as you regarding Conan combatants. Mezco's accessory pack seems grossly overpriced when you consider all the extra Conan's you'd have to buy to make it work (or at least as seen in the promo shots). I might just decide to find a suitable monster instead. That seems quite a bit more workable.
Thanks for the video markers. I wish I could afford the Xesray stuff but goddamn.. they're almost as much as Mezco figures. But if the legends are true and Xes is about to start working on some ancient Celts... I won't be able to say no to that. Especially to fill in a Conan display, as I actually think that would go way better than Gladiators/Romans. Good to know they'll scale well if/when those come out.

And I totally agree about the accessory pack. It's got some fun stuff in it and I'm sure it's not cheap to produce -- that tunic alone would cost 40 bucks from a third party fabric accessory dealer like GPSlot or something. But still.. eh. Unless I want to convert one of my Conan figures, it's basically just some extra weapons and gear. I'm simply not interested in turning my 200 dollar+ Conan figure (CAD) into a random mook.

Maybe I should do that NECA King Kong?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 am

I didn't buy the pack for Conan, I bought it to customize other figures.

My bag lately is fantasy figures and loose approximations of my DnD career, and that kit is pretty cool for that. Plus I'll just reverse engineer the cloak and coat for my own sewing.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:42 am

KnightDamien wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote: I think Mezco's business practices are generally borderline deplorable, but if they offered a Zagreus figure, I'd be on it tomorrow.
Zagreus from the Hades video game? Is there like.. any chance of that? I don't follow Mez very closely - do they do many video game figures? Because... I would NEED a figure of Zagreus. There's a Good Smile Nendoroid or something coming out but.. meh. Not really my thing.

Highly unlikely, just an example. Like NECA, Mezco seems stuck in a certain era. If they've done any video game figures, I'm not aware of them.

Good Smile has the Zagreus Nendoroid and an unarticulated figure coming. They could show a figma down the line. I think they might, the Zagreus Nendoroid is selling very well on AmiAmi.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Maybe I should do that NECA King Kong?
I thought of that, but I hate NECA. :lol: I was eyeing the Mezco Kong though, and I always wondered if we'd ever get this head: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/mas_assets/ca ... 0-8024.Jpg *crosses fingers*
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:55 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:42 am
KnightDamien wrote:

Highly unlikely, just an example. Like NECA, Mezco seems stuck in a certain era. If they've done any video game figures, I'm not aware of them.

Good Smile has the Zagreus Nendoroid and an unarticulated figure coming. They could show a figma down the line. I think they might, the Zagreus Nendoroid is selling very well on AmiAmi.
Yea, there is a 0% chance of a Zagreus from Mezco. They make what the CEO wants to make, similar to NECA as mentioned earlier, and I doubt the CEO is even heard of Hades.

The Silent Hill figure has nods to the movie and is horror, so that’s likely why we are getting that one. I wouldn’t expect much, if any, more video game figures.
The Chrisbot
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:36 am

I snagged a Mezco MOSSQUATCH from my local toyshop's swapmeet the other day. Only 60 bucks. Pretty effin' cool.

Now I need a Mezco Hazard Squad Gomez to go with the extra hunter accessories that the MOSSQUATCH comes with (gun, net, rope, carrybag).

***EDIT***

Yikes at the prices for a Hazard Squad Gomez! Nevermind. I'll just have some other figure use that stuff. >_>

300 hundred dollars mang, c'mon.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:33 pm

Welcome to Gomez and the Rumble Society!

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”