mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Samalas
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 am

Threash wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 am
Grins wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 am
Threash wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:55 am
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front?
Except for Kickstarter (which is weird, I know) I don't trust anyone enough to give them a fistful of my money without a definite product on its way.
I should feel exactly the same after Nippon Yasan stole 700 dollars from me, but here i am throwing money at everyone who shows me a pretty action figure.
I'm not alone at least lol. I'm out about $250 after they just ghosted everyone.

I don't mind with Four Horsemen Studios and Mythic/Cosmic Legions. They've done more than enough to gain my trust, and I love their products.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:01 am

Darthgaar wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 am
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:12 pm
FOMO hit me hard, I'm not even much of a Conan fan, but I love the way the previous one looks so I jumped in and pre-ordered. What exactly are the differences between this one and the original version?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's easier to list the few things they have in common. As far as I can tell, Same basic body, the same regular head sculpt now with blue eyes instead of brown, the same bracer now in black and arm ring now in silver, the same sets of hands, the same basic loincloth, the same necklace in different colors, the same shield but now in bronze color.
Everything else is different.

The best items from the first release I wish this came with are the angry gritted teeth head, the "chainmail" groin armor, and the straight sword with sheath.

But we do get a lot of new goodies with this second release. Love the wind swept hair pursed lips scowling head, new boots, Skull belt, falchion, and black cloak. I'm also hoping they made improvements to the cloaks.
I had to double-check, but the eyes are blue on the first release as well. I definitely like the whole package here a bit more, but then I was never a big fan of the chainmail piece, and I love all three heads here. It's like an action figure version of their Static-6 statue (which I've fallen completely in love with)... :P
Darthgaar
Customized

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am

Joda wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:01 am
Darthgaar wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 am
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:12 pm
FOMO hit me hard, I'm not even much of a Conan fan, but I love the way the previous one looks so I jumped in and pre-ordered. What exactly are the differences between this one and the original version?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's easier to list the few things they have in common. As far as I can tell, Same basic body, the same regular head sculpt now with blue eyes instead of brown, the same bracer now in black and arm ring now in silver, the same sets of hands, the same basic loincloth, the same necklace in different colors, the same shield but now in bronze color.
Everything else is different.

The best items from the first release I wish this came with are the angry gritted teeth head, the "chainmail" groin armor, and the straight sword with sheath.

But we do get a lot of new goodies with this second release. Love the wind swept hair pursed lips scowling head, new boots, Skull belt, falchion, and black cloak. I'm also hoping they made improvements to the cloaks.
I had to double-check, but the eyes are blue on the first release as well. I definitely like the whole package here a bit more, but then I was never a big fan of the chainmail piece, and I love all three heads here. It's like an action figure version of their Static-6 statue (which I've fallen completely in love with)... :P
You're right, I found an in hand image that shows them as blue. They look brighter on this release's promo pics, that could be due to lighting.
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:52 am

Threash wrote:
Grins wrote:
Threash wrote:
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front?
Except for Kickstarter (which is weird, I know) I don't trust anyone enough to give them a fistful of my money without a definite product on its way.
I should feel exactly the same after Nippon Yasan stole 700 dollars from me, but here i am throwing money at everyone who shows me a pretty action figure.
What happened with Nippon Yasan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samalas
Super Poseable

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:31 am

Mahtion wrote:
Threash wrote:
Grins wrote:

When covid first hit they shut down all shipping, which wasn't really that abnormal, most overseas shipping did. However when shipping resumed they didn't pick back up at all. Even prior to Covid their rep had started to go down, but at this point they were ignoring all communication, not shipping anything, and refusing all refunds. About a month ago they just up and vanished. Everyone that had orders placed with them, myself included, are just shit outta luck.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:40 pm

I dunno if I'm delusional, but the new heads got me. I wasn't crazy about the head-sculpt on the first one... looked like an old man to me. (No offense to any old men on the boards.)
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:28 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:40 am
Threash wrote:
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front? surprise charges months down the line when I've completely forgotten what I bought are worse.
I like it, when I can afford it. But nearly every line I collect likes to do surprise drops these days so I can’t tie up hundreds of dollars on product coming out a year from now or else I’m screwed for the “blink and you’ll miss out surprises.”

This week alone has been a Mythic Legions in-stock sale on not a lot of prior notice and then four different Mezco exclusives.

If I paid upfront for Mezco this week, it would be close to $300 or $400, so id be screwed if NECA or someone else did a random in-stock drop. I wish Mezco would space this shit out.
I'm in the same boat this week. Too many preorders and surprise drops have drained the bank! In fact I had to skip Conan. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope a King Conan variant is coming in the future. I did grab that booster kit though. I couldn't pass that up.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm

I was just looking through the One:12 listings on Mezco for something and noticed the Reeves Superman is available to purchase right now and it says it's in stock.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Samalas wrote:
Mahtion wrote:
Threash wrote:

When covid first hit they shut down all shipping, which wasn't really that abnormal, most overseas shipping did. However when shipping resumed they didn't pick back up at all. Even prior to Covid their rep had started to go down, but at this point they were ignoring all communication, not shipping anything, and refusing all refunds. About a month ago they just up and vanished. Everyone that had orders placed with them, myself included, are just shit outta luck.
Contact your credit card company
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 pm

Well adding the cloak to Nemo helped me to get over some of my posing woes. While I don’t necessarily like covering him up it really gives him a cool presence on the shelf.

I also added a skull and Palisades Ghost of Mr Arrow seaweed to Baron Bends to give him an undead nemesis. Really makes me hope that dive suit from the guide becomes a reality.

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:40 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm
I was just looking through the One:12 listings on Mezco for something and noticed the Reeves Superman is available to purchase right now and it says it's in stock.
Yeah, he popped back up around Christmas when I was doing the same. Wonder if they found a wayward case like the Skulls.
piggyv01
CROM!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 pm

Anyone else's Nemo STILL processing?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:00 am

Blackestday wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:18 pm
Samalas wrote:
Mahtion wrote:

Contact your credit card company
My purchases were from dec 2019 and made through paypal, not using my bank, so I was 100% screwed.
piggyv01
CROM!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:34 am

Will this Conan make it to BBTS?
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:47 am

piggyv01 wrote:Will this Conan make it to BBTS?
Not without a big mark-up. It's listed as a Mezco exclusive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”