mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:57 pm

Grins wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:51 pm
TFitz wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 pm
p.s. Nice to know they still haven't fixed their [email protected]#$ website failing on the credit card on file. FFS
Is that what that was all about? I thought I was going crazy. Nice to know that I wasn't the only one throwing hands at an imaginary Mezco rep.
Delete your card.

Re-enter your card.

Their back end doesn't actually hold the data longer than three or four days. Once I got in the habit of just rinsing the card data every drop, I've never had a problem.

Until today.

Because I forgot to do that.
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:12 pm

FOMO hit me hard, I'm not even much of a Conan fan, but I love the way the previous one looks so I jumped in and pre-ordered. What exactly are the differences between this one and the original version?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:38 pm

I have their first one but it's such a great figure that I couldn't pass up the new one.
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
FOMO hit me hard, I'm not even much of a Conan fan, but I love the way the previous one looks so I jumped in and pre-ordered. What exactly are the differences between this one and the original version?

The boots, head sculpts, and accessories are different.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:32 am

Someone should ask Mezco if they're going to use this opportunity of basically re-running the Conan base figure to produce a bunch of extra gripping hands to send out to all the people that got [email protected]#$ over with their FIRST Conan figure.
Darthgaar
Customized

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:20 am

I didn't want to miss out like I did on the first one so I got my pre-order in.
I haven't bought directly from Mezco before, do they charge the full cost right now or just the NRD?
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 am

Darthgaar wrote:
I haven't bought directly from Mezco before, do they charge the full cost right now or just the NRD?
With PayPal you have to pay full price upfront. With a credit or debit card you pay only the NRD until it ships.
Darthgaar
Customized

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:46 am

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 am
Darthgaar wrote:
With PayPal you have to pay full price upfront. With a credit or debit card you pay only the NRD until it ships.
Good to hear, I almost checked out with Payal, instead went with debit through Mezco.
I looked and didn't see any info on their website about pre-order charges, maybe I missed something.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:55 am

Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front? surprise charges months down the line when I've completely forgotten what I bought are worse.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:17 am

Nope, I pay up front and the wait for things to randomly show up. So much less stress that way.
piggyv01
CROM!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:31 am

US$53 in shipping and tax to get the booster kit to Australia! They haaaaaate their international fans.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:40 am

Threash wrote:
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front? surprise charges months down the line when I've completely forgotten what I bought are worse.
I like it, when I can afford it. But nearly every line I collect likes to do surprise drops these days so I can’t tie up hundreds of dollars on product coming out a year from now or else I’m screwed for the “blink and you’ll miss out surprises.”

This week alone has been a Mythic Legions in-stock sale on not a lot of prior notice and then four different Mezco exclusives.

If I paid upfront for Mezco this week, it would be close to $300 or $400, so id be screwed if NECA or someone else did a random in-stock drop. I wish Mezco would space this shit out.
Samalas
Super Poseable

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:00 am

I'm very new to Mezco, is this preorder open for XX hours, or open until sold out? I know their items usually go very fast, surprised to see it still up when I got home today.
Darthgaar
Customized

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:

It's easier to list the few things they have in common. As far as I can tell, Same basic body, the same regular head sculpt now with blue eyes instead of brown (thanks for the correction Joda!), the same bracer now in black and arm ring now in silver, the same sets of hands, the same basic loincloth, the same necklace in different colors, the same shield but now in bronze color.
Everything else is different.

The best items from the first release I wish this came with are the angry gritted teeth head, the "chainmail" groin armor, and the straight sword with sheath.

But we do get a lot of new goodies with this second release. Love the wind swept hair pursed lips scowling head, new boots, Skull belt, falchion, and black cloak. I'm also hoping they made improvements to the cloaks.
Grins
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 am

Threash wrote:
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front?
Except for Kickstarter (which is weird, I know) I don't trust anyone enough to give them a fistful of my money without a definite product on its way.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 am

Grins wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 am
Threash wrote:
Am I the only one who likes fully paying up front?
Except for Kickstarter (which is weird, I know) I don't trust anyone enough to give them a fistful of my money without a definite product on its way.
I should feel exactly the same after Nippon Yasan stole 700 dollars from me, but here i am throwing money at everyone who shows me a pretty action figure.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”