mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:11 pm

On the waitlist front, my PSCC did convert months after release, but I believe that was because there was a lost shipment they recovered in April of 2020.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Damn, Mezco must have been in a hurry to ship these out.

Shipping box is just barely big enough to hold the Casino Gomez box, and my shipping box had no tape on it whatsoever — it just closes via a small flap, which was open when the FedEx guy dropped it off, but no tape ensuring the flap stays sealed.

Odd choice, so I guess just a heads up if yours is going a considerable distance.
yorick_skirata
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm

Roufuss wrote:Damn, Mezco must have been in a hurry to ship these out.

Shipping box is just barely big enough to hold the Casino Gomez box, and my shipping box had no tape on it whatsoever — it just closes via a small flap, which was open when the FedEx guy dropped it off, but no tape ensuring the flap stays sealed.

Odd choice, so I guess just a heads up if yours is going a considerable distance.
I really hope this is the exception.

I have 2 preorders with them and one of the things that really drives my anxiety through the roof is the idea of my figure or the art box being dirt or damaged from any mishandling (regular small marks and dents on the box don’t bother me).

I usually only buy on stores that are known for their good packaging, or I email a store before buying to insure it will be careful packed.

I didn’t do it with Mezco because, being the manufacturer, I assumed it would be a good packaging.

And before anyone say I should care, it is really an anxiety thing. I have no control over it.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 am

Usually Mezco goes above and beyond for packaging too. Thick black bubble wrap, everything is usually double boxed — shipper box inside of another box. This is definitely the exception, I wonder if part of it is just shipping them directly out of WA when they hit the port instead of their HQ.

Actually, I checked out the box again, looks like this was shipped c/o Regal Logistics so I assume that’s the reason. Not real thrilled with how it was shipped given the price, luckily it didn’t go far as I’m in OR.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 am

They've had some other handlers for shipping since the pandemic.

A few of my orders have been in different boxes, no Mezco tape, no inserts, no Mez It. Less packing on some of those.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 am

Edit, double post.
superdoug
CROM!
Location: Beware the three legged mongoose!
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:31 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:41 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 am
They've had some other handlers for shipping since the pandemic.

A few of my orders have been in different boxes, no Mezco tape, no inserts, no Mez It. Less packing on some of those.
One of mine had a rusted old nail in the box instead of the Mez It and no bubble wrap. Figure was okay but the package was a little dinged up.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Call us 555-2568 We’re ready to believe you
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:53 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 am
Usually Mezco goes above and beyond for packaging too. Thick black bubble wrap, everything is usually double boxed — shipper box inside of another box. This is definitely the exception, I wonder if part of it is just shipping them directly out of WA when they hit the port instead of their HQ.

Actually, I checked out the box again, looks like this was shipped c/o Regal Logistics so I assume that’s the reason. Not real thrilled with how it was shipped given the price, luckily it didn’t go far as I’m in OR.
they have been using that crap 3rd party shipping service for a while now. everything seems to be poorly packed. they just slap labels on solid cases for the wholesale orders. when mezco ships them from their NY warehouse they put two cases in a larger shipping box.

one of my friends recently received his 4 black skull death dudes. they were tumbling around in a shipping box big enough for 8-10 of them with a handful of mez itz and a strip of 4 squares of black bubble wrap that looked like the end of the roll.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:32 am

My skulls only came with one Mez It!

Rip off!
yorick_skirata
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:32 am

Thanks for all the info. I hope it does get better.

Being in Canada and considering it will be a while before my preorders fulfill, I’ll hope for the best.

I’m not even sure if I intend to keep my Gotham by Gaslight Batman (I try to avoid leather in figures, due to bad durability; and I didn’t pay much attention to the wing accessory when buying it), but Spider-Man 2099 is a must for me (now I’m regretting getting it with them instead of BBTS).
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:52 pm

10 am PST / 1 PM EST.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:16 pm

yorick_skirata wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:32 am
Thanks for all the info. I hope it does get better.

Being in Canada and considering it will be a while before my preorders fulfill, I’ll hope for the best.

I’m not even sure if I intend to keep my Gotham by Gaslight Batman (I try to avoid leather in figures, due to bad durability; and I didn’t pay much attention to the wing accessory when buying it), but Spider-Man 2099 is a must for me (now I’m regretting getting it with them instead of BBTS).
FWIW, I'm Canadian and get my Mezco before most most of the US. Since it's mandatory Fed Ex, I can't complain about the two day turnaround.

I'm not sure BBTS would improve your experience since Spidey was a Mezco Exclusive. They get it from the same source and flip it. It'd be more steps and handling to twist your anxiety knife.

I have my own mental demons. I get it.


---

The advent calender has Gomez's alt Red and Green head, and Eddi had a sad amount of hands. I wonder if Gomez here will be packed.

I need a new body anyway for a custom, but I hope he has more to him.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 pm

I imagine there is more to him than Eddi since Gomez is a single release, not part of a bigger set. I’m hoping for the cookies shown in the ad.

Wish they would just show everything ahead of time.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:33 pm

Great, another Gomez. What’s that now? 15 Gomez variants?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”