mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 734
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:48 pm

I pre-ordered H2 Michael Myers, though I'll probably just ended up swapping the new standard head onto the old '78 figure.
User avatar
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:32 am

Man...that new Conan price is just...insane. Glad I preordered mine.

Oh well, at least you can resell it for a triple price, if you don't wan't it lol.
User avatar
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:28 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Seeing the prices on Conan makes me really hope Diamond comes through. They screw up a lot. November 17th can’t get here fast enough.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
badguy543
CROM!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Toledo Oh
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:11 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Yo. wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 pm
Image

Damn.
Thats grimey!! A few days ago it was still $90. I was half tempted to see if their stock came in to take a shot at getting one. I'm not even a huge Conan fan I just always loved Frazetta's art. Those amazing book covers and posters I'd see at the mall growing up.
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:49 pm

I don't understand what BBTS did that was wrong?

Isnt Mezco the one setting the supply and demand? You should take it up with them.....

Even at $200, it looks like BBTS is still under most ebay sellers and you know they are selling an authentic product and not a knock-off.
User avatar
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WNY
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:49 pm
I don't understand what BBTS did that was wrong?

Isnt Mezco the one setting the supply and demand? You should take it up with them.....

Even at $200, it looks like BBTS is still under most ebay sellers and you know they are selling an authentic product and not a knock-off.
And my guess is if they kept it at $90 most of what they sold (in the seconds it was available) would end up on eBay for ridiculous prices anyway.

The higher price likely gives some resellers enough pause to let folks serious about obtaining a Conan actually get one. (in the tiny amount of time it was available ...)

Considering the ridiculous prices on eBay, though, BBTS's $200 might even be too low for my theory.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 pm

I was watching the listing throughout the day while at work and continued while at home until a bit after 11pm. Never saw it in stock. I don't have a problem with the $200, as long as they took care of everyone's preorder. It's on me for canceling :(
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:21 am

I paid $165 Image + $20 shipping to BlackOpsToys. The shipping price for USPS Priority (OR to CT) kinda sucks, I know it's gone up through my ebaying, but I think $20 is slightly inflated. I had BlackOps in my rotation of stores and I hadn't seen Conan listed as available until moments ago. I think I got the last one, as he is now sold out. I hope their inventory count was sharp. At least I had $63 in CC rewards, so I will consider that found money Image.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7088
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:17 am

Well, USPS misdelivered the Conan I paid a few hundred for on eBay. No key in the mailbox.

This is the third or fourth time this has happened with USPS in two months.

Twice the neighbors were nice enough to bring it over, the key was in their box. The last time I took off work to wait for her to show up to open all the boxes to find out which wrong one she put it in.

Now I need to take tomorrow off work suddenly to do the same thing again. If someone picks up their mail , gets the wrong key, and keeps it, I’m out that money. It shows as delivered, nothing I can do.

I don’t understand why or how this keeps happening.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2812
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:17 am
Well, USPS misdelivered the Conan I paid a few hundred for on eBay. No key in the mailbox.

This is the third or fourth time this has happened with USPS in two months.

Twice the neighbors were nice enough to bring it over, the key was in their box. The last time I took off work to wait for her to show up to open all the boxes to find out which wrong one she put it in.

Now I need to take tomorrow off work suddenly to do the same thing again. If someone picks up their mail , gets the wrong key, and keeps it, I’m out that money. It shows as delivered, nothing I can do.

I don’t understand why or how this keeps happening.
I had this happen a few times when I had a condo. You should be able to tell the post office you want all of your packages held instead of delivered to the mailbox. It's inconvenient to have to go pick up everything at the post office, but it's better than losing money and packages. I thankfully never lost something more than 20 bucks via the USPS.
User avatar
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 734
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:42 pm

My Conan came today from BBTS. The figure itself is great -- the sculpt, the paintwork, and even the articulation, though of course double-jointed elbows would have been an improvement. I doubt we'll ever get butterfly shoulders with a figure like this; it'd break up the aesthetic too much, which is obviously very important to Mez.

The accessories are where it falters, though. It seems like they compromised on them, probably to finally get the figure through production if I had to guess. The cloak is the biggest offender here - it looks nothing like the one advertised and just sorta... sucks. Mine has really long strings on it which are rigid and look goofy. The bones on the necklace are all just flat grey rather than having white on them, as per the promo shots. The necklace also doesn't sit well on Conan (I tuck it down slightly behind the body harness).

The way the scabbards attach to the belt and harness is just garbage, no matter what they sit far too low and easily fall off. They were all advertised as coming with complete chains but don't, though I'm not sure how much help they would have given. That said, the paintwork and sculpts for the weapons and scabbards are all great. It's a shame they didn't figure out a better way to attach them.
piggyv01
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:01 pm

Mister Voorhees wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:42 pm
My Conan came today from BBTS. The figure itself is great -- the sculpt, the paintwork, and even the articulation, though of course double-jointed elbows would have been an improvement. I doubt we'll ever get butterfly shoulders with a figure like this; it'd break up the aesthetic too much, which is obviously very important to Mez.

The accessories are where it falters, though. It seems like they compromised on them, probably to finally get the figure through production if I had to guess. The cloak is the biggest offender here - it looks nothing like the one advertised and just sorta... sucks. Mine has really long strings on it which are rigid and look goofy. The bones on the necklace are all just flat grey rather than having white on them, as per the promo shots. The necklace also doesn't sit well on Conan (I tuck it down slightly behind the body harness).

The way the scabbards attach to the belt and harness is just garbage, no matter what they sit far too low and easily fall off. They were all advertised as coming with complete chains but don't, though I'm not sure how much help they would have given. That said, the paintwork and sculpts for the weapons and scabbards are all great. It's a shame they didn't figure out a better way to attach them.
There's a lot to love about Conan but I think the excitement of finally getting him added a bit of a rosey tint for a lot of folks and they were willing to overlook a lot.
The cloak switch is rough. After hoarding our money for 2 years, give us what we paid for, or, if you've decided you fancy a short cloak, give us both.
The storage system is a pain and I wanted to use the full chain to sling a sword over his shoulder. It's odd that they didn't update the packaging to reflect these changes.
I think the unpainted skulls and teeth/claws offends me most though. 2 years. There was surely time?
Still, I really like him, in fact, he's one of my favourites but I could've liked him more if I'd've gotten what was advertised.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:19 am

BlackOpsToys shipped my Conan and they have him for sale again. This time at $170 and a discount code "Halloween16" for 16% off. I don't order from them often because I don't do much 1/6, but I've never had issues with them.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7088
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:45 am

mrboshek wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:19 am
BlackOpsToys shipped my Conan and they have him for sale again. This time at $170 and a discount code "Halloween16" for 16% off. I don't order from them often because I don't do much 1/6, but I've never had issues with them.
They are local to me, I can vouch they are legit also. Knew someone who worked there once, owner is a bit of an ass with some politically charged opinions, but otherwise it’s a legit business.
snikt6384
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:49 am

I had to jump in and grab one at BlackOps. Seemingly the last for now. Thanks y'all.

I'm gonna feel just a bit silly if he ends up being relatively easy to find and prices flatten out once it reaches everywhere. But not as annoyed as i'd be if I didn't grab one at this price point and ended up having to pay $200 and up because I waited.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”