mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Obviously. Electronics really aren't that expensive an add-in though. Why do you think Mezco keeps adding them to up the price?
badguy543
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 pm

I love Godzilla and have my entire life as far back as I can remember. With that said, I have my vinyl with four points or articulation ( and battle damage from my dog Sparrkey) and my Monsterarts Emergence Godzilla 1964 and I don't plan on supporting anything else from any company until someone either makes a fully poseable Showa Jet Jaguar or explains why they can't/won't make one. I'm pretty sure at this point it isn't anything to do with Ultraman lawsuits as they keep making non poseable vinyl crap. Sorry to crap on the love fest but I'm very frustrated by this approach with this property .
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 pm

I’m a huuuuuuuge Godzilla fan and can’t pass on this any harder. That sculpt…. Is that an amalgamated version of Godzilla? Doesn’t look close to any specific design I’ve seen.

And this is coming from someone who bought all of the Showa figures Mezco put up for pre-order a few months ago.
Burkion
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 pm

TheeCollector wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 pm
I’m a huuuuuuuge Godzilla fan and can’t pass on this any harder. That sculpt…. Is that an amalgamated version of Godzilla? Doesn’t look close to any specific design I’ve seen.

And this is coming from someone who bought all of the Showa figures Mezco put up for pre-order a few months ago.
Honestly those are why I'm extra critical of this

Those are damn near perfect for what they are and what they can do
kingkahn
Customized

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:44 am

DennyCrane wrote:
Obviously. Electronics really aren't that expensive an add-in though. Why do you think Mezco keeps adding them to up the price?
The electronics are what stops me from buying this. I really don;t like them or need them in my figures since I then have to take the batteries out otherwise worry they will corrode when on display.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:39 pm

kingkahn wrote:
DennyCrane wrote:
The electronics are what stops me from buying this. I really don;t like them or need them in my figures since I then have to take the batteries out otherwise worry they will corrode when on display.
Most Mezco figures that contain electronics run on button cell watch batteries which can last for up to 5-6 years and they don’t typically corrode like your standard AA. A figure of this size though might be a different beast all together though. It might still run on watch batteries or it might have a rechargeable USB port considering the amount of circuitry that must be in a figure like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GuruAskew
CROM!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:41 pm

I have an electronic Kenner Jurassic Park velociraptor I bought in 1993 and the original button cell batteries are still going strong.

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:01 pm

GuruAskew wrote:I have an electronic Kenner Jurassic Park velociraptor I bought in 1993 and the original button cell batteries are still going strong.

Button cell batteries typically work the best on smaller scale figures though. Especially figures that have light up components. Larger figs require more power though and can’t rely on watch batteries because button cells typically conserve more energy than they expend. So a rechargeable lithium battery that’s attached to a usb charging port might work best here. It’s the only type of power source that can power up those super bright bright LED’s in the dorsal plates and the mouth, along with all the sound effects that can run simultaneously.

DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:57 am

That's another area that would worry me if I even considered a purchase (the free shipping for this monster does make it a smidge more palatable). Mezco's light-up features just haven't been the best executed lately. It would have to be perfected and super bright to be the kind of show-stopper display piece to support the price tag and "ultimate" moniker. Not saying they couldn't do it, but...
yorick_skirata
Faster than a speeding bullet

mezco one:12 collective

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:36 am

If I’m remembering correctly, at least on their One:12 figures, they don’t have the batteries installed, they come separately on the package.

I’m not interested in electronics in figures in general, I usually don’t even install batteries in my figures, at all. Not that it bothers me {unless a button/switch breaks the sculpt), I’m usually just indifferent to it.
dcucfan
CROM!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:28 pm

Looks like Mossquatch is finally preparing to ship. I’m a bit worried about FedEx right now; my Hawk is still floating in the ether somewhere and many of my other FedEx-tied packages are pending. If Mezco plans to release all of these pending figures closer to the end of the year…woof.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:38 pm

Red Doc Noc shipped! Coming out of WA this time.
Bellygrub
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Nemo goes up tomorrow (10/1) at 1pm ET.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz3bWoI ... =MezcoToyz
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:40 pm

Really, really regretting letting my kids rip open the sea cabin set years ago ...
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Still have mine! It's pretty awesome. Not sure about the "clean look" the promo seems to be previewing.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics