mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Holy Schnike.... this is the figure I've been dreaming about. I can't wait!!!!

The Haslab Galactus price while clocking in a foot shorter than Galactus is a bummer, but I've been wanting a massive Godzilla figure for SO long I'm going to have to pull the trigger.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:39 pm

That is very impressive ... but it's another giant thing I'm not sure I can devote that much space too. (It is Godzilla, though ...)

So there's three really big, expensive monsters on the horizon. For me it's looking like they rank up as 1. Mezco Gojira 2. Creative Beasts Studio's T-Rex 3. Haslab Rancor. (Of course that's without having fully seen said T-Rex and Rancor).
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Galactis does not have a tail, Toho license, or import quality.
SuperWeirdo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 pm

That Mezco Godzilla looks pretty cool, but the sculpt is soft compared to an X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla. Not sure if it's worth it.

I have my Gigantic 89 next to me and it outclasses this Mezco figure for sure. Although Mezco has articulation and electronic features, which may make it fun.

Will probably wait until closer to release date to decide on this one.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 pm

SuperWeirdo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 pm
That Mezco Godzilla looks pretty cool, but the sculpt is soft compared to an X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla. Not sure if it's worth it.

I have my Gigantic 89 next to me and it outclasses this Mezco figure for sure. Although Mezco has articulation and electronic features, which may make it fun.

For me, I kind of like the soft sculpt since I'm looking for something to add to my display that does for my current display what my Shogun Warriors Godzilla did with my toys in the olden days. And this is a stand in for the Marvel Comics version of Godzilla for my display, so again this aesthetic fits for me better than the X-Plus. Also, this is will have more articulation than the X-Plus version of Godzilla appears to. I do wish it stood six inches taller (I'd even accept a shorter tail to get the added height, but this is as close as I'm likely to get to the Godzilla I've been clamoring for.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

mezco one:12 collective

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:30 pm

I preordered Godzilla right out of the gate. The big G has been one of my faves ever since I was an itty bitty human person so yeah….had to get him.

SuperWeirdo wrote:That Mezco Godzilla looks pretty cool, but the sculpt is soft compared to an X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla. Not sure if it's worth it.

I’ve got the same X-Plus Gigantic 89 and as close to perfection as that figure possibly is, at the end of the day it’s just a big hunk of immovable vinyl. I want the articulation and action features. In fact my favorite Godzilla right now is the 8” tall SHMA Godzilla 1989 that has the lights, sounds and music, but this new Godzilla from Mezco might just take that top spot because it’s a happy medium between the X-Plus Gigantic 89 and the smaller electronic version from Bandai Tamashii Nations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm

I'm... enticed by this. It's a big dollar item with a lot of unknowns, but it's striking the right chords with me. I would really like to know the articulation breakdown. They talk about 10 points... but they also mention an internal armature for the tail. So is the tail movement not involved with that joint count? From what is visible, jaw, neck, shoulders, wrists, and hips are definite points. The other two... ankles, maybe?
SuperWeirdo

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 pm

The playability factor of the Mezco Godzilla will likely win me over in the end, even if it's not as sharp as X-Plus. I don't have a Godzilla this large with articulation. I actually wish it was more articulated though, especially in the neck area. I feel like it could use a ball joint a la NECA Godzilla '62 . But maybe that would interfere with the electronics too much?.
Odowan
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:21 am

There's absolutely no way I could ever justify this Godzilla, but it looks basically like the best one ever made. I wish the price weren't so steep so I could have it tower over my NECA figures.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:51 am

Odowan wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:21 am
There's absolutely no way I could ever justify this Godzilla, but it looks basically like the best one ever made. I wish the price weren't so steep so I could have it tower over my NECA figures.
Same here. Looks great, but too rich for my blood.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:07 am

Is this any bigger than the Bandai rotocast Super Premium G?
Burkion

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:35 am

For the price tag this thing should not be a glorified vinyl.

Monsterarts put out something with all the same features, a tail that won't presumably destroy itself in a few years if what they mean is accurate, and a full range of posability. And it cost less at the time of release.

For as big as it is and for what its going to cost, the limbs at least should be fully jointed. If the tail really is a metal skeleton over rubber, that's even more reason to avoid the hell out of it- that thing is doomed to rot away if it can even function at all given how heavy the rubber sleeve has to be by design.
panther10

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:42 am

mr Articulate wrote:Is this any bigger than the Bandai rotocast Super Premium G?
Far smaller. The Super Premium Godzilla from Bandai was 3ft tall and about 5 feet long. This Godzilla is 18” tall and 33” long. So it’s about half the size.

DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:38 pm

Suddenly the Super7 Ultimate Godzillas (we all know are coming) look like a hella deal.
panther10

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:34 pm

DennyCrane wrote:Suddenly the Super7 Ultimate Godzillas (we all know are coming) look like a hella deal.
Apples to oranges. You’re talking about a 7” figure versus an 18” tall Godzilla that’s loaded with electronics.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics