General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:23 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm
Misfit wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:25 pm
Googie would be my pick if they wanted to actually make a drummer, but the only problem with him is he didn't have a very interesting look. He even showed up to the first photo shoot they did wearing a white t-shirt which apparently pissed Glenn off.
Yeah, Googie always looked like he didn't know what band he was in! :lol:
:lol:
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:13 am

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:26 am

That's rad. For those who don't know, London After Midnight is a lost Lon Chaney (Sr.) silent film that had its last known print destroyed in a fire in the 60s. Really cool that NECA's doing this, it's a fun Chaney makeup.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:47 am

Looks really cool. It wasnt on my list but it's a must have
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:09 am

I picked up the Last of Us 2 set after seeing some more YouTube coverage. It did not look as bad as the promos and early shots, and I'm happy to have it.

My favourite little detail is that you can pop the Ellie torso apart to pocket the pistol in her waistband. Cool detail.

One thing I did notice in reviews like dHunter and others, and mine has it, too, is the right temple has a bald spot with the way the hair strands sweep around to connect to her ear. Only one youtuber didn't have it. I touched it up with paint and you can't tell now, but I must know if anyone had one "correct".
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 pm

Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:22 am

I might be tempted by Freddy, but it's really not cool charging inflation prices when these are warehouse finds. It's not like they were produced at a higher price.
The Ghost
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:21 am

For anyone in Australia, there's a 50% off NECA figures at the Costume Super Centre:

https://www.costumesupercentre.com.au/c ... 1c74a03485

It would appear to be NECA endorsed? I received notification from NECA themselves. Anyway, won't ever see these prices anywhere else, I'm sure of that!
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:03 am

Anyone know the status of the Warduke and Grimsword figures? Waiting on Dorksidetoys to ship my 2001 Moon Watcher figure once these are in stock.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:09 pm

BAT wrote:Anyone know the status of the Warduke and Grimsword figures? Waiting on Dorksidetoys to ship my 2001 Moon Watcher figure once these are in stock.
Not sure, but those were supposed to be released back in March, so who knows what's going on there. I'm kind of expecting the D&D figures to get cancelled or something. The Lost Tribe Predator figures also seem to be getting the slow walk.

Does anyone know if NECA is just overall having problems, or is TMNT taking too much of their resources at the expense of everything else?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:29 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:09 pm
BAT wrote:Anyone know the status of the Warduke and Grimsword figures? Waiting on Dorksidetoys to ship my 2001 Moon Watcher figure once these are in stock.
Not sure, but those were supposed to be released back in March, so who knows what's going on there. I'm kind of expecting the D&D figures to get cancelled or something. The Lost Tribe Predator figures also seem to be getting the slow walk.

Does anyone know if NECA is just overall having problems, or is TMNT taking too much of their resources at the expense of everything else?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I just don't think they've shipped out is all. I don't think it has anything to do with TMNT or having problems. Newest stuff I've seen has been the Gremlins accessory packs, Creepshow Creep, and the new predators. Oh, and the Last Ronin. Plus a bunch of refresh restocks of other figures. I'm not sure what the calendar says is supposed to be coming or shipping out.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:43 am

China's zero-COVID policy is still affecting things. They're having protests right now over the shutdowns. The supply chain is not 100% recovered.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:42 pm

Seeing the 30-50% discounts on all companies expect NECA hurts. I’m behind on a variety of release (especially Universal Monsters and Gargoyles), and any kind of sale would be nice…
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:42 pm

september_death wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:42 pm
Seeing the 30-50% discounts on all companies expect NECA hurts. I’m behind on a variety of release (especially Universal Monsters and Gargoyles), and any kind of sale would be nice…
Only thing on your list here would be the black and white Wolf Man if you're interested, but:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/blowout-bi ... CO&sw=neca
The Ghost
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:25 am

The Ghost wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:21 am
For anyone in Australia, there's a 50% off NECA figures at the Costume Super Centre:

https://www.costumesupercentre.com.au/c ... 1c74a03485

It would appear to be NECA endorsed? I received notification from NECA themselves. Anyway, won't ever see these prices anywhere else, I'm sure of that!
For any Aussies, can now confirm they are legit. My order arrived (including Black Noir, I forgot him in the shot!)

These were all 50% off, which is mad savings. You also get credit for certain amount spent so I've pre-ordered ALF and a Bela Lugosi Drac while they still have 25% for pre-orders. Free shipping for orders over $99. Looks like their supplier would be Costumes.com, which would explain the NECA endorsement.

Happy days while they last, folks. NECA stuff is a pain to get here in Australia.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”