General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:57 pm

Thanks.
I'll have a look at some ED-209 reviews if/when it gets announced, then- but I know myself well enough to be pretty sure I'd get it regardless!
These re-releases are already a dream for me (even with the groin/leg faults), so I'd be furious with myself if I skipped ED-209.

(Obviously only an aside as the scale's so off these- but the Hiya one's superb if you're into Robocop)
User avatar
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:28 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 pm
dHunter333 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm
Where did you buy it from? The Neca store has their own customer service
I bought it from their official store. It was a SDCC exclusive. They just didn't send me all my items.

I guess I'm just going to contact my credit card company.

Unreal that a supposed major toy company doesn't answer emails or their own contact forms.
try [email protected]
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2977
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 pm
dHunter333 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm
Where did you buy it from? The Neca store has their own customer service
I bought it from their official store. It was a SDCC exclusive. They just didn't send me all my items.

I guess I'm just going to contact my credit card company.

Unreal that a supposed major toy company doesn't answer emails or their own contact forms.
Did you try sending an email reply to the order confirmation? That's their main contact email. I only had to reach out once and I got a response within a day or two.
dillonpressley
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:21 am

Finally found the Nightmare Demon at my walmart on an endcap in electronics

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

User avatar
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:27 am

PSPS13 wrote:Thanks.
I'll have a look at some ED-209 reviews if/when it gets announced, then- but I know myself well enough to be pretty sure I'd get it regardless!
These re-releases are already a dream for me (even with the groin/leg faults), so I'd be furious with myself if I skipped ED-209.

(Obviously only an aside as the scale's so off these- but the Hiya one's superb if you're into Robocop)
How tall is the Hiya one? I was thinking about picking one up and fudging into a different figure display as an attack drone / Easter Egg lol
User avatar
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:31 am

dHunter333 wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 pm
dHunter333 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm
Where did you buy it from? The Neca store has their own customer service
I bought it from their official store. It was a SDCC exclusive. They just didn't send me all my items.

I guess I'm just going to contact my credit card company.

Unreal that a supposed major toy company doesn't answer emails or their own contact forms.
try [email protected]
I second this. I've contacted them twice before, both at this email, and the first time it took about 2 days. The second time was around 12 hours.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:02 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:27 am
PSPS13 wrote:Thanks.
I'll have a look at some ED-209 reviews if/when it gets announced, then- but I know myself well enough to be pretty sure I'd get it regardless!
These re-releases are already a dream for me (even with the groin/leg faults), so I'd be furious with myself if I skipped ED-209.

(Obviously only an aside as the scale's so off these- but the Hiya one's superb if you're into Robocop)
How tall is the Hiya one? I was thinking about picking one up and fudging into a different figure display as an attack drone / Easter Egg lol
Pretty small, really, but depends who it'll be threatening in your display. It feels in perfect scale to the rest of the line its from, but it's a small 1/18 line- so, without measuring right now, I'd say something like 5 and a half to six inches tall? Worth YouTubing a review if you're considering it.

Edited- comparison to NECA version at about 5 and a half minutes here:
https://youtu.be/P_AItTzQIMQ

But pretty much every part moves and it's even got (quiet) sound effects!
Plus Cain's already available for pre-order as well as a Battle-Damaged alt version of ED-209, so several pros for the line.
I was really happy with it.
User avatar
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am

PSPS13 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:27 am
PSPS13 wrote:Thanks.
I'll have a look at some ED-209 reviews if/when it gets announced, then- but I know myself well enough to be pretty sure I'd get it regardless!
These re-releases are already a dream for me (even with the groin/leg faults), so I'd be furious with myself if I skipped ED-209.

(Obviously only an aside as the scale's so off these- but the Hiya one's superb if you're into Robocop)
How tall is the Hiya one? I was thinking about picking one up and fudging into a different figure display as an attack drone / Easter Egg lol
Pretty small, really, but depends who it'll be threatening in your display. It feels in perfect scale to the rest of the line its from, but it's a small 1/18 line- so, without measuring right now, I'd say something like 5 and a half to six inches tall? Worth YouTubing a review if you're considering it.

Edited- comparison to NECA version at about 5 and a half minutes here:
https://youtu.be/P_AItTzQIMQ

But pretty much every part moves and it's even got (quiet) sound effects!
Plus Cain's already available for pre-order as well as a Battle-Damaged alt version of ED-209, so several pros for the line.
I was really happy with it.
That's actually pretty big, as far as 1/18 goes (to me, anyway, as I don't have much 1/18 stuff)! I like that! And thank you for the follow up, I appreciate it.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:30 am

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am
That's actually pretty big, as far as 1/18 goes (to me, anyway, as I don't have much 1/18 stuff)! I like that! And thank you for the follow up, I appreciate it.
No problem, mate-more than happy to help!
(Suddenly worried I used '1/18' when it's not, though, now- because it's very rare I collect that scale myself, anymore- pretty much just these, I think. I think I mean 1/18? Like the old Star Wars figures/The Vintage Collection? 3.75-ish. Basically whatever that is lol)
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 pm
dHunter333 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm
Where did you buy it from? The Neca store has their own customer service
I bought it from their official store. It was a SDCC exclusive. They just didn't send me all my items.

I guess I'm just going to contact my credit card company.

Unreal that a supposed major toy company doesn't answer emails or their own contact forms.
Did you try sending an email reply to the order confirmation? That's their main contact email. I only had to reach out once and I got a response within a day or two.
I did. I hate to keep beating this dead horse, but I've legit emailed every single NECA email that has been suggested, that I could find, I used their online contact form, etc.

Every time I find a new email, I send an email, but I haven't even got a courtesy response.
User avatar
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm

PSPS13 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am
That's actually pretty big, as far as 1/18 goes (to me, anyway, as I don't have much 1/18 stuff)! I like that! And thank you for the follow up, I appreciate it.
No problem, mate-more than happy to help!
(Suddenly worried I used '1/18' when it's not, though, now- because it's very rare I collect that scale myself, anymore- pretty much just these, I think. I think I mean 1/18? Like the old Star Wars figures/The Vintage Collection? 3.75-ish. Basically whatever that is lol)
Yep, you're using 1/18 correctly. I just expected 'ol Ed here to be smaller than he is lol
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:25 am

The black and white version of the Universal Mummy is up for pre-order now.
User avatar
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 9482
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:50 pm

TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm
PSPS13 wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am
That's actually pretty big, as far as 1/18 goes (to me, anyway, as I don't have much 1/18 stuff)! I like that! And thank you for the follow up, I appreciate it.
No problem, mate-more than happy to help!
(Suddenly worried I used '1/18' when it's not, though, now- because it's very rare I collect that scale myself, anymore- pretty much just these, I think. I think I mean 1/18? Like the old Star Wars figures/The Vintage Collection? 3.75-ish. Basically whatever that is lol)
Yep, you're using 1/18 correctly. I just expected 'ol Ed here to be smaller than he is lol
If anything, Hiya made him *too* big. Here's the actual filming prop:
Image

Hiya's figures:
Image
User avatar
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5668
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:44 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm
Misfit wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 pm


I bought it from their official store. It was a SDCC exclusive. They just didn't send me all my items.

I guess I'm just going to contact my credit card company.

Unreal that a supposed major toy company doesn't answer emails or their own contact forms.
Did you try sending an email reply to the order confirmation? That's their main contact email. I only had to reach out once and I got a response within a day or two.
I did. I hate to keep beating this dead horse, but I've legit emailed every single NECA email that has been suggested, that I could find, I used their online contact form, etc.

Every time I find a new email, I send an email, but I haven't even got a courtesy response.
Try the email I posted above. That's their Neca Store website's customer service, they've always responded to me.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Just for anyone that cares: the newest re-release of Ultimate Chucky has face printing! Eyes are cleaner and they've added eye lashes to the faces. All the colors seem more natural, and he has more of a unibrow on the angry face. The overalls are all the right color too.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”