General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:54 am

DennyCrane wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:42 am
Speaking of the 80s - 90s. Has anyone heard when the Flash Gordon exclusives are shipping? Didn't see anything to indicate they were a preorder. Neca SDCC products are usually pretty punctual.
The TMNT Channel 6 set wasn't estimated to ship until at least October, so I assume all SDCC items were the same. Likely delayed due to all the shipping craziness.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:05 pm

Oh crap, Neca is ripping off Cinemassacre, Monster Madness with 31 days of spooky reveals.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:48 am

I hope they FINALLY reveal what they're doing with the Hammer license during this event. An Ultimate Hammer Dracula is something I need badly.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:55 am

31 days of horror reveals is not gonna be kind to my wallet.
Odowan
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:25 am

VonDoom62 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:48 am
I hope they FINALLY reveal what they're doing with the Hammer license during this event. An Ultimate Hammer Dracula is something I need badly.
I'm with you there! Based on the five movies included in the licensing, I'm 100% down for Dracula, Van Helsing (better come with those candlesticks!), Baron Frankenstein, Frankenstein's Monster and Kharis. I'd consider Baron Meinster a nice bonus.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:14 pm

Hoping NECA doing horror reveals all month means a Scream Factory exclusive of some sort.

Anybody got any guesses on what might be coming?
I'm expecting:
Hammer stuff
Part VIII Jason
Retro Elvira
Another Toony Terrors wave (possibly with representation from An American Werewolf in London, Candyman, or more Carpenter movies)
More information on the Retro scale Jaws shark.
A new license.
Possibly something additional from Halloween Kills after the movie's released.

Hoping against hope they'll announce they cleared the Roy Scheider rights for Brody.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:19 pm

Are we sure they're all horror reveals? That's quite a big amount of product if there's something every day.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:24 pm

They're calling it Monster Madness, so I'm assuming yes.
Odowan
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:11 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:

I'm expecting:
Part VIII Jason
My understanding was that Part VII Jason was already in development before the lawsuit, and the suit had reached a point where any existing merch was allowed out. Any new merch is still prohibited. As of right now, they can only reissue existing stuff. Same with Freddy. This may have changed though.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Odowan wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:11 pm
secondwhiteline wrote:

I'm expecting:
Part VIII Jason
My understanding was that Part VII Jason was already in development before the lawsuit, and the suit had reached a point where any existing merch was allowed out. Any new merch is still prohibited. As of right now, they can only reissue existing stuff. Same with Freddy. This may have changed though.
Is that still the case? Hot Topic and the various Halloween stores have a ton of merch available this season. Is that all reissued stuff?
PresidentJuggernaut
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:31 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
I think some non-horror monster goodness will likely be included, like another Gargoyles reveal or two, maybe another King Kong variation (I still expect at least Black & White).

In addition to your list, I'd like to see another Universal Monster or two... I'd like to see their Bela Lugosi Dracula.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 pm

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:31 pm
secondwhiteline wrote:
I think some non-horror monster goodness will likely be included, like another Gargoyles reveal or two, maybe another King Kong variation (I still expect at least Black & White).

In addition to your list, I'd like to see another Universal Monster or two... I'd like to see their Bela Lugosi Dracula.
I should clarify I was considering adjacent lines as part of their horror stuff. King Kong, Alien, and Predator are all at least partly horror franchises. Gargoyles less so but they obviously fit the theme here.

And d'oh, Universal Monsters is an obvious one that slipped my mind. That's as good as guaranteed here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Hopefully a lot of predator and alien products.

Guessing a lot will be stuff like toony terrors, mad balls, maybe some of those vinyl blind box things.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:49 pm

Let's not forget some The Thing monsters! Speaking of which, I'm PRETTY sure my MacReady 2.0 is on its way to me from back when I pre-ordered it on Wal-Mart. Never actually got a shipping notice, but got the FedEx email that says from "National Entertainment Collect" and the invoice is listed as "walmart" something or other. Did NECA shipping move to Wisconsin though? I thought it used to come from California?

Anyways, yeah, there's a ton of stuff that could get shown for Monster Madness. And I can't forget that there will probably be some retros revealed as well. But we've got Universal Monsters, The Thing, potentially Hammer, Gremlins, Gargoyles, Alien, Predator, Toony Terrors, Puppet Master, Halloween (Kills?), Evil Dead, Creepshow, etc. Not to mention maybe some new licenses?
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Also a target leak listing of TMNT universal monsters crossover figures.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”