General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Thegogglesdonothing
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 pm

At this point the Simpsons Ultimate Milhouse has got to come with Alf pogs.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:55 pm

I didn't even particularly like the Alf show when it was on - it was not in my family's regular viewing rotation.

But I definitely plan to buy this figure - because - HAH! Alf figure. Setiously it looks great and is one of those iconic avatars of the 80s.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Never saw one episode of Alf - that show came out in my partying days and I had minimal interest in TV at that moment.

But damn the figure looks great and I'm compelled to buy it, which is ridiculous! ugh this addiction...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:07 pm

So I imagine Alf is going to be sized like the gremlins? Or is it going to be 1/10 scaled, at 4-4.5"?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:58 pm

That's an interesting question. I just assumed he'd be 1/10. Maybe he'll be 7" like the Gremlins. Which just makes me wish the Gremlins were 1/10 and sold in 2pks.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Outside of the Gremlins/Mogwai they seem to do smaller characters to relative scale, like Chucky, ET, Sam and the Puppets, so Alf will most likely be slightly larger than Chucky, I think.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:33 pm

Little Neca haul today + a hot wheel

Glad the bat grapple just started hitting target. I missed it at Walmart. Was going to stick to the color monsters but he was there and figured I’ll just decide later as more come out.

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Outside of the Gremlins/Mogwai they seem to do smaller characters to relative scale, like Chucky, ET, Sam and the Puppets, so Alf will most likely be slightly larger than Chucky, I think.
If Alf is smaller (like Chucky or the Puppets), I think there's a good chance he'll come with all the stuff shown in the promo pics.

Cat sandwich
popcorn bowl
grocery bag
radio set w/ microphone
framed portrait (maybe?)
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:56 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm
Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
If Alf is smaller (like Chucky or the Puppets), I think there's a good chance he'll come with all the stuff shown in the promo pics.

Cat sandwich
popcorn bowl
grocery bag
radio set w/ microphone
framed portrait (maybe?)
Oh it's a grocery bag. Yeah I think it'll be around 5-6" tall. The portrait looks like it's part of the photo set, so I don't think it'll be included.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:47 pm

Yeah. The portrait is background and probably not included. I'm assuming it's a grocery bag or vegetable sack. I haven't seen the show since it aired, so I'm not sure what it is exactly and its significance.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28 am

Maximoff wrote:

Glad the bat grapple just started hitting target. I missed it at Walmart. Was going to stick to the color monsters but he was there and figured I’ll just decide later as more come out.

Sweet haul!

I've seen some of those Hot Wheels Batman vehicles. Thought about getting them, but they usually don't have the ones I actually want all at the same time.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 am

citysushi wrote:
Maximoff wrote:

Sweet haul!

I've seen some of those Hot Wheels Batman vehicles. Thought about getting them, but they usually don't have the ones I actually want all at the same time.
I found them all I believe but only wanted the animated series to go with my large dc collectibles one
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:41 am

Guardianmonkey wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:58 pm
How long after this first ALF is released before the next "Ultimate," which will include his Hawaiian shirt (from the cartoon) and a tv remote?
Unless it comes out at the same time, it won't be soon enough! I need all the Alfs!
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:42 am

That show still holds up for a sitcom set in the 90s with a muppet main character! They'll have several possible variants to maximize use of the mold: Kiss the Cook and Rocker Alf are musts. Though it would just be great to have swappable parts to make these from the main, we all know that won't happen. And of course the obligatory Toony Classics Alf.

Speaking of the 80s - 90s. Has anyone heard when the Flash Gordon exclusives are shipping? Didn't see anything to indicate they were a preorder. Neca SDCC products are usually pretty punctual.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:11 am

Let's not forget dark brown video game Alf in Sega Master System-style packaging.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”