General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 pm

september_death wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:51 pm
I don’t know where I’d be able to fit an Ultimate Bruce in my collection. I have the Jaws MM set and the 3D poster, and that fills a narrow IKEA Billy shelf; I’d buy Brody, Hooper, and Quint, but a 3’-4’ scaled shark would not fit anywhere near the rest of the Jaws stuff.
Obviously at the foot of your bed like a loyal pet.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:55 pm

I guess…. You’re gonn need a bigger shelf. 😸
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:37 pm

That will definitely be an issue for most of us...

I wish neca could find a way to engineer a model which could be split in different elements, for example, if you want to display just the head (like the toony terror) or maybe just like the tail coming out of the water, or head+tail to make a cool looking display which would take less shelf space andd you can configure again whenever you want OR win the lottery so you can move to a palace and get your own extra space just for figures

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 pm

Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:37 pm
I wish neca could find a way to engineer a model which could be split in different elements, for example, if you want to display just the head (like the toony terror) or maybe just like the tail coming out of the water, or head+tail to make a cool looking display which would take less shelf space
That is a great idea. You should pass it along to them.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:40 pm

citysushi wrote:I guess…. You’re gonn need a bigger shelf. Image
Touché Image

I don’t know how NECA tackles it. Unless you’re a diehard Universal Studios fan, a static shark is boring. But a segmented shark required for articulation won’t look right. It will look like the Otachi tail from Pacific Rim. And I’d be wary of any artificial skin for an internal skeleton.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:52 pm

september_death wrote:
citysushi wrote:I guess…. You’re gonn need a bigger shelf. Image
Touché Image

I don’t know how NECA tackles it. Unless you’re a diehard Universal Studios fan, a static shark is boring. But a segmented shark required for articulation won’t look right. It will look like the Otachi tail from Pacific Rim. And I’d be wary of any artificial skin for an internal skeleton.
Indeed, it's challenging...in the case of crocodiles and animals like that, the wrinkled texture of their skins helps hiding articulation...but with a shark, it would be very noticeable. I don't like the rubber body +skeleton underneath either...maybe just articulated ball head and jaw it's enough...?

I'm think about the brand new shark guy McFarlane did for the suicide squad line ImageImage

mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 am

Bought “Creepshow” at Target and got stung by a fake. Someone swapped the body under the cloak with a dollar store skeleton. Returning I go…
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:32 am

The color Frankenstein, first MacReady, and BTTF2 Doc Brown are all listed as shipping on Monday by NECA's shipping calendar. Hopefully showing up at online shops within the next two or three weeks then...
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 pm

cmoney wrote:
The color Frankenstein, first MacReady, and BTTF2 Doc Brown are all listed as shipping on Monday by NECA's shipping calendar. Hopefully showing up at online shops within the next two or three weeks then...
Calendar? I have been trying to check the calendar, but for me it just comes up blank.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:10 pm

citysushi wrote:
cmoney wrote:
Calendar? I have been trying to check the calendar, but for me it just comes up blank.
I've never been able to get that stuff on NECA's site to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 am

citysushi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 pm
cmoney wrote:
Couple things:

The front page of the NECA site has a little "Shipping This Week" sidebar that shows them for the week.

Also, I recently noticed on the calendar that some days have little dots on them. I've not gotten anything to load up either, but if you click the "Export" button, you can get a list in whatever sort of Calendar program/app you might have. At least it worked on Windows for me. But all that's on there currently is the same stuff for this week listed on the front page.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Is homelander shipping this week along with the rest of exclusives (Frank, 2015 Doc and McCready)? Didn't see it in the calendar...

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 pm

Both The Boys figures were listed for July 26. Just recall these shipping dates are for when product ships to retailers from NECA's warehouse, not when you can expect them in-store. BBTS, for example, has lagged pretty far behind NECA's shipping dates as far as when they actually have the product in stock.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:07 am

Do Homelander/Starlight joints need to be eased up or are they good to go out of the box?
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:11 am

I saw some reviews, they said they’re good to go out of the box no heating on them.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”