General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am

I'm split on the Wolfman. On one hand, I think the Larry Talbot head has a stunning sculpt. The likeness is really close and I love LOVE the expression they chose. It's perfect for the character.

On the other hand, the Wolfman heads didn't come out quite as well I think. They look CLOSE, but I think the color chosen for the skin is too pale and that throws it off. If the skintone were a darker brown, I think it'd look a ton better.

I'll still probably pick it up, though.
User avatar
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 1956
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:43 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:42 am

Deckard wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
Image
They did a really nice job on them. I understand why but I still can't help but to wish they were at least a little smaller.
I'm with you. I halfway hope NECA releases a little set of unarticulated minis that fit in scale wise with their 7" stuff.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10102
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:45 am

DaveB wrote:
Deckard wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
Image
They did a really nice job on them. I understand why but I still can't help but to wish they were at least a little smaller.
I'm with you. I halfway hope NECA releases a little set of unarticulated minis that fit in scale wise with their 7" stuff.
There’s several dozen Gremlins across a decade of releases telling you not to hold your breath.
User avatar
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 1956
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:43 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am

On that note, I would like some mini Gremlins, too.
User avatar
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Cafebar Read
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:03 am

DaveB wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am
On that note, I would like some mini Gremlins, too.
Same here. I would have been all over that.
User avatar
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:32 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:44 am

Deckard wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am
On that note, I would like some mini Gremlins, too.
Same here. I would have been all over that.
Why Neca hasn't made smaller Gremlins and Gizmos scaled with their 7" figs is beyond me

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2980
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:44 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am
I'm split on the Wolfman. On one hand, I think the Larry Talbot head has a stunning sculpt. The likeness is really close and I love LOVE the expression they chose. It's perfect for the character.

On the other hand, the Wolfman heads didn't come out quite as well I think. They look CLOSE, but I think the color chosen for the skin is too pale and that throws it off. If the skintone were a darker brown, I think it'd look a ton better.

I'll still probably pick it up, though.
Definitely. The transition from face to hair is just so jarring. And I've seen a lot of complaints about the eyebrows and mustache being added by NECA as well. I'm gonna pick it up, but I really hope this one gets a B&W variant down the line that evens out the head coloring a bit more.
User avatar
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Cafebar Read
Posts: 1627
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Definitely agree on the Wolfman face paint.
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4277
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:25 pm

The more I look at the Wolfman, the more I can't believe how much they missed the mark. His nose should be like 2 tenths a shade darker than the rest of his face. The paint is all wrong. I know we get a fair amount of Wolfman stuff with him having a much lighter face, but the reference material is clear on this... His face should be darker than this.

The "beard" should also come up higher on his face and almost fill in his entire cheek to just under the eye. No need to add the unibrow or mustache if you did that right.

Maybe this will get fixed before the final figure. I want to love it, but it's just not coming together for me.
User avatar
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:15 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah, I also wonder if the eventual B&W version will wind up looking a lot better for the headsculpt. I'm definitely looking at picking this one up just to display the human portrait, tho - that feels really unique for all the Universal Monsters product that's been put out over the years.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:45 pm

ODBJBG wrote:The more I look at the Wolfman, the more I can't believe how much they missed the mark. His nose should be like 2 tenths a shade darker than the rest of his face. The paint is all wrong. I know we get a fair amount of Wolfman stuff with him having a much lighter face, but the reference material is clear on this... His face should be darker than this.

The "beard" should also come up higher on his face and almost fill in his entire cheek to just under the eye. No need to add the unibrow or mustache if you did that right.

Maybe this will get fixed before the final figure. I want to love it, but it's just not coming together for me.
I don't think there's time for them to fix anything, the release date is quite close and i think it's safe to say those are pictures from the actual product, not the prototype...

To me it looks ok, but I'm far from being an expert in the movie looks or anything

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3253
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:53 pm

DeadMallsTellNoTales wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm
Yeah, I also wonder if the eventual B&W version will wind up looking a lot better for the headsculpt. I'm definitely looking at picking this one up just to display the human portrait, tho - that feels really unique for all the Universal Monsters product that's been put out over the years.
I’d nothing else, the black and white version could used with the color wolf parts to get a look similar to the Sideshow PF. Note the face still has plenty of lighter than the fur flesh too, although not nearly as stark.

Image

Makes picking up both versions a little more appealing. Use the Talbot sculpt on one and the wolf parts on the other for a little more variety.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: General NECA Talk

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:25 am

I'd like a clear answer on whether everything will be getting a black and white variant...if not, it's shitty that they led with a black and white release.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:58 am

Here’s some answers randy posted about the B/W and color versions

User avatar
kboe1313
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: General NECA Talk

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:23 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:58 am
Here’s some answers randy posted about the B/W and color versions

It would be nice if Neca felt the same way about the Gargoyles line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”





Recent Topics