General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am

I'm split on the Wolfman. On one hand, I think the Larry Talbot head has a stunning sculpt. The likeness is really close and I love LOVE the expression they chose. It's perfect for the character.

On the other hand, the Wolfman heads didn't come out quite as well I think. They look CLOSE, but I think the color chosen for the skin is too pale and that throws it off. If the skintone were a darker brown, I think it'd look a ton better.

I'll still probably pick it up, though.
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:42 am

Deckard wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
They did a really nice job on them. I understand why but I still can't help but to wish they were at least a little smaller.
I'm with you. I halfway hope NECA releases a little set of unarticulated minis that fit in scale wise with their 7" stuff.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:45 am

DaveB wrote:
Deckard wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
They did a really nice job on them. I understand why but I still can't help but to wish they were at least a little smaller.
I'm with you. I halfway hope NECA releases a little set of unarticulated minis that fit in scale wise with their 7" stuff.
There’s several dozen Gremlins across a decade of releases telling you not to hold your breath.
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am

On that note, I would like some mini Gremlins, too.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:03 am

DaveB wrote:
Same here. I would have been all over that.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:44 am

Deckard wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Same here. I would have been all over that.
Why Neca hasn't made smaller Gremlins and Gizmos scaled with their 7" figs is beyond me

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:44 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am
I'm split on the Wolfman. On one hand, I think the Larry Talbot head has a stunning sculpt. The likeness is really close and I love LOVE the expression they chose. It's perfect for the character.

On the other hand, the Wolfman heads didn't come out quite as well I think. They look CLOSE, but I think the color chosen for the skin is too pale and that throws it off. If the skintone were a darker brown, I think it'd look a ton better.

I'll still probably pick it up, though.
Definitely. The transition from face to hair is just so jarring. And I've seen a lot of complaints about the eyebrows and mustache being added by NECA as well. I'm gonna pick it up, but I really hope this one gets a B&W variant down the line that evens out the head coloring a bit more.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Definitely agree on the Wolfman face paint.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:25 pm

The more I look at the Wolfman, the more I can't believe how much they missed the mark. His nose should be like 2 tenths a shade darker than the rest of his face. The paint is all wrong. I know we get a fair amount of Wolfman stuff with him having a much lighter face, but the reference material is clear on this... His face should be darker than this.

The "beard" should also come up higher on his face and almost fill in his entire cheek to just under the eye. No need to add the unibrow or mustache if you did that right.

Maybe this will get fixed before the final figure. I want to love it, but it's just not coming together for me.
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah, I also wonder if the eventual B&W version will wind up looking a lot better for the headsculpt. I'm definitely looking at picking this one up just to display the human portrait, tho - that feels really unique for all the Universal Monsters product that's been put out over the years.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:45 pm

ODBJBG wrote:The more I look at the Wolfman, the more I can't believe how much they missed the mark. His nose should be like 2 tenths a shade darker than the rest of his face. The paint is all wrong. I know we get a fair amount of Wolfman stuff with him having a much lighter face, but the reference material is clear on this... His face should be darker than this.

The "beard" should also come up higher on his face and almost fill in his entire cheek to just under the eye. No need to add the unibrow or mustache if you did that right.

Maybe this will get fixed before the final figure. I want to love it, but it's just not coming together for me.
I don't think there's time for them to fix anything, the release date is quite close and i think it's safe to say those are pictures from the actual product, not the prototype...

To me it looks ok, but I'm far from being an expert in the movie looks or anything

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:53 pm

DeadMallsTellNoTales wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm
Yeah, I also wonder if the eventual B&W version will wind up looking a lot better for the headsculpt. I'm definitely looking at picking this one up just to display the human portrait, tho - that feels really unique for all the Universal Monsters product that's been put out over the years.
I’d nothing else, the black and white version could used with the color wolf parts to get a look similar to the Sideshow PF. Note the face still has plenty of lighter than the fur flesh too, although not nearly as stark.

Makes picking up both versions a little more appealing. Use the Talbot sculpt on one and the wolf parts on the other for a little more variety.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:25 am

I'd like a clear answer on whether everything will be getting a black and white variant...if not, it's shitty that they led with a black and white release.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:58 am

Here’s some answers randy posted about the B/W and color versions

kboe1313
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:23 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:58 am
Here’s some answers randy posted about the B/W and color versions

It would be nice if Neca felt the same way about the Gargoyles line.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”

Recent Topics