General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm

I've only seen a Starlight at one Walmart, no other Walmart has gotten their exclusives in. One Walmart did finally convert the ever-full arcade cabinet section into the proper collector area though, so that was nice to see. They're still empty but at least they have the space for figures now.
PresidentJuggernaut
Super Poseable

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Found just Homelander at a Nashua, NH Walmart on Friday. There were a few of him, and empty NECA display boxes that could have been Starlight or Frankenstein's Monster, there were no shelf tags for the figures.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:40 pm

been checking my walmarts still have not found any of these here in miami. i'll keep looking, really want homelander so if anything i think i'll need to go more north for them.

at least at my targets i see the 2015 doc and i just saw the kong with plane. no the thing rc though.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:42 pm

Found Frankenstien, Homelander and Starlight in the Buffalo area on Saturday night. A nice surprise. They were at the Amherst location.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Checked a couple Walmarts in Massachusetts yesterday, bupkis.

misterskeezler on Instagram

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 pm

full reveal of the wolfman.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Wow, Wolfman looks excellent! Crap, I wanted the black and white versions, but now I'm tempted to just buy the colored figures just to get them sooner.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:43 pm

wasn't sure where to post this, i manage to find the grapnel gun prop from batman animated. such a cool stoke of luck as i never found the '89 batarang at my stores. before i bought i scan it and was a bit surprised at the price like dang $30 bucks, i wasn't sure if that's the real price or a price walmart put at random. i went back and forth if i should get it or not , so after a few minutes i bought it.

for now i'll hold on to it and see if i can find another walmart that may have one a bit cheaper or online then i'll return the other for a refund.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:wasn't sure where to post this, i manage to find the grapnel gun prop from batman animated. such a cool stoke of luck as i never found the '89 batarang at my stores. before i bought i scan it and was a bit surprised at the price like dang $30 bucks, i wasn't sure if that's the real price or a price walmart put at random. i went back and forth if i should get it or not , so after a few minutes i bought it.

for now i'll hold on to it and see if i can find another walmart that may have one a bit cheaper or online then i'll return the other for a refund.
It is definitely $30.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Nebraska wrote:
NEW BATMAN wrote:wasn't sure where to post this, i manage to find the grapnel gun prop from batman animated. such a cool stoke of luck as i never found the '89 batarang at my stores. before i bought i scan it and was a bit surprised at the price like dang $30 bucks, i wasn't sure if that's the real price or a price walmart put at random. i went back and forth if i should get it or not , so after a few minutes i bought it.

It is definitely $30.

wow ok i guess i'll keep it. by the time walmart put this thing on clearance i'll never find it again and it'll be too late return this one.
thanks for letting me know.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:54 pm

Pulled the trigger on this old Dracula to go on the game shelf. He’s really nice! Much better articulation than I thought he’d have.
Odowan
CROM!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Wow, Wolfman looks great. I wasn't expecting all the Larry Talbot pieces! Guess I'll have to get two to display both ways.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:32 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm
Nebraska wrote:

It is definitely $30.

wow ok i guess i'll keep it. by the time walmart put this thing on clearance i'll never find it again and it'll be too late return this one.
thanks for letting me know.
I feel like I constantly have to make this argument to Star Wars collectors, but if you enjoy these lines, don't try to wait for clearance. If the lines aren't profitable, they won't produce any more. I get that this stuff can be expensive sometimes, but clearance shopping is shortsighted if you want these to continue.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Mister Skeezler wrote:
I feel like I constantly have to make this argument to Star Wars collectors, but if you enjoy these lines, don't try to wait for clearance. If the lines aren't profitable, they won't produce any more. I get that this stuff can be expensive sometimes, but clearance shopping is shortsighted if you want these to continue.
i get what you mean, i honest expected this to be a bit cheaper like $20 bucks seeing how small it is, but you're right.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 pm
Mister Skeezler wrote:
i get what you mean, i honest expected this to be a bit cheaper like $20 bucks seeing how small it is, but you're right.
That's the approach I take to the figure lines. This prop feels more like a one-off, but at the end of the day, if something isn't worth the price to you then don't buy it. I was kind of interested in this particular prop, but the price and lack of sound effects and a proper stand turned me off. It is the kind of thing I would consider if priced cheaper, but I can also live without.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”