General NECA Talk

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: General NECA Talk

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 am

I'm just waiting on the mummy.

misterskeezler on Instagram

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 am

I don’t believe that the main characters (Dracula, Frank, Bride, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature) don’t get both B&W and color versions. Maybe as they start getting into alternate scenes/sequels, they don’t do them all, but I don’t buy the main group not getting the double dip.

No offense to NECA, but their release model for years doesn’t align with skipping the easy repaints.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm

HEY SWEDES!!
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:56 pm

I could see them all getting B&W except maybe Bride, if only because her "color" version is just going to be all B&W anyway. And female figure, least essential of that core group, yadda yadda. If she sells like gangbusters of course, she'll get one too.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:22 pm

So all these new figs were supposed to be out on Father’s Day but they’re clearly already out,what does this mean for the supposed 30 day exclusivity period?? I have one WM in the city and it is ass for NECA stuff,probably gonna have to resort to getting them online.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm

BruceKent wrote:So all these new figs were supposed to be out on Father’s Day but they’re clearly already out,what does this mean for the supposed 30 day exclusivity period?? I have one WM in the city and it is ass for NECA stuff,probably gonna have to resort to getting them online.
Target will have these in a month.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:09 pm

A month after Father’s Day, I assume.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 pm

No different than Target having their Father's Day NECA figures out early.

First people complain about street dates. Now we are complaining about early release? I guess you can't please everyone.

PresidentJuggernaut
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm

They weren't put out early, Father's Day wasn't the intended release date. These releases were tied into Father's Day shopping, adult collector toys that might make a Father's Day gift. Just like other parts of the store that have displays of dopp kits and World's Best Dad t-shirts. The exclusivity window likely began whenever the endcap reset was scheduled to be in place, a few weeks ago. Does that mean preorders will be up exactly 30 days from then, and others stores will have them on shelves? No, the way distribution has been, who knows.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:47 am

The Walmart stuff still isn't here. *sigh*

BTW, read the latest issue of the Alien comic, a cool looking Alien in it that should get a figure soon.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:52 am

The exclusive window for Walmart & Target wasn't Father's DAY. It was for the entire MONTH of June. We should all listen to President Juggernaut. He is wise.

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am

september_death wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 am
I don’t believe that the main characters (Dracula, Frank, Bride, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature) don’t get both B&W and color versions. Maybe as they start getting into alternate scenes/sequels, they don’t do them all, but I don’t buy the main group not getting the double dip.

No offense to NECA, but their release model for years doesn’t align with skipping the easy repaints.
Yep. Exactly my thoughts. (No offence intended from me, either, because it's a model that clearly works and its never a legitimate complaint from any of us.)
Of all the figures to avoid variants of, though- just makes no sense when they're legitimately some of the most warranted.

Suggesting there might a lack of completion in the line sounds like a bit of an error to me, though-
Seen a lot of people suddenly suggest holding back until they see which side gets every release so their lineup corresponds.
(I think I'd be more cautious, too, if I wasn't down for one of each-
Though, oddly, my preference here's actually b/w if I had to pick what gets everything. Never been for b/w figures particularly before, just feels so right with these.)
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:22 pm

I'm in agreement that it's unlikely NECA looks the variant horse in the mouth. From the evidence we have, I think it's probable that everyone gets color versions and the black-and-whites are variants that might not "complete". But really, I don't think it's crazy to expect that the top five or six characters will get both.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:06 pm

I found the Walmart exclusive Frankenstein's Monster at the last Walmart I visited today. The one on Whitlesey Blvd for all you GA residents in close proximity.
I guess they just put them out today after lunch. I think I counted six before I pulled the one I purchased.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 pm

6 sounds like the standard.

Still nothing locally. The closest store doesn't even show on brickseek anymore, but it's close enough I just been checking it every day (less than a mile). Looks like they just don't plan to put anything new there until the old stuff sells.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”