Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri May 07, 2021 6:13 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:21 pm
Visionary wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am
Tell me more. Saw this online but they are not Mythic Legions. Anyone know?
Spoiler! :

This is the Twitter account I'm finding all these images on, but I can't tell if it's one of the designers or just someone following the project closely. It seems like someone working on these judging by how much material they have about them, but I can't find any reference to a company or anything.
They just updated saying pricing maybe within a month.

AMAZING!!!
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 pm

Well [email protected]#$! :shock: I may need that!

Edit: Just saw the prototype with more articulation. Def. want this!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 8:06 pm

That wolf is incredible and would fit in with multiple lines.
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!

Fri May 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Should I be worried I haven't heard anything from them yet? I didn't put in an all in order if that makes a difference
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker

Fri May 07, 2021 11:16 pm

Big Boy Collectibles has the Arethyr wave in stock:
https://bigboycollectibles.com/collecti ... ns-arethyr
naugem
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri May 07, 2021 11:20 pm

deathbunny32 wrote:
Should I be worried I haven't heard anything from them yet? I didn't put in an all in order if that makes a difference
I just got my shipping notification yesterday
Insanity's Peak
Customized

Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 am

deathbunny32 wrote:
Though this is anecdotal, I wouldn't worry just yet.
I just received a notification that my order was picked up yesterday, and I ordered my "all in" set on the last day of the sale.

I'd suspect that they've finished processing the "all in" orders and will be moving on to the rest of the single orders.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Yep, I didn't go all in and should have mine today. So they're definitely moved on to misc orders. I ordered within the first hour too!
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 3:02 pm

I don't think they were shipping all in first this time. I got my order in a week ago & I know people who just bought a single horse who got theirs before that. I don't think their new fulfillment setup is designed to favor any specific type of order.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 pm

According to the guy running fulfilment they did the all ins first, but I'd just have to take his word for it...
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm

The Mcfarlane Geralt has got me contemplating putting together a warhammer fantasy esque little set of figure... so Robo’s coverage of mythic legions on the last weekly made me sit up and take notice.
I’d always assumed they didn’t have much articulation, but after watching a couple of reviews, they have more than I thought. I wondered though if anyone had any suggestions from the currently available/upcoming releases of a good taster figure? Ideally one where the articulation comes together particularly well? Any suggestions/general info/ things to look out for in general welcome!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 pm

Mythic Legions are very articulated! I’d recommend any figure using a basic Knight body. To me, they have the most functional articulation. Like the new Red Shield Soldier knight is a good example.

Here is an old photo I took with test shots that shows some of the articulation capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Probably a more general answer to than you're looking for but you really can't go wrong with any of the figures that appeal to you. The one universal truth ive found with this line is that the figures are always better in hand than how they look online.

The dwarf buck is the most limited from an articulation standpoint if that's what's most important to you.

If I were to suggest one single figure of the stuff coming out soon it would probably be Magnus.

http://sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/entry/magnus

The 1.0 knight body is universally loved. You get multiple heads and weapons and a newer fig showing what the line has to offer right now, but as I said you can't really go wrong with whatever appeals to you visually.

If you want to know what to expect from a negatives standpoint, there's no bicep swivel which imo is really all these figs need to go from superb to unbelievable. The should armor will also limit more dynamic posing too (that's never really bothered me personally). You'll also have a bit of paint chipping in the joints, but that's something that's never really bothered me either.

Ultimately, at $50 bucks they feel like a decent not great value, but if you get in on the pre-order prices I don't think there's anything out there competing on a per-dollar basis, and the upcoming builder wave (which won't be in hand for a while) is downright stupid value when compared to a marvel legends or SW black series figure.

Hope that helps!
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Avon wrote:The Mcfarlane Geralt has got me contemplating putting together a warhammer fantasy esque little set of figure... so Robo’s coverage of mythic legions on the last weekly made me sit up and take notice.
I’d always assumed they didn’t have much articulation, but after watching a couple of reviews, they have more than I thought. I wondered though if anyone had any suggestions from the currently available/upcoming releases of a good taster figure? Ideally one where the articulation comes together particularly well? Any suggestions/general info/ things to look out for in general welcome!
If you're comfortable waiting a bit, your best bet is to order 2-3 figures from the current legion builder pre-order. They're only $26 a pop with a good variety of figure types. So you could get a Templar Knight, Skeleton Warrior & Barbarian or Dwarf for a decent price & try out the line. They're due out by the end of the year & you can order through the end of May.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am

Just went all-in - probably the first time I've ever done that for a pre-order.

Mind you, I'm not feeling the goblin and may sell or trade him. We'll see when I finally have him in hand.

I hope to see my Arethyr order in the next few weeks.

Will there be an in-stock for extras?

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”