Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 am

I called BBTS today to ask about legion builders. They said they have reached customs in the US, but they don't have any news beyond that. I have stuff in my PoL that expires in 30 days and would love to have a crystal ball that tells me if I should ship now or wait.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:20 am

danasty wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm
Jesus, that's a great collection.

Where'd you get the roaring head for Cowarros? I have him, and the only extra head he came with was a goblin or something.
Thanks! It's a custom head painted by Nikki Nicole Chaney. She's a Mythic Legions customizer. I bought it from her at Toy-Lanta this year.

Nikki Nicole is awesome. That's a great piece!

I pulled the trigger and bought Aphareus for my fantasy collection. I'm not a Mythic Legions collector per se, but I do grab the bigger creatures and horses for my overall collection (which is mainly 1:10), and a centaur was too cool to pass up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Ikariniku wrote:Got a shipping notice for my Half-Giant legion builder.

Neat.
Did you order from 4 Horsemen or BBTS?

Samalas
Customized

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:09 am

Grins wrote:
I called BBTS today to ask about legion builders. They said they have reached customs in the US, but they don't have any news beyond that. I have stuff in my PoL that expires in 30 days and would love to have a crystal ball that tells me if I should ship now or wait.
Was about to post if anyone had heard any updates lol.

Went all in on that wave, looking forward to it so much.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Samalas wrote:
Grins wrote:

If I recall correctly, the 4H said the Legion Builders are hitting retailers at the end of October.
gosailor
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:38 pm

Yo. wrote:
Samalas wrote:
Grins wrote:

If I recall correctly, the 4H said the Legion Builders are hitting retailers at the end of October.
You recalled correctly.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Got my moose & Centaur the other morning, and finally had a chance to open them today.

I'm really digging them, and I'm happy that it looks like the moose can have the neck harness off and not look odd.

The only issue thus far is the lowest part of the centaur's right rear leg is a little loose at the joint (the joint before the hoof itself). That will need a little superglue or floor polish treatment if a heat and press doesn't help.
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm

gosailor wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:38 pm
Yo. wrote:
You recalled correctly.
Ah, I had not seen that before. Thank you.
bland
Here comes a new challenger!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:28 pm

An approved vendor here in California told me this weekend that they have had the legion builders for a month but the street date for release has been pushed back to 10/31/22, presumably so they can get the all-ins shipped out complete before folks can grab one off of the shelf.
Samalas
Customized

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:17 am

Yo. wrote:
Samalas wrote:
Grins wrote:

I just noticed he said he called BBTS, not 4H lol. Has 4h had any communication on when to expect all in LB wave to ship?
Ikariniku
HULK SMASH!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:34 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Ikariniku wrote:Got a shipping notice for my Half-Giant legion builder.

Neat.
Did you order from 4 Horsemen or BBTS?

Directly from Store Horsemen. I don't even remember when I bought it. I pick up occasional Mythic Legion figures to fit into other collections. The Half-Giant is a perfect fit for my fantasy themed display.
ShadowBlaze
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:51 am

Half-Giant LB arrived from 4H today. Comparing him to my Ogre LB, I noticed Half-Giant actually has some silver paint hits on the spikes coming off his calves, and the same colour is used for the detachable helm accents. I didn't expect a lot of subtle differences between his helm and Ogre's, but the little plates and panels around the eye-slits have been redesigned and feature new signs of battle-wear. I'm very pleased with him.

I actually got my Illythia order back in July, and that felt like more of a mixed bag. As always, the sculpting and paint are top-notch, but I don't love the heavy use of soft goods. Certainly, the newer parts and character designs are very striking, but some also feel jarringly busy when compared to the simplicity of the earlier figures. Illythia herself looks darn good on the shelf, but there's so much extra stuff hanging off of her that she's not a lot of fun to pose; Artemyss II's new belts and shoulder armour are too cumbersome to allow her weapons to be stored and wielded functionally; Voligar II's head is enormous, while the new torso (without cover from soft-goods) looks undersized by comparison; and Vargg's wings are just too darn back-heavy, even with his lower center of gravity. Decebalus, however, is as amazing as the prototype images have teased, and Vallak, whom I originally thought the least-interesting of my purchases for the wave, is actually my favourite of the standard-size offerings...in spite of his weak ankles.

Following the Illythia and Poxxus waves, I find myself questioning whether my enthusiasm for future Mythic Legions figures might be waning just a bit, but I'm pleased that the Ogre-scale figures have remained solidly appealing and well-executed.
gosailor
Super Poseable

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:15 pm

I just got an email about a Figure Obscura drop tomorrow. I don't have any details other than check storehorsemen at 9 AM EST.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:44 pm

Same, I'm curious to see what this is. I like the idea of Figura Obscura, but I hope they don't all wind up holiday themed.
Samalas
Customized

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:17 am

Coming up on a year since the last 'new' Mythic Legions wave, itching for the next.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”