Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
minitaur
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 am

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:17 am

So I guess we have another two months before BBTS can fulfill preorders? Weird to have a street date for a niche line like this, unless they want to keep pushing people to order direct.
Ordering direct is something like 70% cheaper than retailer price. I don't think they need to give more incentive to order direct.

I suspect it's more to do with fairness amongst their growing list of retailers. If BBTS gets their shipment first, then when Nerdzoic gets them a few weeks later, maybe demand is much lower since people got them from BBTS already.

Although in reality, I'd guess this is more about protecting BBTS than the little retailers because BBTS and DS are super slow to ship anything compared to smaller shops like nerdzoic.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:49 am

minitaur wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

So I guess we have another two months before BBTS can fulfill preorders? Weird to have a street date for a niche line like this, unless they want to keep pushing people to order direct.
Ordering direct is something like 70% cheaper than retailer price. I don't think they need to give more incentive to order direct.

I suspect it's more to do with fairness amongst their growing list of retailers. If BBTS gets their shipment first, then when Nerdzoic gets them a few weeks later, maybe demand is much lower since people got them from BBTS already.

Although in reality, I'd guess this is more about protecting BBTS than the little retailers because BBTS and DS are super slow to ship anything compared to smaller shops like nerdzoic.
Could be, but it’s not like BBTS or really any other site gets stuck with stock it can’t sell — it all moves now. BBTS has been sold out of most Illythia stuff for months now. Any dropped preorders if someone got something earlier would get gobbled up quick.

I don’t recall the whole street date thing being a thing in the past either — part of me thinks you’re on to something, when BBTS got Arethyr months after everyone else. I think that was the one they were just way late on compared to everyone else.

I don’t think the BBTS markup is that bad though, haha. I’m glad that at least there is a hard date so can start stocking away cash out of the next few paychecks.
Samalas
Customized

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:04 am

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:49 am
minitaur wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

Could be, but it’s not like BBTS or really any other site gets stuck with stock it can’t sell — it all moves now. BBTS has been sold out of most Illythia stuff for months now. Any dropped preorders if someone got something earlier would get gobbled up quick.

I don’t recall the whole street date thing being a thing in the past either — part of me thinks you’re on to something, when BBTS got Arethyr months after everyone else. I think that was the one they were just way late on compared to everyone else.

I don’t think the BBTS markup is that bad though, haha. I’m glad that at least there is a hard date so can start stocking away cash out of the next few paychecks.
I can speak to this, it's how I got my Phobus figure reserved lol. Just checked BBTS a few times a day and eventually one was up for preorder, snagged it as fast as I could.

The retail markup should be the same for everyone, not just a BBTS thing.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Well, having gone through a retailer, at least I won't feel the sting of my horses and moose holding up the rest.

Just the sting of wait as a whole. Woo!
gosailor
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:14 pm

MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:19 pm

I'm a noob to Mythic Legions, only have one figure and then a handful pre-ordered from the upcoming waves.I'm curious if anyone can outline what are considered the best/most highly desired older figures that collectors want to see re-released.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:18 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:19 pm
I'm a noob to Mythic Legions, only have one figure and then a handful pre-ordered from the upcoming waves.I'm curious if anyone can outline what are considered the best/most highly desired older figures that collectors want to see re-released.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Honestly, anything that’s from 1.0 and 1.5 and insanely expensive is what people gravitate towards to when it comes to re-releases.

Everything in All-Stars 5 so far has been a $300 or so figure on the aftermarket. I’m not surprised at all to see what has won so far.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:29 pm

Azhar is one of my most-wanted figures, glad to see he made the cut. I'm all in on the demon folks.

I can honestly say I'm okay waiting for the bigger figures to arrive from the direct from 4H shipping - I'm having some... display and storage anxiety at the moment so even if it's delayed a few weeks or a month I'm not feeling rushed right now because I am seriously overwhelmed by what else shipped this month in other lines I collect. I know that's purely a personal thing and feel for the folks chomping at the bit to get their figures, but I could use the breathing room myself.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Is this the last all star fan vote figure for this wave? The original posting I believe said the Top 3 would get made out of the 10, and Azhar is number 3.
Samalas
Customized

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:35 pm

gosailor wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:14 pm
Third pick for AS 5+ is Azhar

https://sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/entry/azhar
Yessss 3/3 now. :D
Roufuss wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:31 pm
Is this the last all star fan vote figure for this wave? The original posting I believe said the Top 3 would get made out of the 10, and Azhar is number 3.
Yep, looks like it's only 3. I dunno why I was thinking it was 4 again. Seems a little low given that there will be 10 figures this wave. Either we're getting more tributes than we ever have before or more brand new figures than I thought we would.
naugem
Super Poseable

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:45 pm

Dang it, so I'm guessing my carded Azhar just lost all its value :lol: :(
minitaur
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:42 am

Bitter sweet on azhar. I want him but he was my fourth choice. I really wanted blue hagnon. I wanted to army build him. I was going to buy like 15 of them, 12 to army build and 3 to swap parts with other skeletons to give other figures a bit of translucent gitd goodness.
twehner31
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:30 am

Psyched to see ol’ Colonel Mustard/Azhar finally made the cut!

I missed out on the 1.0 KS. I believe this guy was still available on BBTS when talk of the first All-Stars Wave was being initiated. I inferred that ALL of the 1.0 figs would see re-issues- just didn’t realize that meant over the next decade or so.

By the time I decided to nab him just in case, I had missed my window.

Hope your bluey/glowy Hagnon gets some love in the not-too-distant future!
Samalas
Customized

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:56 pm

With 2-3 new figures coming this wave I'm just going to hype myself up and get ready for the disappointment.

https://www.sourcehorsemen.com/updates/ ... focus-otho
We are aware of our fans’ requests to rerelease Otho, but many of those fans would be surprised to discover that Otho was indeed eligible for inclusion back when we did the vote for All Stars 2. Not only did he not make it in, he actually didn’t even come close.

By the time we were preparing the vote for All Stars 3 (and again for All Stars 4), we decided to eliminate Otho from the running. We did the same for a number of other important, named characters in the line. This was deliberate, because it was around this time that we began considering NEW and improved versions of existing characters!
itshappening.gif
Samalas
Customized

Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:33 am

My Illythia figures are about to arrive. Looks like they were packaged back on the 7th but I only just got the shipping information, last update was in my city so wouldn't surprise me if I get the Monday. Heads up for everyone. :)

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”