Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:42 am

I imagine selling parts would be a logistics nightmare. And probably not worth the effort financially. Probably better financially to only offer painted figures and "make" customers buy a more expensive product even if they're going to repaint it.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:18 am

They do gray “test shots” already but are usually limited to 12 each or something and are sold as special figures. I think they have been doing it for awhile now?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Sir Girard is also up!
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:06 pm

Shocked to see Sir Girard — glad I checked out the sale early, I can't imagine he's gonna last long.
Samalas
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:07 pm

Was not expecting a surprise Sir Gerard there this morning.

Got everything I wanted, all within like 3 minutes. I started posting here after the switch, but man the process is -so- much easier on Shopify when compared to their old store. I'd be sitting here refreshing, loading, putting in information for 30-40 minutes on the old store trying to place an order with how bad it was at handling the sudden rush of traffic.
BeefCake Head
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Could only add 4 Barbarians to order...anyone else have that issue?

Was able to add another order, but had to open in incognito window as my cart kept showing my previous purchase.
EL RAPHA
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 pm

BeefCake Head wrote:
At first, it would only let me add one of each, so I had to make two separate orders in a rush for fear of a sell-out. The second time, I was able to add three Barbarians, but only one of the others. Not sure why that happened since I don't remember seeing that there was a limit on anything.
Samalas
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm

BeefCake Head wrote:

Was able to add another order, but had to open in incognito window as my cart kept showing my previous purchase.
I'm not going through with processing but I just added 8 to my cart to check and all 8 went through.
gosailor
HULK SMASH!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:23 pm

EL RAPHA wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 pm
BeefCake Head wrote:
At first, it would only let me add one of each, so I had to make two separate orders in a rush for fear of a sell-out. The second time, I was able to add three Barbarians, but only one of the others. Not sure why that happened since I don't remember seeing that there was a limit on anything.
limit is 12 per figure for the first 24 hours
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:18 am
They do gray “test shots” already but are usually limited to 12 each or something and are sold as special figures. I think they have been doing it for awhile now?
Yes, the test shots have been around since the beginning, releasing months before the first Kickstarter figures came out. They sold ten of each figure for the first Kickstarter, Advent of Decay and Coliseum waves. Siege at Bjorngar was 20 of each. I don't know if they ever revealed how many of each for the Wasteland/Soul Spiller/Trolls/Horses release. More than the sold amounts were produced, as they often gave some away during later events, but a total has never been made public.

It's sort of amazing to see how popular Mythic Legions has become. The initial test shot sale, which was the first ever sale of in-stock Mythic Legions figures, lasted for around 2 weeks if I'm remembering correctly.

I think another test shot sale may be coming soon-ish as I've seen a test shot figure not included in any of the public sales to date. (Though, it's quite possible it was sold at an in-person event that I was unaware of.)
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:35 pm

Just checked out and the process was pretty much flawless. No waiting for reloads and items remained in my cart throughout final checkout. I even had time to look for my credit card while items were in my cart (I know rookie mistake). Ended up with 2 Barbarians, 2 goblins and 1 dwarf. I originally was going to get three dwarves but since I've never bought a dwarf before, I figured I should just try out one first. I may regret not getting more if I really like the dwarf body and they're sold out. Anyway, good job 4H on making the shopping process remarkably better. Now, if we can just work on your shipping rates.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Indeed, it was an excellent buying experience.

I got what I wanted & then went back before check out to the main page & saw Sir Girard so I readjusted my order.

Went heavy on the Black Knights since they looked great.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:09 pm

Smooth experience, but I did have the inventory/cart issue where adding something from checkout wasn't registering. And even after buying, my cart still shows as before the purchase. Deleting it all and reopening my browser fixed it for a second order.

Happy to get my Goblins and Barbarians.
gosailor
HULK SMASH!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Smooth transaction and checkout...
https://youtu.be/KT23uB5XaXg?t=11
m.a.(borgatel-lord)
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:55 pm

Hello everyone!! I always keep one eye on this line since I'm really into this kind of collectibles, especially if we're talking about warriors,elves, barbarians,orcs, ect..(and dwarves, don't forget the glorious dwarven folks!!) but since I'm familiar with past masterpieces made by the 4Guys, I cannot avoid to complain about the poor mechanics and lack of articulations...just to make an example, do you remember the "Seventh Kingdom -Council of cats"?? those (cat)ladies were so badass!! I know, some of them had few quality issues, but look at the set of joints (and the price was so much lower, if I am not mistaken)
[

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”