Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:04 pm

I actually got Fedex notification about the All Stars but wouldn't have had any idea what was shipping if not for this thread - that one 100% fell off my radar given it's such a low-key wave.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 pm

I think when they reuse the dragon guy body, he’ll have a different head. The 4H seem to limit reusing character heads.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:22 am

TonyStark517 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 pm
Had a package from Four Horseman this morning I wasn't expecting and initially wondered if they physically ran Krampus over from last night's sale, which seemed astounding to say the least.

Opened it to realize it was my All Stars 4 wave I had forgotten all about. I don't think I got any shipping notice so a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one. Now I just need to find an un-helmeted head for Sir Owain...
Just had All-Stars Wave 4 show up for me via USPS too, no tracking number at all.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:03 am

Same here. Glad to have them, especially since my last 2 went to the wrong address. I'll take the right house over tracking any day, haha.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:46 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:Same here. Glad to have them, especially since my last 2 went to the wrong address. I'll take the right house over tracking any day, haha.
This makes me really nervous, as I moved in September. I changed my address with them & got email confirmation that I was good to go, but if for some reason they ship it to the apartment with no tracking, I'll have no way of knowing! And back when the Avian wave shipped, they did ship it to a previous address despite having changed well in advance. I had to go track those down myself...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:03 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:46 am
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:Same here. Glad to have them, especially since my last 2 went to the wrong address. I'll take the right house over tracking any day, haha.
This makes me really nervous, as I moved in September. I changed my address with them & got email confirmation that I was good to go, but if for some reason they ship it to the apartment with no tracking, I'll have no way of knowing! And back when the Avian wave shipped, they did ship it to a previous address despite having changed well in advance. I had to go track those down myself...

I would email them ASAP.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:27 am

Well that worry was the shortest lived stress ever! USPS just dropped off the 3 figures from the All Star wave I ordered, whew!

Samalas
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:35 am

docsilence wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:04 pm
I actually got Fedex notification about the All Stars but wouldn't have had any idea what was shipping if not for this thread - that one 100% fell off my radar given it's such a low-key wave.
I was actually really looking forward to it lol. All of the figures were from before I got into the line, so they may as well have been 'new' to me.

I guess I'm kinda use to the super long wait between announce and release given I collect SHF/Mezco as well, but I totally understand forgetting after a year long wait. Illythia should be soon right?
Ziero01

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:47 am

I actually got my All Stars in the other day. No notice or anything, just a box on my porch after coming home from lunch. It was a nice surprise, especially since I really haven't messed with my Legions figures in a long while and I forgot just how fun these guys are.

I only grabbed Vitus, Owain and Not-Stinkor, the first two being huge omissions from my collection from the initial run that I've regretted missing out on for years. Even though they're sort of bland and generic compared to the newer stuff coming out, both of em quickly became favorites of mine, and all they needed was just the smallest of unique gear swapped on to em.

The Skunk is ok though, I love the face but the rest of the armor kind of clashes and I'm not super keen on his weapons. I need to find some nice bits to swap onto him to help make him really feel unique.

minitaur wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 am
I guess. If you have email notifications sent to your phone. I get hundreds of emails each day and do not want notifications on my phone, collecting toys is only a smallish part of my life. If you have email notifications for toy drops going to your phone, that makes you a more hardcore collector.
As someone who doesn't even own a smartphone, it really wasn't too bad of a process getting informed about this figure. I signed up to their newsletter and it shows up in my email. I check my email once every other day or so on a desktop PC and there's all the info about this figure I needed right in hand. No special notifications or actively hawking toy news sites, just good ol' newsletter circulations.

Didn't actually buy the figure itself though, it's cool and all but I have no interest in holiday themed characters. But seeing as they wanted to sell this *on* the actual Krampus holiday AND have it hit people's doorsteps before Xmas, I can understand the short notices for everything.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 am

Saw the email about a sale and ignored it, way too early to wake up for something I haven't seen or possibly have no desire for.
Saw people posting pictures of Krampus here and IG while I was at work and saw there was a second sale.
Set an alarm, logged on and purchased.
Didn't even notice it was "in stock" til just after I purchased.

Afro_Samurai

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 am

Got Mephitor and Sir Owain two days ago. Great figures. Mephitor (MOTU - Stinkor) is very small, but packed with articulation. He looks great in person. He also sizes well with TMNT figs. He stands about 5.3." 13.5cm.
ImageImage
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Great pics of Mephitor. The base body he uses, Thistlethorn, is one of my all-time favorites from Mythic Legions. I don't think Thistlethorn has ever been in storage. He just sort of lives on the shelf forever.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:53 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 pm
I think when they reuse the dragon guy body, he’ll have a different head. The 4H seem to limit reusing character heads.
Definitely this; If anyone for sure wants this headsculpt then I'd say yeah buy now. I do think we'll see other dragon headed creatures consistently, though. And that's a big part of the appeal for me with MLs. There's tons of reuse but they hide it well enough and the heads go a long way to help.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:34 am

Cracked open most of my All-Star figures that arrived this afternoon and I gotta say, this is the best paint work I've seen in a few waves. Everything is absolutely perfect.

I do appreciate how great their figures look even when they're at the simplest. Vitus just POPS and he's what, a few colors and bare arms and legs?

Still can't figure out the bloody capes on these things to save my life, though, never have, never will.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:43 pm

Not figure related per se, but 4H finally put out some what I would call VERY reasonable limitations on third-party use of their IP. I don't follow the customizers' discussion groups much, but I wonder if they'll get any irrational pushback. I have to do a bit of IP defense myself for my own original work and see a LOT of my colleagues get shredded for asking for even the most basic limits by folks using their stuff, but US IP law is so weird in that you've got to prove you've defended it or you'll eventually lose it entirely. I'm not surprised it took them this long to institute something, but good for them for working hard to make sure customizers can keep doing their thing while protecting their work from mass production. (I've seen so many good-hearted creators get absolutely obliterated by their fans for asking for this basic level of respect for their IPs...)

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/updates/n ... ns-figures

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”