Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Samalas
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:08 am

minitaur wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 am
I’m the only dissenter so far to say I did not like this process. I don’t use Facebook and try not to check email on weekends. I happened to check my email this afternoon, saw this, freaked out, set an alarm for 8pm eastern, rearranged my schedule to be home instead of going out and doing what I had planned. And worried for a few hours if I’d be able to get one.

I did score one, but the anxiety was real.

The reason I got into Mythic Legions is because I hate exclusives and hard to find figures from most other lines. The 6 week preorder window is great because even if I check toy news once a month, I’ll still get in.

This now means I’ll have to check toy news at least once daily. The anxiety doesn’t cause hype.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great figure, it’s cool that it’s in stock, and I’m glad to have gotten one. Here’s what would have fixed it for me. Do what they did but also open a preorder for 12 to 18 months that lasts 4 to 6 weeks like usual preorders. So if you are super hard core and check the news daily, you can get it now, and if you’re a casual like me, you can still get it, just won’t be as fast. So you reward the hardcores without penalizing the casuals too much.

Right now the penalty for being a casual is paying an extra $100 to $150 for the figure from a scalper off eBay. That’s a high penalty not only in money, but also in the knowledge that you’re supporting scalpers. I’d rather the penalty for being a casual follower of news to be that I have to wait an extra year for the figure.
You are making so much more out of this than needed lol.

This was my process yesterday:

Notification on my phone
Email from FH
Sale Saturday Sunday!
Oh neat
Wake up and buy figure at allotted time

That was all of 30 seconds of effort from me lol. I even overslept the 9am window and he was still available 30 minutes after the fact. It's not like they're saying "Hey, there's going to be a sale some point this weekend so keep an eye out!" where you have to camp their store the entire time.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:15 am

"The reason I got into Mythic Legions is because I hate exclusives and hard to find figures from most other lines."

Not the best line for that, I say as someone who has wheeled and dealed and overpaid to get retired characters.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 am

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 am
http://sourcehorsemen.com/figura-obscura

Cool read about the design process and some info about the Figura Obscura line as a whole. Probably should get it’s own thread since it’s not a Legions product and a new, third line for the 4H.
Figura Obscura sounds very intriguing and I’m excited to see what they come up with. Has a hint of Cryptozoology to it but on a more Mythic scale.

I’m trying to come up with ideas but it’s not easy.

Santa The Barbarian
The Headless Horsemen?
The Father of Time
Cthulhu/Mindflayers
Death?
Gorgons
Harpies
minitaur
Customized

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 am

Samalas wrote:

Notification on my phone
Email from FH
Sale Saturday Sunday!
Oh neat

That was all of 30 seconds of effort from me lol. I even overslept the 9am window and he was still available 30 minutes after the fact. It's not like they're saying "Hey, there's going to be a sale some point this weekend so keep an eye out!" where you have to camp their store the entire time.
I guess. If you have email notifications sent to your phone. I get hundreds of emails each day and do not want notifications on my phone, collecting toys is only a smallish part of my life. If you have email notifications for toy drops going to your phone, that makes you a more hardcore collector.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:27 am

Managed to get an all-in order in the second round of ordering. I thought I was still on the newsletter of the 4H but I guess not. Missed the original announcement so I was glad I still managed to grab Krampus. I have to imagine a Saint Nick will happen sooner or later, probably next year to go with Krampus.

I love the idea of a Headless Horseman. With their steed buck now, that’s a real possibility.

I wonder if we’ll get more Holiday themed figures like Leprechauns, Cupid, Uncle Sam, etc or if they’re going to be more mythic folklore figures like Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, fairies, etc Could go either way or both I suppose.
Samalas

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:41 am

minitaur wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 am
Samalas wrote:

Notification on my phone
Email from FH
Sale Saturday Sunday!
Oh neat

I guess. If you have email notifications sent to your phone. I get hundreds of emails each day and do not want notifications on my phone, collecting toys is only a smallish part of my life. If you have email notifications for toy drops going to your phone, that makes you a more hardcore collector.
I don't have notifications for toy drops, just emails in general lol. The only thing toy related I get is if FH sends out some kind of newsletter like once a month, and then a weekly promotional advert from BBTS that I almost always ignore.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpgn3vj9o84

Apparently you want to be careful putting the tail in, as it could tear since the hole is very tight and the tail is soft rubber. I hope they included some warning in the box for people that don't see this vid.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Was this Krampus even announced prior to Sunday? Because I didn't hear about it until after the first sale. Thankfully, I had time to buy one during the second sale but it seems like there was no word of this until it went on sale. I already follow a number of toy sites yet was caught unaware. Was the info freely available in the Mythic Legions circles?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:38 pm

There was an email sent Friday. I normally don't receive Four Horsemen emails, but I actually received this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 pm

Had a package from Four Horseman this morning I wasn't expecting and initially wondered if they physically ran Krampus over from last night's sale, which seemed astounding to say the least.

Opened it to realize it was my All Stars 4 wave I had forgotten all about. I don't think I got any shipping notice so a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one. Now I just need to find an un-helmeted head for Sir Owain...
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:55 pm

I ended up forgetting about the 8 p.m. second sale (is it more nerdy or less nerdy that I missed an action figure sale because I was running a game of D&D?) but considering the total price with shipping, probably for the best. I was on the fence since I prefer neutral faces on figures anyway, but I do like Krampus folklore and might have gone for it if I'd been online when he went back on sale.
Nebraska wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:38 pm
There was an email sent Friday. I normally don't receive Four Horsemen emails, but I actually received this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I usually find 4H emails in my spam folder when I clear it out every so often. I keep pushing it back out as non-spam but gmail, at least, does not like their emails and flags them every few messages for me. Neither Krampus messages got flagged for me.
Samalas

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:21 pm

TonyStark517 wrote:
Had a package from Four Horseman this morning I wasn't expecting and initially wondered if they physically ran Krampus over from last night's sale, which seemed astounding to say the least.

Opened it to realize it was my All Stars 4 wave I had forgotten all about. I don't think I got any shipping notice so a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one. Now I just need to find an un-helmeted head for Sir Owain...

I had the same thing happen. No tracking update at all, but it was on my porch today. It was apparently shipped back on Nov 19th. Really wish I'd get the tracking number so I could actually loon out for them lol.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm

How likely is it that they'll offer a Aracagorr (the dragon warrior) in red later on? I'd only want one of these guys and if it's unlikely to come in alternate colors, I may just preorder him now.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
How likely is it that they'll offer a Aracagorr (the dragon warrior) in red later on? I'd only want one of these guys and if it's unlikely to come in alternate colors, I may just preorder him now.
If there's anything you can count 4H for it's reuse. I'd be SHOCKED if this thing wasn't rereleased in all colors (Pennywise voice). I have a set of the blue Arethyr wave wings I couldn't find something I wanted to use on and now I've got that behemoth to look forward to. Hopefully they don't look puny on him but yeah. Sign me up for red for sure. Maybe green. Ooooo gold too. Black? Yeah. What about...
Samalas wrote:
TonyStark517 wrote:

I had the same thing happen. No tracking update at all, but it was on my porch today. It was apparently shipped back on Nov 19th. Really wish I'd get the tracking number so I could actually loon out for them lol.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I guess this way wasn't terrible as I'd honestly forgotten about this wave. Partly with only ordering 3 figures and just the volume of other stuff going on. Less to worry about I guess.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 pm

TonyStark517 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
If there's anything you can count 4H for it's reuse. I'd be SHOCKED if this thing wasn't rereleased in all colors (Pennywise voice). I have a set of the blue Arethyr wave wings I couldn't find something I wanted to use on and now I've got that behemoth to look forward to. Hopefully they don't look puny on him but yeah. Sign me up for red for sure. Maybe green. Ooooo gold too. Black? Yeah. What about...
Thanks for providing some clarification! I figured that to be the case, but wanted to ask. I'll hold off for now.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”