Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Ziero01
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm

The last thing I was expecting from this sale was a brand new figure from a brand new line, with a new molded head sold in stock. There's a lot to like about this entire situation, even if you don't like the figure itself (I'm meh on the Krampus thing). The double drop times, the item limits, the idea that the 4H are willing to release figures, with new parts, in-stock instead of as a year+ pre-order, these are all really good things.

I love the big waves being unlimited pre-orders, but for re-releases, legion builders and one off figures, just having them in hand and ready to ship is just the best.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:59 pm

That head is Magnificent!
I want to put it on a Marvel Legends Beast body, the non furry body kills it for me.

Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:33 am

How much was just Krampus?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:43 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:33 am
How much was just Krampus?
Came out to 67 shipped or so.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 am

Ordered Krampus. It would be really cool if he arrived before X-Mas, but I don't think that is a reality.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Got the all in Holiday pack before it sold out. Wish he would come before Christmas but not a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:08 am

Got my order in on the second drop!
Price is a lil steep, but the "in stock" really pulled me in. Getting this in hand soon instead of waiting a year or longer like other Legions was a real incentive.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 am

Nebraska wrote:
Ordered Krampus. It would be really cool if he arrived before X-Mas, but I don't think that is a reality.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I don’t see why he wouldn’t, depending on the shipping speed. He is in-stock, begins shipping this week.

I spent a few dollars more to do Priority because FedEx delays everything a minimum of two weeks for me these days. If they ship this week, I could have it as early as next week.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:36 am

I love Krampus and think this figure looks absolutely fantastic.

Went to check out during the second drop, and chickened out when I saw the shipping price. It's really cool, but in the end, I just couldn't bring myself to spend almost $70 on it.

Kudos to the 4H though for actually making it a fun, easy experience for everyone.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:40 am

It said in stock and shipping soon and the only shipping options were both 3 days.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 am

http://sourcehorsemen.com/figura-obscura

Cool read about the design process and some info about the Figura Obscura line as a whole. Probably should get it’s own thread since it’s not a Legions product and a new, third line for the 4H.
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:52 am

Already regret getting FedEx over USPS but I was hurrying in checkout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:53 am

Caved and ordered Krampus after initially passing. I'll work him into my Black Series Holiday display or something.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:54 am

I originally put it in my cart at the first sale but decided against it.

FOMO got the better of me so I grabbed one on the second sale.

Just short of $100aud with the shipping
minitaur
Customized

Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 am

I’m the only dissenter so far to say I did not like this process. I don’t use Facebook and try not to check email on weekends. I happened to check my email this afternoon, saw this, freaked out, set an alarm for 8pm eastern, rearranged my schedule to be home instead of going out and doing what I had planned. And worried for a few hours if I’d be able to get one.

I did score one, but the anxiety was real.

The reason I got into Mythic Legions is because I hate exclusives and hard to find figures from most other lines. The 6 week preorder window is great because even if I check toy news once a month, I’ll still get in.

This now means I’ll have to check toy news at least once daily. The anxiety doesn’t cause hype.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great figure, it’s cool that it’s in stock, and I’m glad to have gotten one. Here’s what would have fixed it for me. Do what they did but also open a preorder for 12 to 18 months that lasts 4 to 6 weeks like usual preorders. So if you are super hard core and check the news daily, you can get it now, and if you’re a casual like me, you can still get it, just won’t be as fast. So you reward the hardcores without penalizing the casuals too much.

Right now the penalty for being a casual is paying an extra $100 to $150 for the figure from a scalper off eBay. That’s a high penalty not only in money, but also in the knowledge that you’re supporting scalpers. I’d rather the penalty for being a casual follower of news to be that I have to wait an extra year for the figure.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”