Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
dayraven
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 am

Otho needs an update badly.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:45 pm

OneSix_Shooter (https://www.instagram.com/onesix_shooter/) is going to have an in-hand look at the new Attila and Gorgo figures tonight, 9:30 p.m. EDT during his Mythic Mondays broadcast on Instagram.
TonyStark517
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:12 am

TheFallen wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:17 am
Now that Attila and Gorgo are getting updated 2.0 figures are there any others you'd like to see get 2.0 versions?
Really any of the first Kickstarter figures would be fine with me. I didn't get into the line until Advent of Decay. Though I do hope future updates are more akin to the Baron Volligar we got recently where it could functionality be another character for anyone who has the original.

Makes double dipping easier and newbies still get an awesome figure.
jokerjester
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:02 am

Never got the chance to get Attila during KS 1. Also, sold my original Gorgo so I can afford some figures from the Arethyr wave. I am so excited to get this 2 pack.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:40 am

Well there goes my complete ML collection. I might pass on these.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:49 am

Visionary wrote:
I'm impressed that you have everything else. Can you elaborate as to why these would be the first you would pass on?
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:42 am

christianpyro wrote:
Visionary wrote:
I'm impressed that you have everything else. Can you elaborate as to why these would be the first you would pass on?
You know I guess I’m just kinda tired of Kickstarters,GoFunds,Crowdfunds, and soft redos on variants. I know the heads and shields are new but I guess these don’t wow me enough to buy in. Maybe if they were put up separately in the 4H store I’d bite but not like this.I really don’t care about the game either.

Plus there’s ALOT of cool competition going on these days for that fantasy figure money like the Xesray line and the Coffin figures.
Samalas
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 am

Man that preview of Attila wasn't nearly as golden as I was expecting. Hopefully it's because it's a very early figure, onesix even said things like the pauldrons weren't designed to attach properly yet, but its so much more muted than in the pics.

Visionary wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:42 am
christianpyro wrote:
Visionary wrote:
You know I guess I’m just kinda tired of Kickstarters,GoFunds,Crowdfunds, and soft redos on variants. I know the heads and shields are new but I guess these don’t wow me enough to buy in. Maybe if they were put up separately in the 4H store I’d bite but not like this.I really don’t care about the game either.

Plus there’s ALOT of cool competition going on these days for that fantasy figure money like the Xesray line and the Coffin figures.
I mean looking at the Kickstarter I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way lol. 7 people have backed the base game, 8 the deluxe. And 926 for the two pack lol.

I'll always support them, I want them to succeed, but if it wasn't for the Deluxe Builders in the private campaign and the two pack in this, I'd have just shrugged it off. I feel like if they wanted to go with the worldbuilding of ML a comic series would have been excellent for it. It's different though and I can appreciate that.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:06 am

Considering how long it took them to complete the comic from the initial Kickstarter I can see why they are doing the game, it would come out quicker :lol:

I’m not interested in the game myself but it seems, to me, that this is more of a fan generated creation that has evolved in to this game in an official capacity. Someone with more knowledge than I would be able to state either or.
Samalas
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 am

So it sounds like Arethyr is going to be in this Fridays in stock sale? If so, hope I can snag him. Wasn't into the line when it was up for preorder, and didn't want to go in on retail prices.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:21 pm

Samalas wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 am
So it sounds like Arethyr is going to be in this Fridays in stock sale? If so, hope I can snag him. Wasn't into the line when it was up for preorder, and didn't want to go in on retail prices.
Yea, the email says it’s very limited quantities, with more coming in a few weeks.

Super jazzed about being able to get some of these for $35 and cancel my $50 BBTS preorders. The horses came in to BBTS but nothing else from this wave yet.
Mooselander
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:40 pm

When does the sale start today, same time as usual, like 3 eastern?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Got nothing, most stuff sold out in about a minute. Really wonder why they aren’t just doing a proper instock sale.

Guess overpaying by a bit at BBTS it is.

On that note, people are dropping their preorders at BBTS as a result of this sale, in case anyone wants to grab a preorder. Just saw Hadriana flicker back to preorder from sold out at BBTS.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Wow, managed to get Magnus and Aethon. First time I've scored on a Friday sale. Thought maybe they had more on hand than usual but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I too think it's weird they aren't doing the proper in-stock sale.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:07 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:05 pm
Wow, managed to get Magnus and Aethon. First time I've scored on a Friday sale. Thought maybe they had more on hand than usual but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I too think it's weird they aren't doing the proper in-stock sale.
I got way too greedy and tried to get the entire wave minus the horses lol. The time it took to go back to my cart when one figure sold out would cause another to sell out.

After the third figure sold out I just closed the tab and will just keep waiting for BBTS.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”