Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Joel
FIB
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Mon May 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Dormammu wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am
Just went all-in - probably the first time I've ever done that for a pre-order.

Mind you, I'm not feeling the goblin and may sell or trade him. We'll see when I finally have him in hand.

I hope to see my Arethyr order in the next few weeks.

Will there be an in-stock for extras?
There will be. Jeremy Girard has said a few times for people to hold off on getting them on the secondary market since there will be ISS soon(ish).
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Patience is typically an absolute virtue with this line.
naugem
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm

There better be, or I'll be hitting myself over the head for not getting a Belphegorr with my pre-sale order :cry:

I also feel the new goblin is probably the least interesting figure of the new wave. It may have to do with the fact that other than the head, there are no newer parts on him. But the head does look pretty cool, so depending on how it looks on hand, I might keep it as is, or turn him into a dwarf.
Count Drunkula
I wish I had super powers

Tue May 11, 2021 1:06 am

Finally got my second order (the first has not shipped) that FedEx spent the last 2 weeks teasing me with. Order consists of a couple figures I hemmed and hawed over and finally decided I had the funds for after ordering just Arethyr/Aethon and Magnus. It consists of Balius, Belphegorr and a set of red wings. I don't think I have ever been so incredibly happy I caved on buying more toys after passing them up the first time. If you can lay hands on Belphegorr, do it. Yes, I know he mostly re-used parts. Do it anyway.
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 am

I got my demon horse set & goblin. Inside the shipping box was an inch-long oblong red rubber piece with two holes through it. i don't know if it's supposed to go with any of them. Any ideas what it is?
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 10:55 am

It's to cover the gap in the neck of the horse. You need to pop the head off you put that between the head and neck.
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 am

Has anyone heard from Four Horsemen if the shipping fees are intended to be so high? For example I noticed if I order the legion builder wave All-in plus a couple extra figures, it actually adds the shipping fee for both independently. I.e., it’s charging shipping as if they don’t combine shipping for multiple items and instead ship them separately. Just wondering if that’s a bug or if it’s intentional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 5:07 am

Lately, it seems they break up shipping between All-In sets and any additional items. That’s how Arethyr shipped.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:59 pm
If you're comfortable waiting a bit, your best bet is to order 2-3 figures from the current legion builder pre-order. They're only $26 a pop with a good variety of figure types. So you could get a Templar Knight, Skeleton Warrior & Barbarian or Dwarf for a decent price & try out the line. They're due out by the end of the year & you can order through the end of May.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:40 pm
Probably a more general answer to than you're looking for but you really can't go wrong with any of the figures that appeal to you. The one universal truth ive found with this line is that the figures are always better in hand than how they look online.

The dwarf buck is the most limited from an articulation standpoint if that's what's most important to you.

If I were to suggest one single figure of the stuff coming out soon it would probably be Magnus.

http://sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/entry/magnus

The 1.0 knight body is universally loved. You get multiple heads and weapons and a newer fig showing what the line has to offer right now, but as I said you can't really go wrong with whatever appeals to you visually.

If you want to know what to expect from a negatives standpoint, there's no bicep swivel which imo is really all these figs need to go from superb to unbelievable. The should armor will also limit more dynamic posing too (that's never really bothered me personally). You'll also have a bit of paint chipping in the joints, but that's something that's never really bothered me either.

Ultimately, at $50 bucks they feel like a decent not great value, but if you get in on the pre-order prices I don't think there's anything out there competing on a per-dollar basis, and the upcoming builder wave (which won't be in hand for a while) is downright stupid value when compared to a marvel legends or SW black series figure.

Hope that helps!
Akatsuki wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 pm
Mythic Legions are very articulated! I’d recommend any figure using a basic Knight body. To me, they have the most functional articulation. Like the new Red Shield Soldier knight is a good example.

Here is an old photo I took with test shots that shows some of the articulation capabilities.

Thanks all, that’s super-useful! I’m in the UK which makes the horsemen’s store not an option, unfortunately, so no direct preorder prices for me.

After binging on reviews and your posts, I think I’ll pick up the upcoming legion builder skeleton and maybe dark Templar. I’m also pretty tempted to pick up lord bardric - the ‘skirt’ and hair and puffy upper arms/legs look like they might reduce range of motion, but I get strong 90s warhammer wood elf feels from him! Also a bit tempted by the female all black vampire. Torgun Redfin is exactly what I’m after looks wise, but that body seems more on the restricted side. At least, that’s what I’m going to keep telling myself, as the only copy I found in the UK/without crazy postage from the US just went out of stock…

The mcfarlane figures generally don’t have great range out of the box, but they’re really amenable to modding (eg dremelling a channel in the torso ball joint to get more range). Out of interest, is that something that’s likely possible with these figures? I’m sure I’ll have an experiment anyway.

Thanks again!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 6:52 am

Talking about how to get started with this line made me go back and look at how I go into it myself and think about how I'd recommend someone start now. I really went about it all wrong - I fell in love with the Cowarros/Battlecat homage and pre-ordered him, then thought I'd be mad at myself if I had him and not a He-Man homage, so I stalked Adamonn for months waiting for the pre-order. Managed to get a used and sort of rough around the edges Adamonn, and it makes me realize my best advice for this line would be: get one figure, preferably from an in-stock sale or even at BBTS upcharged prices, just as a test run, but pick one in a style you'd really love. Like orcs? Get an orc. Like knights? Any 1.0 knight will do. But aim for someone who can stand on their own as a one-off in case you don't want to invest (and don't get someone who will pull you into more collecting too soon like I did!).

In the end, though, Adamonn is, though he doesn't have the best articulation, he's got that weird Mythic Legions feature of flaking paint in the joints, he's just a little bit crosseyed, his arms look a little too small for his body... still my favorite figure. He (and Cowarros, and I even went out and found an equally used, not mint Keltuss) has never been in storage. The other figures rotate out on display, but those three never go away.

Pretty sure after that I picked away at figures when I could get a deal on eBay, the Dark Elf warrior generic, dumb-lucked my way into a Halmyr for about $50 bucks not realizing how hard he was to find. Halmyr blew me away even though the dwarves are a little short on articulation. I didn't think anyone could do dwarves like this.

Okay, Thistlethorn and Ba'lam never go into storage either, but man I love their non-human figures!
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 pm

Avon wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 am
The mcfarlane figures generally don’t have great range out of the box, but they’re really amenable to modding (eg dremelling a channel in the torso ball joint to get more range). Out of interest, is that something that’s likely possible with these figures? I’m sure I’ll have an experiment anyway.

Thanks again!
There is a huge customizing community for this line. If you have facebook join the "Mythic Legions Cabal".
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu May 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Avon wrote:
FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:59 pm
If you're comfortable waiting a bit, your best bet is to order 2-3 figures from the current legion builder pre-order. They're only $26 a pop with a good variety of figure types. So you could get a Templar Knight, Skeleton Warrior & Barbarian or Dwarf for a decent price & try out the line. They're due out by the end of the year & you can order through the end of May.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:40 pm
Probably a more general answer to than you're looking for but you really can't go wrong with any of the figures that appeal to you. The one universal truth ive found with this line is that the figures are always better in hand than how they look online.

The dwarf buck is the most limited from an articulation standpoint if that's what's most important to you.

If I were to suggest one single figure of the stuff coming out soon it would probably be Magnus.

http://sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/entry/magnus

The 1.0 knight body is universally loved. You get multiple heads and weapons and a newer fig showing what the line has to offer right now, but as I said you can't really go wrong with whatever appeals to you visually.

If you want to know what to expect from a negatives standpoint, there's no bicep swivel which imo is really all these figs need to go from superb to unbelievable. The should armor will also limit more dynamic posing too (that's never really bothered me personally). You'll also have a bit of paint chipping in the joints, but that's something that's never really bothered me either.

Ultimately, at $50 bucks they feel like a decent not great value, but if you get in on the pre-order prices I don't think there's anything out there competing on a per-dollar basis, and the upcoming builder wave (which won't be in hand for a while) is downright stupid value when compared to a marvel legends or SW black series figure.

Hope that helps!
Akatsuki wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 pm
Mythic Legions are very articulated! I’d recommend any figure using a basic Knight body. To me, they have the most functional articulation. Like the new Red Shield Soldier knight is a good example.

Here is an old photo I took with test shots that shows some of the articulation capabilities.

Thanks all, that’s super-useful! I’m in the UK which makes the horsemen’s store not an option, unfortunately, so no direct preorder prices for me.

After binging on reviews and your posts, I think I’ll pick up the upcoming legion builder skeleton and maybe dark Templar. I’m also pretty tempted to pick up lord bardric - the ‘skirt’ and hair and puffy upper arms/legs look like they might reduce range of motion, but I get strong 90s warhammer wood elf feels from him! Also a bit tempted by the female all black vampire. Torgun Redfin is exactly what I’m after looks wise, but that body seems more on the restricted side. At least, that’s what I’m going to keep telling myself, as the only copy I found in the UK/without crazy postage from the US just went out of stock…

Thanks again!
Those sound look good choices. But again the figures on the basic 1.0 Knight body will have the most functional articulation. There’s not much you would want to modify on them except they can’t get very good two-handed sword poses. But otherwise the articulation in the torso and particularly the hips and ankles is excellent.

The 2.0 thinner bodies can get a two-handed sword pose, but for me, the ankles are less stable and the loin cloth armor falls out very easily, which is something that does not happen to the 1.0 bodies.

Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sat May 15, 2021 6:29 am

Have any Canadian Fwooshers received their Arethyr stuff yet?
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm

After finally having a chance to watch the whole reveals video, I have to say this wave may actually get me to buy cases. Not a weak figure in the bunch and my God that price! After this, I don't think any company save for maybe some micro startups have the right to use that old excuse of "costs". It's plain they're not trying hard enough, don't care to and just lie about it, or--possibly but not likely--the 4H are taking a loss just for the fans.

I've noticed the past couple waves the best shipping cost is with the all-ins. Maybe because they're already packed from the factory. Add just one extra figure, it shoots up.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 4:21 pm

Vorthogg and Arethyr arrived yesterday, and they've now taken their place in my Asgardian display.

Vorthogg stands alone for the time being...

...while Arethyr takes his place at the side of Surtur and Xarria.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”