Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu May 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Really random question - does anyone know what the chemical smell Legions figures have when they first come out of the package is? I don't encounter it with any other figures and I'm just curious if it's the paint, a sealer, some factory chemical. It's REALLY powerful but fades once they're out of the packaging and I'm just wondering if someone with more technical knowledge than me recognizes it.
TonyStark517
Customized

Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 pm

docsilence wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm
My order just arrived and 1: these horses are beautiful and I have NO idea where I'm going to put them, they are huge and 2: I really need to give myself permission to toss the Mythic Legions packaging. Between the troll and the two horses, the packaging is out of control. I need to consolidate. Do you all keep or toss your packaging? I could keep room for the cardbacks and totally save the bios, but keeping them whole has gotten out of hand but I'm afraid to devalue them too much in case I ever need to cut loose from the line.
I was keeping the packaging myself for awhile. Had several storage bins full of those, NECA TMNT, and Con Exclusive stuff from Marvel Legends/Hasbro.

Then my current girlfriend asked me if I was ever likely to sell any of them or display the packaging in anyway. I had my answer then. I was keeping them in case I ever wanted to, but really it was just taking up space.

For ML, their site has all the bios in case I want to refer to the official lore, and while the art for many of these is gorgeous, I don't see myself ever actually displaying the cardbacks. And I don't ever see myself selling these or if I did I'd have to settle for selling them loose rather than MIB.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 pm

TonyStark517 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 pm
docsilence wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm
My order just arrived and 1: these horses are beautiful and I have NO idea where I'm going to put them, they are huge and 2: I really need to give myself permission to toss the Mythic Legions packaging. Between the troll and the two horses, the packaging is out of control. I need to consolidate. Do you all keep or toss your packaging? I could keep room for the cardbacks and totally save the bios, but keeping them whole has gotten out of hand but I'm afraid to devalue them too much in case I ever need to cut loose from the line.
I was keeping the packaging myself for awhile. Had several storage bins full of those, NECA TMNT, and Con Exclusive stuff from Marvel Legends/Hasbro.

Then my current girlfriend asked me if I was ever likely to sell any of them or display the packaging in anyway. I had my answer then. I was keeping them in case I ever wanted to, but really it was just taking up space.

For ML, their site has all the bios in case I want to refer to the official lore, and while the art for many of these is gorgeous, I don't see myself ever actually displaying the cardbacks. And I don't ever see myself selling these or if I did I'd have to settle for selling them loose rather than MIB.
With this latest wave, I've resolved to get rid of the packaging to make room. I'm going to put the little bio inserts into an envelope for kicks (if I ever resell them I won't hate having them to post with the figure) but there's no reason to keep the plastic inserts or shells anymore. Especially because the cardbacks themselves are mostly the same.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu May 06, 2021 11:28 pm

docsilence wrote:

With this latest wave, I've resolved to get rid of the packaging to make room. I'm going to put the little bio inserts into an envelope for kicks (if I ever resell them I won't hate having them to post with the figure) but there's no reason to keep the plastic inserts or shells anymore. Especially because the cardbacks themselves are mostly the same.
Funny. I just decieded to do exactly that as I was looking at the packaging. I've got too damn much packaging of them and it's very unlikely I will ever sell the ones I still have.

Arethyr my be the most wicked figure I own. Not a single picture online does him justice imo. He is just scary. Aethon is just incredible to look at. I'm gonna glue down his mane and the blanket roll.

Now, can anyone tell me how to attach Malephar's tail?
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 12:23 am

TFitz wrote:
docsilence wrote:

Funny. I just decieded to do exactly that as I was looking at the packaging. I've got too damn much packaging of them and it's very unlikely I will ever sell the ones I still have.

Arethyr my be the most wicked figure I own. Not a single picture online does him justice imo. He is just scary. Aethon is just incredible to look at. I'm gonna glue down his mane and the blanket roll.

There's a little flap you have to remove. I couldn't get it by hand for the life of me, but was able to use a little flathead screwdriver to break it free eventually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
TFitz wrote:
docsilence wrote:

There's a little flap you have to remove. I couldn't get it by hand for the life of me, but was able to use a little flathead screwdriver to break it free eventually.

Thank you! That was well hidden.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:43 am

TFitz wrote:
FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
TFitz wrote:

I literally just logged on here to post that I had to watch a Youtube video to find the flap for his tail. I can't get mine off, but I'll try the flathead trick tomorrow when I have more patience. They really should consider online instructions for these figures. My Malephar's wings were COVERED in excess paint, but once i got them into the backpack connector thing they loosened up and it flaked away so they worked, but it wouldn't hurt to post some from-the-source guidance.

Unrelated: if they don't do a Fisto homage using Magnus's head in a future wave I'll be shocked. It's as though the head sculpt was made for that.
danasty
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri May 07, 2021 2:20 pm

The butt-flap on mine was on super tight. I had to stick him in boiling water for a couple seconds to get it to come off.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri May 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Got shipping notice for the second part of
My Arethyr order (actually the first order I submitted)! Will be cool to take a look at the new Orc. I also got a couple extras of the knights to mix and match parts. Finally the Leodysseus legion is filling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 3:22 pm

The new orc is probably my favorite figure in the set, even though the demons are amazing. There's just so much personality and character in his head sculpt. (That's what sells me on this line more than anything else - the faces seem so alive. Magnus is fantastic in that way, too. I run them through a filter for IG sometimes and they can look almost alive, like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/COj6UDQge8F

And apparently my inner twelve year old is in charge today, because the number of comments about how hard it is to get the butt flap out of the peg is making me laugh repeatedly. (Mine's still stuck. I'm going to have to use heat.)
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:50 pm

I feel like the new orc's shoulder pauldrons are so huge, they make his new "wider" torso look small. The 4H keep describing this new torso as being bulkier but it doesn't feel any bigger to me. I'll have to do some side by side comparisons. I wish we'd get an actual wider torso (more of a V) for more variation in body types.

I'm mostly through opening my Arethyr wave. This wave seems to have excessive paint on a lot of the joints and pegs. I have hundreds of these figures, and honestly I haven't really noticed paint chipping until this wave. I thought I was starting to break one of my figures knees, as the knee was bending but the joint wasn't moving from the front. Then I noticed the kneecap paint was so think it wasn't moving, but the disc under it was. Lots of paint flicking off joints with this wave.

Also, damn the demon wings are heavy. Arethyr has to lean back while on his horse. His wings are so heavy, it makes his waist ball a little weaker. And why does the Horseman of War need a bedroll behind his saddle? Gonna have to glue it in, cause it falls off way too easy.

Overall, it's a really strong wave, though.
TonyStark517
Customized

Fri May 07, 2021 5:03 pm

docsilence wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:43 am
TFitz wrote:
FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:

I literally just logged on here to post that I had to watch a Youtube video to find the flap for his tail. I can't get mine off, but I'll try the flathead trick tomorrow when I have more patience. They really should consider online instructions for these figures. My Malephar's wings were COVERED in excess paint, but once i got them into the backpack connector thing they loosened up and it flaked away so they worked, but it wouldn't hurt to post some from-the-source guidance.
I'd recommend a hair dryer to loosen the flap. I was able to pull it off by hand after about 15 seconds of heat. Idk how likely it is to happen but I'd be worried prying it with a screwdriver could break off the peg in the hole.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Visionary wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am
Tell me more. Saw this online but they are not Mythic Legions. Anyone know?
Spoiler! :

This is the Twitter account I'm finding all these images on, but I can't tell if it's one of the designers or just someone following the project closely. It seems like someone working on these judging by how much material they have about them, but I can't find any reference to a company or anything.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Joel wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 am
Visionary wrote:Tell me more. Saw this online but they are not Mythic Legions. Anyone know?

I don’t know anything about this other than I want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I saw that from either VCToybox or 5KToys. I know it's due this year, supposed to be fully articulated too. Looks really, really good.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri May 07, 2021 6:05 pm

I couldn't put these down last night. Especially Arethyr. He is just so crazy-cool looking. Top notch paint apps and he just likes he wants to kill all the other inferior figures in my house.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”