Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Wed May 05, 2021 12:08 am

naugem wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:22 pm
Ash Talon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 am
It's a weird hodge-podge of a group. Never imagined a skeleton being hire-able with money.
Who knows, maybe even after death he likes to buy action figures :lol:
You know(God forbid) if any of us happen to die tomorrow, figures will still be showing up for 6 to 18 months after we’re gone.

I don’t envy the living after I’m gone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cannes112
Super Poseable

Wed May 05, 2021 12:22 am

For those that recieved arethyer ALL-IN from first day preorder, did you receive your "free gift"?

Its suppose to be a red spikey shield and a sword. I check my box but no gift... contacted customer service, will see what happens. Anyone with similar issue?Image

Sent by Alfred from the batcave

Spartan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 1:00 am

Cannes112 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:22 am
For those that recieved arethyer ALL-IN from first day preorder, did you receive your "free gift"?

Sent by Alfred from the batcave
I received mine with my additional purchase on that first day.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 am

Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Wed May 05, 2021 6:18 am

Wow, Ash Talon. You bringing the heavy metal with Arethyr. Nice pics.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 am

My suggestion / constructive criticism about Mythic Legions feet

I think the heavy metal spikey boots look great on orcs and nasties like demons and others like Malleus. The choice of painful heavy footwear says they are mean customers, wanting to stamp and kick with 15 pounders.

I would like to see the 4H expand their parts inventory (to so many things, but in this case) new boots. I think the heavy metal boots look a bit over the top on human characters especially in the Bear faction.

I'd like to replace the heavy monster spikey boots on guys like Attlus, Barbarian builder 1 and 2, Cador, Raygorr, etc... with something more barbarian. You could see them being far more agile and even stealthy in leather footwear. Throw in some fur if need be. Just don't make the boots as small as the AoD slight characters. Make em wide and flat like the excellent knight boots.

In the future it would be cool to see some sandal-ed feet too.

I hope we also see some only half-armoured or non-armoured shins/calf parts.

One day, it'd be cool to see an infantryman in trowsers, or a barbarian in high furry boots. Or, a Conan-esque figure with bare legs and sandals.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 7:10 am

Visionary wrote:
naugem wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 am
It's a weird hodge-podge of a group. Never imagined a skeleton being hire-able with money.
You know(God forbid) if any of us happen to die tomorrow, figures will still be showing up for 6 to 18 months after we’re gone.

Between action figure pre-orders and kickstarter boardgames, whoever outlives me is going to get some weird stuff loooooong after I'm gone. I've actually got it in my will that one or two of my action figure friends will help my partner (who knows nothing about this stuff) to sell off my collection so she can do something nice for herself with the proceeds when I'm gone. My buddy gets a finder's fee of whatever he wants to keep from the collection. The phrase "by the gods, do not put them out at a yard sale" is in there. Literally.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed May 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Awesome photos, Ash Talon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PresidentJuggernaut
Super Poseable

Wed May 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Love that Gamera-shell shield, nice bonus.

Beautiful shots Ash, I'm starting to regret not ordering Arethyr.
naugem
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed May 05, 2021 4:23 pm

docsilence wrote:
Visionary wrote:
naugem wrote:

Between action figure pre-orders and kickstarter boardgames, whoever outlives me is going to get some weird stuff loooooong after I'm gone. I've actually got it in my will that one or two of my action figure friends will help my partner (who knows nothing about this stuff) to sell off my collection so she can do something nice for herself with the proceeds when I'm gone. My buddy gets a finder's fee of whatever he wants to keep from the collection. The phrase "by the gods, do not put them out at a yard sale" is in there. Literally.
:lol: I don't have it in my will, but I've told my wife not to give away my "toys", but to put them on ebay at the least.
Joel
FIB

Wed May 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Dormammu wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 am
My suggestion / constructive criticism about Mythic Legions feet

I think the heavy metal spikey boots look great on orcs and nasties like demons and others like Malleus. The choice of painful heavy footwear says they are mean customers, wanting to stamp and kick with 15 pounders.

I would like to see the 4H expand their parts inventory (to so many things, but in this case) new boots. I think the heavy metal boots look a bit over the top on human characters especially in the Bear faction.

I'd like to replace the heavy monster spikey boots on guys like Attlus, Barbarian builder 1 and 2, Cador, Raygorr, etc... with something more barbarian. You could see them being far more agile and even stealthy in leather footwear. Throw in some fur if need be. Just don't make the boots as small as the AoD slight characters. Make em wide and flat like the excellent knight boots.

I agree about the feet, specifically the very stylized spiky boots. In my mind, they stick out as being overused on various characters just due to the design. But, since they are releasing hands and feet packs, and third party sellers offering amazing feet, I'm okay with it. Having said that, would still love to see the actual figures come with more varied feet, which it seems they will be doing more of, starting with this new wave of Legion Builders.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm

I actually like the heavy / spiky boots the best (and for somer reason they work best for me when posing the figures), but would definitely love to see more variety, for sure.

Unrelated, my Fedex shipment from 4H has disappeared in the tracking option. Second time this week it's happened with Fedex and the other package (from Dorkside, actually) showed up safe and sound a few days later without notification, but I went from thinking I'd have some new Legions to open yesterday to having a mystery delivery date. I'm curious how big the box will be since it's got the two horses in it. (Am I the only weirdo planning on seeing how Marvel Legends Ghost Rider looks on a flame-themed horse?)
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:39 pm

naugem wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:23 pm
docsilence wrote:
Visionary wrote:

:lol: I don't have it in my will, but I've told my wife not to give away my "toys", but to put them on ebay at the least.
I've told my two eBay-centric buddies to help out my family with selling off my stuff for that reason. *Especially* the Mythic Legions, actually, though I've got a lot of stuff that would add up if I get run over by a bus and my partner wants to clean out the house.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 6:11 pm

I'd still like to see "leather" gauntlets (Captain America style), hands, boots, and feet. I much prefer the v1 feet to the v2 feet, as I feel the v2 feet are too small. I find v2 figures to fall over a lot. I think their feet could be bigger to increase their stability. I realize they wanted to keep female feet from being too large, but I think they could be a little bit bigger, which would make it easier for the figures to stand.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:11 pm
I'd still like to see "leather" gauntlets (Captain America style), hands, boots, and feet. I much prefer the v1 feet to the v2 feet, as I feel the v2 feet are too small. I find v2 figures to fall over a lot. I think their feet could be bigger to increase their stability. I realize they wanted to keep female feet from being too large, but I think they could be a little bit bigger, which would make it easier for the figures to stand.
Ditto to this. They could be used for medieval characters, pirates, ect. I think they'd be a really useful option to have.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”