Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:13 am

Dormammu wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 am
I had to work. What was for sale besides the Ice Troll?
The Stone Troll
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Looks like there's a brief break from the in-stock sales according to their latest email. Can't say a break from chances to buy (or... well, not be able to buy) more figures is a bad thing.

Anyone else kinda put off by the tone of the email though? I work in marketing a lot and tone of voice is so important, so leading with "don't dare ask for updates" and making what amounts to a mild corporal punishment joke mid-email feels kinda unprofessional. I mean, fans are awful, and we saw DS basically give up on posting in these forums because of demands and complaints so I get it, but I always got the impression Mythic Legions fans were pretty good about waiting patiently for their pre-orders to arrive and super forgiving about order mix ups, missing parts, etc... I dunno, maybe the FB group complains more? Compared to other lines the complaints I see about Mythic Legions are almost non-existent.
nilocomic
HULK SMASH!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 pm

docsilence wrote:
Looks like there's a brief break from the in-stock sales according to their latest email. Can't say a break from chances to buy (or... well, not be able to buy) more figures is a bad thing.

Anyone else kinda put off by the tone of the email though? I work in marketing a lot and tone of voice is so important, so leading with "don't dare ask for updates" and making what amounts to a mild corporal punishment joke mid-email feels kinda unprofessional. I mean, fans are awful, and we saw DS basically give up on posting in these forums because of demands and complaints so I get it, but I always got the impression Mythic Legions fans were pretty good about waiting patiently for their pre-orders to arrive and super forgiving about order mix ups, missing parts, etc... I dunno, maybe the FB group complains more? Compared to other lines the complaints I see about Mythic Legions are almost non-existent.
It was a bit informal, but not terribly unprofessional. Not really sure what you’re talking about regarding a mild corporal punishment joke. Regarding the shipping complaints, while we may not see many complaints on the FB group (mostly thanks to any hint of negativity being shouted down by the people in charge), that’s just a small portion of the fandom. Chris is probably getting all kinds of emails from people not associated with the FB group who may not even know about the delays or how long it usually takes for 4H to get things shipped out.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 pm

I HAVE NO SPACE LEFT!

But can’t wait to get this wave in hand :D
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Just popped in to say I still love their goblins.

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm

I took no offense from the recent email update. I didn't take offense from Hasbro's Angry Fan Boy figure reveal either. Guess I can just take a joke and don't have thin skin.

It's too bad the in-stock sales are being put on temporary hold. However, this just means Aerthryr is shipping soon, which is a great thing. Looking forward to getting the horses in hand. We still haven't really been shown what they can do.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Visionary wrote:I HAVE NO SPACE LEFT!

But can’t wait to get this wave in hand :D
I know! So exciting to get the Arethyr wave after all this time, but man, where am I going to put all of that?! I ordered a bunch of this wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joel
FIB

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm in the same boat as you, Visionary and Akat- I just don't have the room for Trolls and I even cancelled my pre-orders on the horses. Phobos was a tough one to cancel, but I really don't have the shelf space. I have to stop at Ogre size figures.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm

So is the Arethyr wave close to arrival? I keep forgetting I bought that stuff.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Just checked my email and I got the Arethyr update as well. Man, I'm really ready for these!
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Well the store just has a bunch of place holders today. Weird
dcucfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Was there an Arethyr shipping update? Last email I got was about checking addresses in March.
nilocomic
HULK SMASH!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:55 pm

dcucfan wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 pm
Was there an Arethyr shipping update? Last email I got was about checking addresses in March.
“APRIL is for ARETHYR! I would like to wish a Happy ......... arrival week to everyone? (that's all I got, sorry!) To address the elephant in the room, some of you are starting to get shipping notifications. Congratulations! But....... you are still going to be waiting at least another week. Those notifications are just for people who are signed up through FedEx, and do not indicate movement on your order. We are only continuing to process all the orders and labels so that when everything arrives, we can start the packing and shipping process once everything has been counted and stacked. It will be a lot as it includes Arethyr, Anniversary Equaddron, and Shadow Equaddron. Please be patient, or I swear to Magnus himself that I will turn this car around RIGHT NOW if you guys start asking me for tracking numbers and updates! Please remember you can go to Store Horsemen for updates on all series, courtesy of lil' old me! (you're welcome).

I know many of you will be so excited to finally receive your Mythic Legions: ARETHYR series. It has been a long road, with the unforeseen pandemic throwing a goblin wrenches into our plans. We have been working so hard to get this line completed and on its way to you. Thank you to ALL of our most patient and loyal fans, you really have made this possible. We love all the amazing photography, creative customs, and hilarious memes on social media - KEEP IT UP!

We will be receiving our containers this week, and the processing will begin immediately. Unfortunately, this also means we will be putting the In-Stock Sale on hold for a few weeks so that we can dedicate all of our resources to shipping everything out as soon as possible. As you have noticed in last week's sale, things got changed up a bit. This is just an example of things to come, I want to keep you all on your toes!

Once we start up the In-Stock Sales again, I will announce it in the newsletter. Enjoy your reprieve, while it lasts. There will be all new sales coming (meaning figures you haven't see yet), and yes, there will be an Arethyr In-Stock Sale at some point. We know there are MANY new Legions fans, so we want to give you all an opportunity to grab these amazing figures.

Finally, if you aren't aware, we have a great group online called Mythic Legions Cabal run by Walter Hagen on Facebook and Instagram. We welcome you to join up and share in your love of all things Mythic Legions! Please keep the drama at home and be respectful of all your fellow collectors - and give Walter a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks all!

Chris-to-pher

-FOUR HORSEMEN -

PS - to avoid any confusion - NO that picture does not represent any contests to have an actual dinner with Arethyr in Mythoss...... unless you do it yourself at home with your own toys”
dcucfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Thanks, nilocomic!
Count Drunkula
I wish I had super powers

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:31 am

docsilence wrote:

There was absolutely an condescending tone, which is double irritating given that Arethyr was solicited a year and eight months ago. COVID or no COVID, just a smidge of humility would be well in order on their part.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”