Figma General Discussion v2

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Figma General Discussion v2

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:46 am

Well…Happy Birthday to me! Souls characters are instant buys and Pop Up Parade Guts is just…take my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:38 am

It looks like Figma will be making two more Demon Slayer figures.

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:57 am

Shinobu is the GOAT. I'm going to be very tempted to pick her up.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:50 pm

Got dai in today really glad that he finally came out and really impressed with the articulation they gave him for being a figma
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:00 pm

Oh crap, need to check to see if I canceled Dai.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Picked up Figma's EVA 2.0 Rei, Asuka, and Mari brand new. Went from didn't even know they existed to tripping into a deal.

These things are gorgeous, and the seats really bring the package together. Time to hunt for the actual mechs to stand alongside.

I can't get over the sculpts and how true to the anime they are, especially the faces. Figma always excels at this, but as this is a series that has a personal weight to me, I'm just in awe.

There's weird things like Asuka's breasts just being a partial overlay that's flat and gaps the side and bottom. I rounded it out with the hot water trick, but you can see the evolution in each of these to Zero Suit Samus being seamless and a good form. I really don't notice in most poses though.

Getting Mari in her psycho cockpit lean was worth the price, but Rei and Asuka having a walkman and flip phone. I'm all about these.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:42 am

Goodsmile just revealed the figure of the year:

Also, the Nyanners one was shown finally.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 pm

Only four figmas shown at that exhibition. I love figmas, but Good Smile is all about Nendoroid and Pop-Up Parade these days. Those lines seems to get most of the anime characters. Figma seems to be heavily focused on mobile game characters which I have little interest in outside of the occasional Fate/Grand Order character.

Meanwhile, STILL no Illya, Caster, or Berserker from Fate/Stay Night. Sigh.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 5:20 pm

The decline in Figmas has me bummed too. A few Figmas are the pride of my collection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 1:33 am

I haven't bought many Figmas in a while due to the high price and lack of evolution compared to SHF, but yes, it does seem like most announcements are Nendo and PUP now. I think I saw a Marine Figma? Would love to see Nyanners and Ironmouse get Figmas.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 am

Sam Bridges from Death Stranding just came out, and Kojima posted a few photos including a painted prototype of Cliff too. I think V from Cyberpunk might be next month too.
I can’t fault them for churning out Nendoroids, the profit on them must be pretty substantial. Figma’s quality stalled for a while there while other companies improved so they must’ve re-evaluated. Fewer but better figma and nendo’s to pay the bills.

Their latest stuff has been quite good. Sekiro was great (apart from the hugely inconsistent face print), Jin Sakai is really good too (only issue was a stiff ‘drawer’ joint that requires a little sanding on a non visible part). I liked 2045 Kusanagi, Batou felt like a slightly older prototype so wasn’t quite up to par.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sun May 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Batou isn't perfect, but I do think he looks fantastic with SAC Kusanagi. I don't have any hope they'll hit the rest of the cast, obviously, but a guy can dream.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 31, 2022 10:33 pm

I haven't opened mine yet, but yeah, Batou was original SAC, not 2045. He goes perfectly with original SAC Major.

And I absolutely want the rest of Section 9. Not very hopeful, though.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 31, 2022 11:11 pm

My Batou is also still in his box. I don't currently have my Figmas on display with the exception of 1 figure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:04 pm

I got him in the middle of packing to move, and now I'm in the middle of getting packed stuff that's staying packed into storage, cleaning & resetting displays until I have to pack again, lol. So, he & Major are definitely going up (back up, in her case), I just work two jobs & visit my recently widowed mother, so I barely have time to sleep, let alone play & display.

I said it before, but if he'd come with alternate movie hair, as opposed to ONLY the Seagal SAC ponytail ("but that wouldn't make him SAC!" yeah, yeah), I might've been more excited & at least cracked him open immediately.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”