Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: US of A
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 pm


joshsquash729 wrote:Totally off topic, but I was thinking the other day, with the Legendary Edition coming soon, how great it would be for DST to get the Mass Effect license back, even if it's just for more MiniMates. We got a decent amount of characters before, but we're still missing some of my favorite crew members. And Mass Effect Select would be just divine. The original figures we got were great for the time, but they haven't held up well. Most have fallen apart completely. I know McFarlane got the license for Andromeda, but I'd love to see some company, preferably DST, take a crack at the original trilogy and give them some proper figures. With all the possible accessories and base options, I really think DST could knock it out of the park.
I second this request. Love the original trilogy and even liked Andromeda. I played long after the original trilogy figures came out, so would love to see updated trilogy figures (I did pick up Miranda cheap, but really want a Tali). I think McFarlane's license for Andromeda could be over, so that could be fair game too.
User avatar
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: DST HQ
Posts: 1815
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:29 am

Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:10 pm
MSWord wrote:
The Walgreens version has a serious face.
Thanks Zach! I know, but for us people outside US is difficult to get those exclusives...are there any plans for a wider release of this, or even a "v2.0" with that face sculpt?

I have to say that im digging the smiling face more everyday having it on hand, nice looking figure Image
I am not aware of a 2.0 or of a wider release of the Walgreens figure.
Plastic0_phantastic0
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 am

MSWord wrote:
Plastic0_phantastic0 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:10 pm
MSWord wrote:
The Walgreens version has a serious face.
Thanks Zach! I know, but for us people outside US is difficult to get those exclusives...are there any plans for a wider release of this, or even a "v2.0" with that face sculpt?

I have to say that im digging the smiling face more everyday having it on hand, nice looking figure Image
I am not aware of a 2.0 or of a wider release of the Walgreens figure.
Thanks Zach!!Image

Enviado desde mi Aquaris V mediante Tapatalk

User avatar
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Poland
Posts: 6533
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 pm
joshsquash729 wrote:Totally off topic, but I was thinking the other day, with the Legendary Edition coming soon, how great it would be for DST to get the Mass Effect license back, even if it's just for more MiniMates. We got a decent amount of characters before, but we're still missing some of my favorite crew members. And Mass Effect Select would be just divine. The original figures we got were great for the time, but they haven't held up well. Most have fallen apart completely. I know McFarlane got the license for Andromeda, but I'd love to see some company, preferably DST, take a crack at the original trilogy and give them some proper figures. With all the possible accessories and base options, I really think DST could knock it out of the park.
I second this request. Love the original trilogy and even liked Andromeda. I played long after the original trilogy figures came out, so would love to see updated trilogy figures (I did pick up Miranda cheap, but really want a Tali). I think McFarlane's license for Andromeda could be over, so that could be fair game too.
I haven't played ME and most likely won't buy the reedition, but I'd sure as hell buy a bunch of cool space men figures.
User avatar
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: US of A
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:36 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 pm
joshsquash729 wrote:Totally off topic, but I was thinking the other day, with the Legendary Edition coming soon, how great it would be for DST to get the Mass Effect license back, even if it's just for more MiniMates. We got a decent amount of characters before, but we're still missing some of my favorite crew members. And Mass Effect Select would be just divine. The original figures we got were great for the time, but they haven't held up well. Most have fallen apart completely. I know McFarlane got the license for Andromeda, but I'd love to see some company, preferably DST, take a crack at the original trilogy and give them some proper figures. With all the possible accessories and base options, I really think DST could knock it out of the park.
I second this request. Love the original trilogy and even liked Andromeda. I played long after the original trilogy figures came out, so would love to see updated trilogy figures (I did pick up Miranda cheap, but really want a Tali). I think McFarlane's license for Andromeda could be over, so that could be fair game too.
I haven't played ME and most likely won't buy the reedition, but I'd sure as hell buy a bunch of cool space men figures.
If you play games and like rpgs, the original trilogy is excellent. I enjoyed Andromeda too.

The McFarlane Andromeda figures looked fine, but unfortunately the articulation is pre-Fortnite and very limited. I'd love to get better versions of these too.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:36 pm
Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sloth15 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:13 pm


I second this request. Love the original trilogy and even liked Andromeda. I played long after the original trilogy figures came out, so would love to see updated trilogy figures (I did pick up Miranda cheap, but really want a Tali). I think McFarlane's license for Andromeda could be over, so that could be fair game too.
I haven't played ME and most likely won't buy the reedition, but I'd sure as hell buy a bunch of cool space men figures.
If you play games and like rpgs, the original trilogy is excellent. I enjoyed Andromeda too.

The McFarlane Andromeda figures looked fine, but unfortunately the articulation is pre-Fortnite and very limited. I'd love to get better versions of these too.
I agree. I can definitely understand why ME may not be some people's cups of tea, but it's actually one of the only true RPGs I like, with ME 2 being one of my favorite games of all time, not to mention some of my favorite alien races, most, if not all, of which are conveniently toyetic. Because of all the customizable armor in the games as well, there's the possibility for a fair amount of reuse with some of the armor sculpts and just a different paint job, and certainly weapon reuse.

I still have my old Andromeda figures. They're totally serviceable, at least for the time- I think people's main concern was the articulation, and the fact that, at the end of the day, they're just boring-looking people in space suits. The original trilogy benefitted much more from unique alien designs- even the default Male and Female Shepards looked more visually interesting than Andromeda's. The original line of ME figures was good enough to get a second wave, but ultimately tanked mostly due to quality control- lots of the figures just couldn't stay together. My Shepard and Tali both lost their legs. Mordin's arm popped out, but he at least could be fixed. Only one that I still have totally unscatched is Garrus, but he can't really hold his sniper rifle very well.

A company like McF or DST could nail the line today, and fix some of the complaints from before- breakage, articulation, pre-posed figures, hard-to-hold accessories, etc. Heck, you could even have a fair amount of Gallery figures. There's a company called Gaming Heads that makes absolutely beautiful, yet quite expensive, statues. They've almost all sold out through the years, but they feature the characters in dynamic poses. A scaled-down version of that for Gallery would be totally doable, I'd think. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much, of course, but if done right, I think they could sell at least as well as some of their other lines.
User avatar
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: www.poeghostal.com
Posts: 2622
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:06 pm

I just want to know if we're going to get a new wave of The Black Hole...those figures are some of my rare "permanent display" pieces (along with the NECA movie Turtles and the 1962 MonsterArts Godzilla).
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Buffalo,NY
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:08 pm

ImageCDF33248-9282-413C-80DE-197C99B63C8E by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr




This damn Walgreens crow is tough. I’m also in shock by all the resellers I’m running into at all the stores I frequent. As I always strike a conversation with adults looking at toys, they are telling me they are reselling. Motu, wwe, Godzilla you name it.
User avatar
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: US of A
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm

I don't think the Walgreens Crow has seen much distribution. Looking at ebay, they only seem to be in a few states. I've stopped checking Walgreens so much. I wish they sold DST products on their website.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 am

MSWord wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:48 am
Shinigami_PL wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 am
Crossing my fingers for all of those Hasbro licenses to get Select scale figures but I don't really believe in that happening.
It won't. License is not for action figures.
Well that sucks big time BUT if you guys make some great Select statues from the D&D cartoon I’ll buy them.

A large scale pvc Taimat bank.

Venger
Dekion
Warduke
Strongheart
Kelek
Presto

Sign me up.
User avatar
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: DST HQ
Posts: 1815
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 am

I believe Gallery Dioramas are planned, yes.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Buffalo,NY
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Zach, I don’t know if there is anything you can do, maybe a PM. My Walgreens, which is 3 minutes from my home is getting abusive at this point. The manager there has harassed me for the last few years. He can’t stand the toys and hates toy collectors, he thinks all we do is sell on eBay. When he sees me he hovers and just says if it’s not out it’s not here, I don’t even ask him anything in the first place. My son and I get all our prescriptions there and it’s a lot with my sons food allergies. I even at one point showed pics on my phone of my toy collection to show him I’m a collector.....I hoped that would strike a positive response. He looked at them and said....dude you must be rich....must be nice.

I’m looking for the freaking crow figure that had to be exclusive to a drug store. Again today, he went right after me and I never even said a thing to him at first. I had a Bruce lee figure and 2 NBX figures ready to buy and I put them back. I told him I’m not a fan of you guys having toys either and you are the worst to deal with and left. 3 sales gone. I will no longer purchase from Walgreens. If you make exclusives for them, I will go with out. I’m to old, been through to much to be treated like freaking SHIT every time I look at the toy selection.

I will not post the store here, if you would like that info please PM me.

This world is stressful enough with out this crap, my hobby should fill me with joy, not stress. I get that many collectors are pushy, you don’t treat everyone like that because of a few bad seeds. Im Always nice to everyone in there...even him. I’m done. Most of my diamond purchases over the last 3 years have been at Walgreens. No more.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:23 pm

Comedian wrote:Zach, I don’t know if there is anything you can do, maybe a PM. My Walgreens, which is 3 minutes from my home is getting abusive at this point. The manager there has harassed me for the last few years. He can’t stand the toys and hates toy collectors, he thinks all we do is sell on eBay. When he sees me he hovers and just says if it’s not out it’s not here, I don’t even ask him anything in the first place. My son and I get all our prescriptions there and it’s a lot with my sons food allergies. I even at one point showed pics on my phone of my toy collection to show him I’m a collector.....I hoped that would strike a positive response. He looked at them and said....dude you must be rich....must be nice.

I’m looking for the freaking crow figure that had to be exclusive to a drug store. Again today, he went right after me and I never even said a thing to him at first. I had a Bruce lee figure and 2 NBX figures ready to buy and I put them back. I told him I’m not a fan of you guys having toys either and you are the worst to deal with and left. 3 sales gone. I will no longer purchase from Walgreens. If you make exclusives for them, I will go with out. I’m to old, been through to much to be treated like freaking SHIT every time I look at the toy selection.

I will not post the store here, if you would like that info please PM me.

This world is stressful enough with out this crap, my hobby should fill me with joy, not stress. I get that many collectors are pushy, you don’t treat everyone like that because of a few bad seeds. Im Always nice to everyone in there...even him. I’m done. Most of my diamond purchases over the last 3 years have been at Walgreens. No more.
Why not just get the figures on line or go straight up to Walgreen's corporate with this exact same message? Inform them you feel like you are being harrassed and let them handle it from the top. I can't see DS having any control over the actions of one manager at one store. I wish you luck. Definitely contact walgreens

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

User avatar
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Copy and paste this letter addressed to the District Manager and higher. Get a few copies circulating on that level on up.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Buffalo,NY
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 am

Re: Diamond Select - General Thread for Munsters, Universal etc

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:48 pm

I waited on the phone for 25 minutes and gave up. Covid is the top issue for them, as it should be. I’m looking but don’t see how to send an email. I’m hoping that Zach could at least know about this issue. Perhaps he has contact with the buyer for Walgreens. I’ve never seen Walgreens offer the diamond stuff online. Trust me, I’d gladly do that.

I should have done something sooner, but I really try to be the bigger person and let things go. This was the line today though.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”