mezco one:12 collective

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: mezco one:12 collective

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:04 am

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:40 pm
https://blog.mezcotoyz.com/rumble-con-2022-itinerary/

Six Rumble Society reveals, seven if you count “Preview Night” being a brand new RS figure too.

One of them will at least be the Snake Eyes snake guy. Probably another Hoodz too.
I could be down for a Hoodz. I sold most of my Gomez off so for me it's all about what I think fits with my punk skulls.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:58 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:41 am
dcucfan wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:40 am
I find myself more and more apathetic to Mezco’s events and reveals. Which sucks, because they’ve made some of my favorite figures over the last few years. The lack of any sort of updates just really rubs me the wrong way. They’re sitting on a lot of deposits and full payments to be so lacking in their communication.
Yeah. I don't pay attention to or care at all that Mezco is doing an event or a reveal or whatever. It's basically worthless unless they're revealing a new license that maybe you'll say 'oh, it's cool they have that now, let's all speculate about it.' But even then.. ThunderCats anyone?

I think that's telling for me is that I'm distinctly NOT a Mezco collector in the same sense as a lot of people here probably are. I've never owned one before Conan. But I did really like Conan despite the absolute pile of horseshit that was how they handled his missing right hand. So I picked out a few more figures to order. Solomon Kane, the next Conan, The Crow, and the new Batman are all figures I have on order and I don't think I've heard a whisper about any of them since I ordered them.

The complete lack of any updates regarding product isn't just frustrating.. it's actually sort've insulting. Like it's beneath Mez to even bother talking to the lowly customers. Too busy making a thousand in-house bug-face figures or whateverthehell instead of the actual product people already pre-ordered. And that's also something that irks me.

I got momentarily excited when they teased/semi-revealed/whatever the newest Conan. But then I realized.. who cares? There's not even a hint of when that figure might be available for pre-order, let alone actually arrive. And with virtually no warning, there's a good chance I'll miss him entirely. So... Mez feels like WAY more trouble than they're actually worth and there's a good chance I'll scale back and just stick to maybe the occasional new Conan releases if I can manage to catch them and leave everything else.
This is pretty much how I'm starting to feel. I have three One:12 figures on pre-order, and they all were placed over a year ago (Constantine is closing in on two years!). They reveal stuff now, and I just shrug my shoulders and say "whatever", because I see no updates or movement on the stuff I already spent money on. At this point, I'm just waiting for the stuff I have ordered, and leaving it at that for the time being. Sure, I wanted the other Conan figures, but considering I'm still waiting for my Solomon Kane...well, I don't see the point in placing an order for a figure that might take another year or two for me to have in-hand, especially when finances are tight. Maybe I'd be a little more understanding if Mez actually let us know what the heck is going on, but they instead treat the customers with an attitude of "you'll get it when you get it". Don't mean to be so negative, but it's frustrating. With the economy in a rather precarious place, I'd think collector based companies would be trying to foster some goodwill, but it seems like the opposite is true.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:04 pm

My sentiment is quite similar to that of others. I've gone from being angry (or at least annoyed) to being almost completely apathetic. Mezco's stuff looks cool. I know they have ZERO intent of getting it out in a timely fashion, if ever at this point. They're a hype factory and not much more at this point. They solicit, they don't release.

I still love the product but I just know I might never actually have it in hand. The least they could do is make their solicitation images NFTs so we get SOMETHING. Otherwise, this is just turning into one heck of a Ponzi scheme.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:56 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:04 pm
My sentiment is quite similar to that of others. I've gone from being angry (or at least annoyed) to being almost completely apathetic. Mezco's stuff looks cool. I know they have ZERO intent of getting it out in a timely fashion, if ever at this point. They're a hype factory and not much more at this point. They solicit, they don't release.

I still love the product but I just know I might never actually have it in hand. The least they could do is make their solicitation images NFTs so we get SOMETHING. Otherwise, this is just turning into one heck of a Ponzi scheme.
I hate to say it, but the "Ponzi scheme" analogy has crossed my mind more than once lately. When did Mezco go from being a high quality collectible company to a borderline Shocker Toys situation? Yeah, that's a bit hyperbolic, but it's still hard not to feel that way.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:07 pm

I think Ponzi scheme is a bit harsh. Unless you're ordering directly from Mezco none of these require any sort of payment up front. Even then you you don't have to pay with Paypal. And I say that as someone who pre-pays for everything I can.

That being said, it's legitimately strange (concerning) that they haven't gotten out more licensed stuff this year.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Ponzi scheme could be real apt if Mezco requires third parties to either pre-pay or submit a deposit. The consumer isn't on the hook, but someone still is. Plus, BBTS requires a deposit on most Mezco, granted it's only 15 or 20 bucks, it's not nothing and it has kept me from cancelling my 89 Batman preorder. I personally tune out Mezco at this point. I don't like most of their licensed stuff anyway, the spandex clothing on their superhero figures is just not my thing when it comes to presentation, so it's admittedly easy for me to ignore them. The only figure of theirs I'm interested in that hasn't gone up for order is their MMPR Green Ranger, but at this point I don't think I'd preorder it unless there was no NRD with it. The only thing that would change my mindset is if they do finally send me that 89 Batman and it turns out as well as the original renders made him out to be. The prototype they had at SDCC did not inspire much confidence though.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:12 pm

Misfit wrote:
Ponzi scheme could be real apt if Mezco requires third parties to either pre-pay or submit a deposit. The consumer isn't on the hook, but someone still is. Plus, BBTS requires a deposit on most Mezco, granted it's only 15 or 20 bucks, it's not nothing and it has kept me from cancelling my 89 Batman preorder. I personally tune out Mezco at this point. I don't like most of their licensed stuff anyway, the spandex clothing on their superhero figures is just not my thing when it comes to presentation, so it's admittedly easy for me to ignore them. The only figure of theirs I'm interested in that hasn't gone up for order is their MMPR Green Ranger, but at this point I don't think I'd preorder it unless there was no NRD with it. The only thing that would change my mindset is if they do finally send me that 89 Batman and it turns out as well as the original renders made him out to be. The prototype they had at SDCC did not inspire much confidence though.
Having worked at a retailer that sold Mezco product directly, we had to pay upfront for the product. Usually we got a window of a few weeks to submit an order, and payment was due at time of order.

Unless something changed, all these retailers who put up Batman 89 for preorder had to pay in full years ago.

If I was a retailer who had to keep paying for product that never materialized, I’d be pretty pissed.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:45 pm

Preview Night figure is Gomez as a construction worker.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:57 pm

*catcalls*
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:35 pm

Outside of the rare Kickstarter project, the most I'm ever willing to put down ahead of time is a small deposit. I don't care what someone is selling it's not worth me risking significant amounts of my money on a hope that maybe nobody in the chain will just take off for Fiji with a stack of cash.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Misfit wrote:
Having worked at a retailer that sold Mezco product directly, we had to pay upfront for the product. Usually we got a window of a few weeks to submit an order, and payment was due at time of order.

Unless something changed, all these retailers who put up Batman 89 for preorder had to pay in full years ago.

If I was a retailer who had to keep paying for product that never materialized, I’d be pretty pissed.
That sounds right to me, otherwise why would BBTS take a deposit on this thing when they normally don't? I wonder if that's the only reason why we even got an updated release window for the aforementioned 89 Batman as BBTS might have put some pressure on them. And that update came from BBTS, not Mezco, so anyone who ordered directly through Mezco hasn't heard anything. It just seems crazy to me that they can get away with such a severe lack of communication, but apparently they can.
dcucfan
CROM!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:17 am

Union Gomez is a seemingly undesirable choice that also lends itself well to action figure photography. Accessories will have to blow people away, no pun intended.
Samalas
Customized

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:37 am

Misfit wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Misfit wrote:

That sounds right to me, otherwise why would BBTS take a deposit on this thing when they normally don't? I wonder if that's the only reason why we even got an updated release window for the aforementioned 89 Batman as BBTS might have put some pressure on them. And that update came from BBTS, not Mezco, so anyone who ordered directly through Mezco hasn't heard anything. It just seems crazy to me that they can get away with such a severe lack of communication, but apparently they can.
I'm not super into Mezco products so I don't remember what the launch price was, but I think BBTS in general requires a 10% deposit on any item at or over $120. I don't remember ever paying less than a $12 deposit before, not that I've had to a ton.
yorick_skirata
Runs Around in Tights

mezco one:12 collective

Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:16 am

Samalas wrote:I'm not super into Mezco products so I don't remember what the launch price was, but I think BBTS in general requires a 10% deposit on any item at or over $120. I don't remember ever paying less than a $12 deposit before, not that I've had to a ton.
I don’t know what is the actual criteria. A lot of higher price items seem to have NRDs, but not all.

In my experience, the most expensive item I bought with no NRD was $199.99 and the lowest with NRD was $95.00 ($9.50 NRD).
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:01 pm

The irony of Mezco making a Union Gomez when they are almost certainly not a union workplace.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”