FWOOSH TOYS - Yokai Skeleton

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: FWOOSH TOYS - Yokai Skeleton

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:42 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:46 am
I like how these are compatible with the Feudal series armor and weapons. I think I’m time I’ll get four to use my temple armors on.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just too perfect a figure to not have a photo up when referencing the armored look. :drool:
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 am

Night Wolf wrote:Just saw fwoosh weekly, Robo said "End of year" for shipping so its gonna be in December............just in time for my Birthday :drool:
Easy there, I said we're shooting for the end of this year or the first of next. Nothing is set in stone yet.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Night Wolf wrote:Just saw fwoosh weekly, Robo said "End of year" for shipping so its gonna be in December............just in time for my Birthday :drool:
Easy there, I said we're shooting for the end of this year or the first of next. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Once unveiled nothing can contain them. Not ever stone. :lol:
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am

Just watched Robo's run-down. The thicker overall proportions to accommodate the joints still don't bother me much -- I think it looks really good. I -still- don't really love the (imo) oversized skull. But it's not awful or anything like that. Just not my preference. Still looks great. Looove the articulated jaw heads.

I do still really not love the weapon choices. I think part of it isn't so much that they're fantasy, but that they look very modern. Very mall ninja. Like something you'd buy from one of those swords online websites that's called 'The Doom Reaver.' It might also be because they're so clean compared to the skeleton? I don't know. The fact of the matter is that the slew of ninja and samurai I already own came with LOTS of weapons. I'm not hurting for options there. So it's just a thing that catches my attention rather than something I'm very bothered by.

Can I dare to dream that some weapons/accessory packs will happen in the future? I'd still really love a good daisho set for my samurai figures, and maybe some damaged/beaten up weapons for the skeleton.

Oh.. oh.. this dude is going to look badass with the tetsubo, actually.
spinc
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:32 am

Yeah I saw it too, it looks awesome, the articulation is great, but the head is really big. But they can always add an extra smaller, more realistic skull (with jaw joint!). If budget is a problem, I would honestly exchange the weird scroll head for a normal skull. Also the lack of fisted hands is weird, specially since they added two pairs of relaxed hands? I think we only need style pose hands, grip, and fists. Specially since these are more fantasy inspired.

The weapons are not good. They look like dollar store figure swords! You can have fantasy weapons that don't look like cheap knockoffs. Maybe if they added a wash to them?

These look fantastic, they just need to fix a couple of issues that they can still fix. It's just extra parts.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 am

Saw the review, i think it looks excellent. looks better on video than pictures if that makes sense?
the only thing i dont like is the pumpkin head face cut out, looks too cookie cutter. should have made the pumpkin face more evil and sinister. head size looks good to me.
the swords are ok but thats an easy fix, you can use other swords, not a big deal. Gonna buy 2 of them but when they are IN STOCK.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 am

Fly4v wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 am
RoboKillah wrote:

Once unveiled nothing can contain them. Not ever stone. :lol:
love that movie!
(Harryhausen is a God)
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:52 am

The head size doesn't bother me, but I do think the heads sit too low on the necks. I can't say I like the weapons, either, but I can easily dig into my accessory bin for that.

Still, the poses these things can hit are impressive. Can't wait.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:55 pm

Got to see the production piece in person at Power Con and I’m definitely in for at least one. Is it a pure recreation of a biology class human skeleton? No. But they said it’s purposefully stylized to give it more character which I’m 100% on board with.

I’ll likely be tracking down a good cloth robe and a scythe to act as a Death to hang out with my other Castlevania monsters.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:51 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:52 am
The head size doesn't bother me, but I do think the heads sit too low on the necks. I can't say I like the weapons, either, but I can easily dig into my accessory bin for that.

Still, the poses these things can hit are impressive. Can't wait.
Grins
CROM!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:58 am

I will always acknowledge and appreciate the use of a "Duchess" gif.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”