Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:07 pm

I'm loving this new wave. I went all in. I'm so eager to get these in hand. I'm very hyped for Noveunn Leen, Mbyra Jmgyra, and Aius Cyppiteon.

Unlike most, Kannox Vull, doesn't do much for me.

The Gravekeepers are cool, I ordered three of them but they're really just legion builders. Not very exciting despite how good they might look.
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am

Dragged my feet a bit but ended up going all in for the wave. I figured I really do like four out of five (not a huge fan of the insectoid look of Mbyra but all-in was only 19 bucks more than if I ordered the other four without her. I know it's boring but I do hope they release a human figure or two with the line - the line is giving me a bit of a Mass Effect-y vibe I really appreciate and would love to throw in a human or two for kicks to go with all these aliens.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:09 pm

docsilence wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am
Dragged my feet a bit but ended up going all in for the wave. I figured I really do like four out of five (not a huge fan of the insectoid look of Mbyra but all-in was only 19 bucks more than if I ordered the other four without her. I know it's boring but I do hope they release a human figure or two with the line - the line is giving me a bit of a Mass Effect-y vibe I really appreciate and would love to throw in a human or two for kicks to go with all these aliens.
Yeah, I would’ve just gone for those other four too, but it actually makes more sense to just go all in when the shipping comes into play.
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:44 pm

nilocomic wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:09 pm
docsilence wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am
Dragged my feet a bit but ended up going all in for the wave. I figured I really do like four out of five (not a huge fan of the insectoid look of Mbyra but all-in was only 19 bucks more than if I ordered the other four without her. I know it's boring but I do hope they release a human figure or two with the line - the line is giving me a bit of a Mass Effect-y vibe I really appreciate and would love to throw in a human or two for kicks to go with all these aliens.
Yeah, I would’ve just gone for those other four too, but it actually makes more sense to just go all in when the shipping comes into play.
Shipping made a difference, too, yeah. I wish more of their waves were like this - 200 bucks is expensive, but it's easier to go all in if it's one more figure for a 200 dollar wave than when I'm debating three or four figures in a 400 or 500 dollar wave. Shrugging off an extra 20 bucks when you're probably going to break 200 after shipping anyway is a lot easier an impulse buy.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:28 pm

docsilence wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:44 pm
nilocomic wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:09 pm
docsilence wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am
Dragged my feet a bit but ended up going all in for the wave. I figured I really do like four out of five (not a huge fan of the insectoid look of Mbyra but all-in was only 19 bucks more than if I ordered the other four without her. I know it's boring but I do hope they release a human figure or two with the line - the line is giving me a bit of a Mass Effect-y vibe I really appreciate and would love to throw in a human or two for kicks to go with all these aliens.
Yeah, I would’ve just gone for those other four too, but it actually makes more sense to just go all in when the shipping comes into play.
Shipping made a difference, too, yeah. I wish more of their waves were like this - 200 bucks is expensive, but it's easier to go all in if it's one more figure for a 200 dollar wave than when I'm debating three or four figures in a 400 or 500 dollar wave. Shrugging off an extra 20 bucks when you're probably going to break 200 after shipping anyway is a lot easier an impulse buy.
Totally agree. $200 for the whole wave is a much more appealing and manageable amount.
Samalas
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:18 am

Nonsense, lets go back to that first kickstarter wave! 34 figures, ~$1000 all in package. Should be pretty easy to justify right!! :lol:

Jokes aside I agree, it's so much easier to justify going all in at $200 with the smaller waves.
User avatar
domu
Also a Shocker Stalker
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Tue May 24, 2022 12:01 am

Received my Tom Whalen prints today. Super happy with how they turned out. Great colors. Excellent paper stock.

I was a little worried about how they would be shipped, as the 4H haven't sold high end prints before, but they came as carefully packaged as I'd expect from someplace like Mondo.

Looking forward to what they do next with prints.
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:00 pm

The test shots shown at Power-Con are, to say the least, incredible: https://www.sourcehorsemen.com/updates/ ... test-shots

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I personally can't wait for these!
Dek
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:27 pm

I'll admit my excitement for these cooled after seeing how awesome the Poxxus wave was and feeling that the second wave of Cosmic Legions was underwhelming, but if that Kraggnar hasn't got me excited all over again...!

I'd love to see an inspired third wave to get me back into these, but I think we'll need to wait until the Mythic Legions All Starts 5+ preorder is over before that happens.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 23926
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:30 am

I'm kinda pissed right now. I was going through all my pre-orders, and I don't have an order showing for these. Did I miss a submit button or something?? [email protected]#$! I'm hoping there's some second chance or something. There were several of these that I wanted.
Samalas
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 am

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:19 am

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:00 pm
The test shots shown at Power-Con are, to say the least, incredible: https://www.sourcehorsemen.com/updates/ ... test-shots



Image

Ok I may end up buying my first stand from them just for that pose, that looks so good lol.
Dek
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:39 am

TFitz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:30 am
I'm kinda pissed right now. I was going through all my pre-orders, and I don't have an order showing for these. Did I miss a submit button or something?? [email protected]#$! I'm hoping there's some second chance or something. There were several of these that I wanted.
I don't know if it helps, but BBTS has the whole wave still up for preorder. You'll get them later, but you'll still get them.
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Four Horsemen - Cosmic Legions

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Dek wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:39 am
TFitz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:30 am
I'm kinda pissed right now. I was going through all my pre-orders, and I don't have an order showing for these. Did I miss a submit button or something?? [email protected]#$! I'm hoping there's some second chance or something. There were several of these that I wanted.
I don't know if it helps, but BBTS has the whole wave still up for preorder. You'll get them later, but you'll still get them.
And pay a slight premium, BUT, still less of a premium than if you wait and they sell out.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”