Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Boss Fight Studio H.A.C.K.S. Figures

Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Great to hear that they turned out so well Kassle!

Oh man, it's going to be a long and painful wait for me to get my order of these from BBTS.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 am

It's funny.. I was actually lukewarm on the CotD stuff at first. I mean, it was cool but not as interesting to me as basically anything else HACKS-related that was coming along. But they've really grown on me and now I am crazy excited for them to finally come out. I'm hoping they release the blanks in the store at the same time, because I really want to do something with the extra Kier head and the options for wings or cape.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 2:03 pm

I am glad I stockpiled a bunch of skeleton warriors every time they had a sale, they will go perfect with this. I still don't know what this court of the dead is based on but I love them.
KnightDamien

Mon May 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Threash wrote: I am glad I stockpiled a bunch of skeleton warriors every time they had a sale, they will go perfect with this. I still don't know what this court of the dead is based on but I love them.
Not that you asked but...

Court of the Dead is an in-house world/set of characters created by Sideshow Toys to sell statues of all these weird undead characters.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 8:10 pm

Oh, well glad someone made them into actual action figures cause the characters rock but statues are really not my thing.
KnightDamien

Mon May 23, 2022 9:28 pm

Threash wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:10 pm
Oh, well glad someone made them into actual action figures cause the characters rock but statues are really not my thing.
Yeah, that was exactly my feeling. I'd seen the statues once or twice and thought the designs look cool, but then I'd basically forgotten the entire property existed because I don't care about statues.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue May 24, 2022 12:45 pm

Seeing these renews my wishes for figures of Wayne Barlowe's Inferno/Hell characters. That ungodly-cool 12" Baron Faraii was out of my reach at the price but his designs as done by BFS would make for awesome action figures.

https://www.figures.com/2017/04/06/zenp ... on-faraii/
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:19 pm

I just got processing emails for the Court of the Dead figures from BBTS. That's a lot faster than I was expecting!
Kassle
CROM!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 am

Gonna go full nerd here...

I only became familiar when BFS took the license. I remember seeing them at San Diego Comic Con every year but had no idea what they were as I do not collect statues.

Since the BFS launch I've done a bit of lore research and they actually have a lot going on story-wise, which was surprising. Lots of bios/stories - even comic books, youtube videos and a board game. Having a bit of background helped me understand the level of detail BFS put into the line even more.

In the lore there are 3 factions in the Underworld (ruled by Death; called the "Alltaker") - Flesh, Spirit & Bone. Each has a different focus in terms of what they believe in, and each seems to have a different leader. Gethsemoni is the Queen (Alltaker's mate) but she is also the leader of the Flesh faction (and seems to lean into a femme fatale role); Kier is more of a warrior character is part of the Spirit faction; I think she is one of two leaders in that group. What's additionally interesting about Kier is that she has a statue that is in human valkyrie form and it would be a gorgeous variant.

Anyway I say all of that to point out that the stands each have the characters faction on them and the symbol on the top of beautiful packaging represents the faction (as does the color of the box). They also elaborate a bit on the characters in the bios and mention allegiances/history.

For the next wave, they funnel into the following groups:
Flesh: Gallevarbe, Assassin
Bone: Demithyle, General; Relic Ravlatch, Paladin
Unaffiliated: Malavestros, the Fool (he is Death's court jester)
KnightDamien

Sat May 28, 2022 3:48 am

Kassle wrote:Gonna go full nerd here...
... Like I needed yet another thing to sit around reading about all night when I should be sleeping. Thanks.

I always knew there was some type of story to these character designs, but I'd sort of left that in the back of my mind like 'it doesn't really matter because it's just fluff text to justify a statue.' I didn't realize they put a bunch of thought into it. And I certainly didn't realize (but probably should have) that BFS put so much commitment into weaving the narrative into even the stands and packaging. That's super cool.
Thanks for sharing this.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm

See the Sideshow website for more info, obviously.

It's very cool stuff that will scratch my itch for Barlowe Hell figures, mostly. They'll be great figures to have regardless.
This OathBreaker dude would be awesome as an armybuilder:

On the other hand, while I *very* much like the helmet I dunno that this would make for very good hand-candy since it's almost entirely robes.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:21 pm

I dont have the interest to dig into the story behind the court of the dead, but my love for unique and cool action figures draws me pretty heavily to the line.

Honestly I could see myself buying whataver Boss Fight ends up producing from it. My figures are sitting in my pile o loot now, getting at itchy "ship now" trigger finger!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:35 pm

Looks like news for the Saurozoic figure line will be coming soon. Hopefully that means pre orders. BFS shared a pic on their Facebook page showing some unpainted parts for the line including an arm, and some accessories. And they stated to expect news in the coming week.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:37 pm

Have they even announced any more court of the dead figures since this initial two?
KnightDamien

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:06 am

Threash wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:37 pm
Have they even announced any more court of the dead figures since this initial two?
Yes. We already know the next wave of four figures. It's mentioned earlier in this thread, and was part of the Boss Fight week of reveals they recently did, so the CotD reveals have their own video on Boss Fight's YouTube channel as well.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”