Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:36 pm

Thank you for the clarification!

I'm only in this for some goblins, but even then I have some ordered from the next builder wave.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:08 am

Bummer on this not being an evergreen situation but at the same time with the supply chain issues I doubt they can commit to something like that right now. Hopefully they restock regularly at least or set up a rolling preorder system.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 am

I just don't realistically see how they could keep anything in constant stock. It doesn't seem to fit their business model to keep stock in hand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 am

If they're already expecting a sell-out by Monday (and the idea of keeping figures in stock for any significant amount of time is unrealistic), maybe they're planning on frequently restocking the Legion Builders? I can only assume that's what they're going to do. Maybe every time (or every other time) they have a wave going into production, they produce some more LBs to have in-stock. Also not sure how often they'll rotate which Legion Builders they'll be re-offering.

If they limits are 12 per, yeah...they just want to quickly sell them and not keep them around for any real amount of time. Also suggests they made quite a bit. I'm down for some Black Knights. Maybe some Bronze Dwarves, but I already have 3 of them. I had ordered 6pks of the Skeleton, Orc, and Goblins when they first came out, so I'm good on them.
Samalas
Super Poseable

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:23 am

FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:
I just don't realistically see how they could keep anything in constant stock. It doesn't seem to fit their business model to keep stock in hand.

Was it ever their direct word that it would be an always in stock situation? From what I remember from that original email/announcement, it was going to be a "We'll regularly restock these" kinda items.

And I know there may be some complaints about that order number, but I'm really hoping that if they're allowing 12 per figure, and STILL don't think they'll sell out until Monday, then they have an absurd amount of stock on hand.

I know that this isn't a preorder, but is it known if there will be an "all in" store option so we don't have to add everything individually?
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:19 am

I’m definitely going to try and get a Barbarian or two. I still regret selling mine all those years ago. It will be nice to finally have it back in my collection.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Four Horsemen - Mythic Legions

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 am

MollyMillions wrote:Friend is asking me if the Barbarian is the 1.0 kit out.

Is it?

I don't know what that means and neither does he except that he only wants me to toss it on my order if it's the 1.0 kit out.
Yes it is the 1.0 Barbarian kit.

This is the one;

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-le ... /barbarian

And there are a whole bunch of brand new pics for it on the site.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:06 am

Cheers, I'll pass those along.
gosailor
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Samalas wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:23 am
FuzzyBlueDemon wrote:

Was it ever their direct word that it would be an always in stock situation? From what I remember from that original email/announcement, it was going to be a "We'll regularly restock these" kinda items.

And I know there may be some complaints about that order number, but I'm really hoping that if they're allowing 12 per figure, and STILL don't think they'll sell out until Monday, then they have an absurd amount of stock on hand.

I know that this isn't a preorder, but is it known if there will be an "all in" store option so we don't have to add everything individually?

There is no all-in option this time or any other kind of bundle.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:08 pm

My understanding is that the legion builders will be in stock on a regular basis. Sure they'll sell out from time to time but the plan is to constantly restock them. So if a figure sells out you'll only have to wait months as opposed to years at having another shot at it.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:27 pm

I think that was the goal, but with the state of things, I'd guess there's more of a once or twice yearly legion builder sale at this point.

Gotta imagine that the next wave of LBs will be all different characters, which means some of these may not come back around again for quite some time.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm

During that livestream, they mentioned all the plans for 2022 are set. And implied another Legion Builder restock is not planned. But things could change. They said ideally they'd stock Legion Builders every 6-8 months.

There are the deluxe Legion Builders coming out this year as well. So lots of Legion Builder activity this year.

I am curious if they'll restock the Legion Builders again or offer up different ones in the next round. A lot of use would like to see new Legion Builders, even just existing figures in new colors (green knight, etc). I believe we haven't gotten a new basic Legion Builder since the Black Knight, so new Legion Builders (other than the deluxe ones) don't seem to happen very often. I wonder if they'd make some new ones as part of the next restock and not attach them to any kind of pre-sale wave? I would suggest putting a Legion Builder in each wave, but maybe with All-Ins per story wave they don't make sense.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm
During that livestream, they mentioned all the plans for 2022 are set. And implied another Legion Builder restock is not planned. But things could change. They said ideally they'd stock Legion Builders every 6-8 months.

There are the deluxe Legion Builders coming out this year as well. So lots of Legion Builder activity this year.

I am curious if they'll restock the Legion Builders again or offer up different ones in the next round. A lot of use would like to see new Legion Builders, even just existing figures in new colors (green knight, etc). I believe we haven't gotten a new basic Legion Builder since the Black Knight, so new Legion Builders (other than the deluxe ones) don't seem to happen very often. I wonder if they'd make some new ones as part of the next restock and not attach them to any kind of pre-sale wave? I would suggest putting a Legion Builder in each wave, but maybe with All-Ins per story wave they don't make sense.

This color(test shot?) for a very basic Knight or Barbarian with one accessory and no extra heads would be great to get too. The white bare chested Barbarian is something I’ve been waiting for since 2016 and a white knight would be very welcome to army build as drones or customize as a one off.
Should be cheap to produce and easy to sell
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Since the line has such a customizer fanbase, I wonder if they'd release unpainted versions of the figures. Maybe in solid colors like black, grey, or white like the test shot you posted. It would be easier to produce and sell, but maybe they like selling the pricepoints they do. So why sell a product for less if you don't have to?
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm

There was an idea floated around a while back that they could have a parts on demand service. So you could "build" your figure and then order all the parts to assemble it. The parts would come in grey or something.

I would guess we are a ways off from that, but the upcoming game is going to have a character customizer with their parts catalog...

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”