Muppets (Palisades/DST)

F-TEAM! ASSEMBLE! Doo doo doo dum dum! - Not all toy topics can be assigned a famous block. Talk about the rest of the toy lines here!
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Muppets (Palisades/DST)

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I got my sdcc Bunsen and Beaker. Didn't realize that they added a table to this set and the re-release of the original. Nice that they paid attention to a complaint of the first release and corrected it. Also Didn't release that Beaker was in his more modern, brighter lab coat.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Yoda Man
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:52 pm

I know the line is basically dead, but I would have been all-in on any Muppets Haunted Mansion figures if DST had made any. I’m beyond excited for the special and saddened by the lack of non-D23 Merch.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:29 am

Yoda Man wrote:
I know the line is basically dead, but I would have been all-in on any Muppets Haunted Mansion figures if DST had made any. I’m beyond excited for the special and saddened by the lack of non-D23 Merch.
That wouldve been great.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 am

Yoda Man wrote:
If Sam and Rizzo do well, we have discussed doing more classic characters. I think Haunted Mansion is a long shot though.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Awesome to hear there still is a chance to get more characters
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:12 pm

yeah that's great news
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 pm

I just got a bunch of these for my birthday last month, and I love them! Got Statler and Waldorf, Bunsen and Beaker, Animal and the Swedish Chef. Can't wait to get the rest (except Janice, she gave me nightmares as a kid and will not be on any of my shelves thank you)! Glad to hear I didn't just jump into a completely dead line, as my brother and I were just discussing how much we want some Sesame Street Muppets in the same style figures. I don't know if the licensing is different, but I would love everyone from Telly to Guy Smiley, Snuffalupagus to Forgetful Jones and everyone in between.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:36 pm

MSWord wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 am
Yoda Man wrote:
If Sam and Rizzo do well, we have discussed doing more classic characters. I think Haunted Mansion is a long shot though.
Oh, that's awesome to hear! There's so many characters, and versions of characters that I still want.
MSWord
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:07 pm

Nik wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 pm
I just got a bunch of these for my birthday last month, and I love them! Got Statler and Waldorf, Bunsen and Beaker, Animal and the Swedish Chef. Can't wait to get the rest (except Janice, she gave me nightmares as a kid and will not be on any of my shelves thank you)! Glad to hear I didn't just jump into a completely dead line, as my brother and I were just discussing how much we want some Sesame Street Muppets in the same style figures. I don't know if the licensing is different, but I would love everyone from Telly to Guy Smiley, Snuffalupagus to Forgetful Jones and everyone in between.
Licensing is different. Muppets are owned by Disney, Sesame Street is owned by Sesame Workshop. Not sure we'd dive into Sesame Street (or Fraggle Rock, for that matter) right away. More Muppets to make!

And you can get most of the Muppets at diamondselecttoys.com!
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/shop- ... he-muppets
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:32 pm

I added an orchestra pit, the balcony wall, and some more stage drops to my Muppet Theatre set. Thought you folks might enjoy seeing some.

There's more on my website, thought I did not photograph all the drops I made. (15 maybe?) https://pilliod.net/customs/muppet-theatre/
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:23 pm

This continues to blow my mind.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:44 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:32 pm
I added an orchestra pit, the balcony wall, and some more stage drops to my Muppet Theatre set. Thought you folks might enjoy seeing some.

Are you mixing DST with Palisades in these shots? Almost looks like Palisades Back Stage and DST everywhere else?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Fantastic!
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks folks!
mr Articulate wrote:
Are you mixing DST with Palisades in these shots? Almost looks like Palisades Back Stage and DST everywhere else?
Yes. The DSTs scale better with the stage, but there's no getting past the character and costume selection of the Palisades. Those are Palisades in the backstage playset, simply because I grabbed it off they shelf and they already populated it. There are other photos on my site of Palisades on the stage, too.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:25 pm

InanimateObjects wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
Thanks folks!
mr Articulate wrote:
Yes. The DSTs scale better with the stage, but there's no getting past the character and costume selection of the Palisades. Those are Palisades in the backstage playset, simply because I grabbed it off they shelf and they already populated it. There are other photos on my site of Palisades on the stage, too.
I honestly think the backstage playlet scales better with DST too. You can include 1:12/1:10 scale figures in there at scale and the Muppets look great next to them.

Return to “Island of Misfit Toys: The General Toys Talk Forum”