RC's Customs and Mods: Marvel Girl pg.3

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
StrangePlanet
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Rogue (Outback), Wolfsbane (X-Factor)

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:34 pm

All great stuff! That Rogue is new to me, and man, that hair!! I know it's accurate, but wowzers, Dear The 80s: take it easy on the hairspray! :p
It looks fantastic!! Nice Wolfsbane too, really put in some extra effort on that one and it shows.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Rogue (Outback), Wolfsbane (X-Factor)

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:38 am

Littlemidget312 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 am
I hope Hasbro’s attempt at Shadowcat lives up to yours. I love it!!
Thanks! Here's hoping they have one on the horizon, it's well overdue.
StrangePlanet wrote: All great stuff! That Rogue is new to me, and man, that hair!! I know it's accurate, but wowzers, Dear The 80s: take it easy on the hairspray! :p
It looks fantastic!! Nice Wolfsbane too, really put in some extra effort on that one and it shows.
Hahahaha thank you, the hair is ridiculous and top heavy, just the way it should be!
I'm hoping Hasbro make a new sculpt for Wolfsbane and Feral that has hair sculpted and has a bit more muscle.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Movie Mystique (Mid Transformation)

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Here's my custom of Movie Mystique "changing" into Wolverine, or back from Wolverine, however you'd like it. It was made using the new Marvel Legends Mystique, and the Toybiz X2 Wolverine, with sculpting in between.

PrettyPoison
Customized

Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Wow, this is incredible! My mind immediately went to the wolvie on wolvie fight scene from the first movie. Not easy to blend these, especially what you did with the shoulder, great work!
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanks a bunch! I'm already thinking if they do some X-Women in their suits it'd be fun to have it so I could swap parts with the likes of Storm. We'll have to see what Hasbro has up their sleeve.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Selene (Black Queen), Storm (90's Cell Shaded)

Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Here's two more that I've talked about elsewhere on the forum.

First, is my Selene mods. I wanted Selene to look more like her appearance during the Necrosha storyline. The head is the original Selene head. The paint was stripped and just repainted. Then I made her neck piece from varying degrees of craft wire. Her capelet is some black chiffon. Finally, I wasn't satisfied with any hairswap options for Selene to recreate the look, so I experimented using 0.01 gauge craft wire, inspired by the Medusa. This wire is ALOT finer, but still as poseable.

Next up, White, Black, Silver, who cares! This is a Storm repaint meant to emulate the "cell shaded" Jim Lee art. I first saw this method of repaint over the original sculpt done by Stark_Resilient on the 80th Anniversary Iron Man, so big shout out to them. Also, the head is pretty much a recreation of abeinfante's work over on Instagram. You should go check his out cause they are sublime.

I use alot of different panels of Storm in the 90's to cobble together something that looks half decent when painted in 3D. I doubt she'll fit in well with full displays as stylistically she could stand out a ton, but as a standalone she was alot of fun to experiment with!

Outterside123
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:19 pm

they are both amazing
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Fantastic!
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks peeps!
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Dark Phoenix, Storm (90's Cell Shaded) , Selene (Black Queen) Pg. 2

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Just a repaint of Dark Phoenix up next, using the original 2-Pack version. Went for the classic 80's look with this one, and tried to give it the ink shading to match. The hair is from Marvel Select Rogue and out of all the options I tried, it looked most like those classic curls. I repainted the face to give her a more sinister grin compared to what she previously had.

SecretIdentity24/7
Runs Around in Tights

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Dark Phoenix, Storm (90's Cell Shaded), Selene (Black Queen),

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 am

That Storm belongs in a museum and I don't care who I have to pay off to make it happen! Amazing work.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Dark Phoenix, Storm (90's Cell Shaded), Selene (Black Queen),

Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks very much SecretIdentity24/7!
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: RC's Customs and Mods: Psylocke (Classic, First Appearance) pg.2

Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:37 am

A classic Psylocke inspired by her debut panel. There's afew more tweaks I'd make, the wrist ties/tails are just a placeholder. I chose this really gorgeous pink/fuscia fabric that color shifts slightly into an orange, and I immediately knew that was the uber 80's fabric I needed. She is made from Ultron Wave Wasp head, upper torso and feet, All Father Wave Scarlet Witch's lower body, and Warlock Wave Polaris' arms. I have all intentions of making a neutral head but sculpting the hair on this smiling one was trickier than I anticipated, but eventually!

MrGordo
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Those are great ! I want them all. :drool:
Jmauer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:53 am

Thats storm can restart the white or black costume debate! Her, Phoenix and Betsy all look like they stepped right out of the comics. Really impressive work

Return to “Custom Galleries”