Shinigami Customs - SNAKE EYES, Batman, Doomsday, Crow

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Shinigami Customs - SNAKE EYES, Batman, Doomsday, Crow

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

After the snap, this gallery is incomplete, 5 years of my customs have vanished. Here are links to everything I did:
https://www.figurerealm.com/customfigur ... or&id=7047
https://www.instagram.com/shinigamicustoms/
https://www.facebook.com/ShinigamiCustoms
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Shinigami's Super Fun Custom Thread!!1

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Anti-Venom

A repaint of NECA RE4 Regenerator with some minor retooling. Lots of different paint colors.
Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Gambit

I won a MS Gambit proto in a DST contest on their Facebook page. Full paint job.
Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbspClick Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Kilowog

Wog is the first custom I made from a couple of figures. In this case I think it were two - a Hasbro Hulk and the CNC Kilowog head. The outfit he's wearing is actually Cyclops' costume from the First Class series.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Daredevil

DD wears my interpretation of his costume, which I think is a trend in my customs. He was put together from a Shield Agent, Face-Off Daredevil and ML4 Punisher. His symbol is a good quality sticker, a thing I also use from time to time.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Iron Fist

This one was toughter than it may look. Getting the right shade of green was the hardest part. I think he was finished with three different greens in the end. The costume is a more of a training or meditation outfit. He's a SOTA Gen body, Vega lower arm (shortened) and upper legs and a ML12 Iron Fist head.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Cyclops - Black and White

The first (and only one so far) in what I imagined a series of customs. Less articulation, more sclupted detailes and unique looks. This costume is a mix of his older X-Factor look and the various jackets he tended to wear in the 90s.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Sexy Time Sinestro (Swinestro)
(Monochromatic contest entry)
Yeah... this odball was a last moment contest entry on FigureRealm. The theme was to use only one color on your custom. Well, I came up with this.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Batman - The Dark Knight Returns
First things first - I hate the TDKR comic and it's interpretation of Bats. But this was a Secret Santa gift, so I had to make it right. He was so fun to make, even though I had to sand a lot of details (like Beast's fur), try to sculpt gloves (how I hate sculpting) and figure out how to make them scalops.
Despite my feelings towards grandpa, I think he looks kick ass and I would be very happy to own a figure like this one.

Recipe:
XMC Stealth Beast - torso and undies, shoulder joints, upper arms and elbows
ML12 Bishop - lower arms and hands, legs complete with balljoints
DCD TDKR Batman - head, cape, belt, batarang

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbspClick Here&nbspClick Here&nbsp
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Batman Beyond
First I wanted to make him exactly like others have done before - Deadman lower torso and upper legs with Sinestro's upper torso, arms and lower legs, but I'm one Deadman short, so I had to improvise. He's all Sinestro - except forearms and head, these obviously came from the DCUC4 Bats. Forearms had to be cut a little near the joint, because they were too bulky, belt had been cut (inside), to fit on the new body, but other than that it's just paint, no additional sculpting.

The symbol was made the usual way: first drawn by hand, then cut from a good quality sticker. This time I've made four different designs before I've found one I was happy with. And it's almost identical with the one from the cartoon. Also, the batarang is now faithful, too.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Solid Snake - Metal Gear Solid 2
How come there aren't any good 6/7" scale Snake figures?

This guy uses the always useful SHIELD Agent body, XMC Stealth Wolverine's boots and ML Black Panther feet. Head, pouches and guns come from Medicom Solid and Old Snakes.
Straps were made with styrene strips, some of them aren't attached at both sides (on the legs, ab crunch) to save the full range of movement.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Black Mask
We all know and love the good Roman Sionis, the patron Saint of Being Shot in the Head. He's the DCD Batman Rogues Gallery Black Mask body with a variant DCUC Martian Manhunter head, gun and harness came from the recent Sam Jackson Nick Fury. I had to cut and sand the head a little to come up with a more skull-like shape. I think it doesn't look too bad.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Captain Poland
This here superhero is my own creation, the greatest hero of my home country. He's a mutant/meta human with the ability of flight and energy projection. His costume is composed of our national colors and adorned in the Polish coat of arms - the white eagle - with it's wings wrapped around Captain's arms.
He's also my DC Universe Online character and my favorite custom thus far. I'm very, very proud of him.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Backlash
Do you know this fella? I know I don't. He's called Backlash and apparently he's a Wildstorm character. Anyway, it was a commission and the person said he wanted me to redesign Backlash here a little.
I've started with a DCUC Captain Hobo and a LCBH Madman head. I wanted to incorporate every major point of his costume into my desing and I think I pulled that off. Instead of sculpting some intricate belts and webbing I've used the ones from a Shield Agent and gave them those red sparkly thingies. The best part is these belts are the exact same color as the paint mix used on his costume details (which are somewhat raised thanks to my super-secret-techniques).
Backlash wears a full face mask so I had to sand the mouth and flatten the nose of the Madman head to simulate that look. Hair was done with a couple of the good ol' dry brushes and finished with painting white streaks.
After giving the guns a better paint job (or any paint job at all), he's ready to kick ass and hit on your Barbies.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Click Here&nbsp
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Flash
The Scarlet Speedster is here! Wally or Barry? I'm not sure. I do prefer Wally but I wanted to make a Flash I'm most esthetically pleased with, my own definitive version.
I also wanted him to fit in with my DCD Justice League, so I had a set of guidlines - use mostly DC Direct parts (well, duh) and don't use any shading at all. DCD figures generally sport very clean colors with sharp transitions.
I think I pulled that off.
Lightnings made with the usual use of high quality stickers. Makes them 3D and flatter than sculpting would have.
Everything yellow finished with gloss.

Recipe:
DCD Blackest Night 6 Hal Jordan - body
DCUC7 Flash - head, fists, lower legs.

Click Here&nbsp
Warning! FRAT! :
Click Here&nbsp
Click Here&nbsp

Return to “Custom Galleries”