Please Read - Spam in the Custom Galleries

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
Prodigy
DC biased....but still allowed entry
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Please Read - Spam in the Custom Galleries

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:42 am

Tonight we had a pretty serious infraction of one of the few rules we have on the Fwoosh. A few members generated a widespread spam campaign, here in the Custom Galleries. They selected several pages of threads that were 2 - 3 months old and posted one-liners in them - bumping old topics to the top of the forum and pushing anything recent back several pages deep.

I don't know if this was some kind of political statement about the quality of feedback here in the Galleries, a prank organized at another board (one of the perpetrators is a moderator at another toy site), or whatever. Frankly, I don't care - it's irrelevant.

All that matters is that we do not tolerate spam here. It's one of the big three - along with personal attacks and trading offenses.

As a result, we've used the tools at our disposal to remove the spam. The side effect is that all the rest of these members' posts are gone. Sorry, but I'm not going to spend a few hours of my weekend cleaning up their mess post by post, nor would I expect anyone else on staff here to do so. If there are people who want to post here like kids, we'll clean up after them like they're kids.

We take pride in the maturity of our fellow Fwooshers. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks for keeping this a positive place for us to share our customs with each other.

Return to “Custom Galleries”