READ: Rules on WIPS and teasers

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
SamuRon
Big Hands
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

READ: Rules on WIPS and teasers

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:09 pm

Hello fellow customizers,

If you've been with us for a while, you've seen how much the Custom Galleries has grown. We've got so many talented folks posting now that it's a real challenge to see everyone's work. So, we'd like to give something a try to see if it helps make it easy for all of us to keep up with each other's custom goodness.

We're asking you to only post new customs as finished pieces. If you've got pictures of WIPs, show them at the same time as you unveil the finished piece, not before. Showing WIPs beforehand just ruins the fun and surprise out of seeing your newest custom; and it also takes the spotlight off of the last customizer who had just updated his/her thread with an honest to goodness real live finished custom.

This also means no teasers - while they can be fun, they tend to clutter up an already busy board. If you have updated pictures of your custom, please edit your original post. Of course, recipes and discussion are highly encouraged, so please keep including those write-ups with your finished pieces.

For the special cases where you are having trouble with a WIP and want to get feedback on how to proceed, post in the Custom Shop Talk. Once you get all your problems worked out and the custom finished, post the finished in your Gallery thread, and add the WIPs along with that post because it'd be interesting to read what changes you made to the WIP to get to the finish.

We might help out from time to time to get this implemented, so don't be alarmed if some posts are moved or deleted. Our goal is to keep the Custom Galleries the premiere showcase for customizers, not a chore to wade through. Let us know how we're doing!

Thanks - the Fwoosh staff
AF
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:05 am

pairadocs
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:54 am

Well, I'm glad I read this, as I was just about to post some WIP shots! :)

Guess you guys is gonna have to be waitin' now! ;)
bratpop
Master Baiter

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:18 am

Ha! I remember when I posted my first lame Superman I mentioned that no one wanted to see lame WIPs, and outrage ensued. It would be funny if Ron was the one who responded to that remark. :lol: I think it might have been Norm though.
actionfiguresrule
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:16 am

thx for the update, SR, and please thank AJ too, he left me a cool post on my customs thread, so i appreciate that. like pairadocs, i was just about to unload some wips too.

yah, it makes sense now to hold off, b/c like you pointed out, you get more of a thrill (oooh...ahhh) when you can see the final unveiling magically appear, w/o the knowledge of any wips.

ok, nuff said, back to the toy workshop i go! :lol:
zombihamma
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:44 am

Good Idea
toyjunkie71
Needs a Hit, Man!

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:47 pm

As you like it.
SideShow
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:51 pm

This wouldnt have anything to do with Wolverines296's post about teasers would it?
SamuRon
Big Hands

Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:39 pm

SideShow wrote:This wouldnt have anything to do with Wolverines296's post about teasers would it?
Wolvie's thread was timely - it gave us an opportunity to see what people thought about teasers and WIPs and the Galleries in general. but we've been talking for a while about how to handle the growth in there and keep it easy to read while keeping it loose and not too rigid.

we know that it's the fwooshers who make this a fun place to visit, so we're always worried about how changes will make people feel. and if anything - we're flexible. if this isn't the best way to do it, we'll keep trying.

how does everyone think it's working so far?
AF
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:43 pm

Ron, I like it....but there's still a lot of us that would like to post WIP/teasers....and I don't think the Modeller's Extra is the place? Is there any way that you guys can create a new forum, just for WIP? I mean, yeah, since this has started, the Modeller's Extra has gotten some extra attention, but that's just 'junking' the Extra up now, IMO. But I think that taking them out (until the custom is finished) of the Gallery is working. Makes it a lot cleaner. Keep up the good work guys :D
actionfiguresrule
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:12 am

yah, as much as i like the pats on the back for my wip pics and such, i can stand to hold off on showing any of the wips til i'm finished w/ the custom. this way, as SR had alluded to, it makes the big reveal all the more "ooh...ahhh" and for me, that makes the wait so much more worth it.

plus, i don't have to stress out about keeping up w/ posting wips at every other site either! :lol:

just my two bits...
A.G. Customs
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:17 pm

I don't like this rule....I really enjoy seeing teasers and sharing them.......... :cry:
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:32 pm

Then put them in the Extra, where everyone else is putting WIP shots. No biggie right?
dracine
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:39 pm

How long before people complain about to much WIP in the other forums?
SamuRon
Big Hands

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:58 pm

we've also been considering the Extra and if we need to get that organized a bit more. we'll turn our attention there when we've got the Galleries running smoothly.

thanks for the feedback, everyone - keep it coming!

Return to “Custom Galleries”